Clean diesel really here?

92merc

After all the fiasco's with clean diesels, Bosch is claiming to have a solution to emissions issues. New code will comply with 2020 Euro regs. My bet is that it most likely will harm diesel mileage. They didn't mention that in the article.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-25/bosch-says-it-s-made-a-breakthrough-that-can-save-diesel-engines

I think they do because without it, Bosch will lose the bulk of its business to other technology leaders.

The devil is in the detail, no new hardware and closely managing Exhaust temperature.

One tenth of current emission levels is massive, I bet it doesn't affect fuel economy as that would be

self defeating............this also shows how totally avoidable dieselgate was...

Edited by jpd80

After all the fiasco's with clean diesels, Bosch is claiming to have a solution to emissions issues. New code will comply with 2020 Euro regs. My bet is that it most likely will harm diesel mileage. They didn't mention that in the article.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-25/bosch-says-it-s-made-a-breakthrough-that-can-save-diesel-engines

Can you believe the CEO would actually make this statement;

He said the company is prohibiting technology that recognizes test cycles and its products aren’t allowed to be optimized for test situations any more.

“With this new exhaust technology, blanket driving bans in the centers of the world’s major cities will no longer be an issue.

Why? Because we now have the technology to resolve the problem of nitrogen oxides in road traffic," Denner said.

The system will be for new diesel cars and can’t be retrofitted, a company spokesman said by phone.

Not surprising that Bosch would not make a retrofit cure to VW's woes, I could imagine a massive law suit if they did...

29,000 Wranglers?, thought I never see that day. Though I have no need for one I see the appeal and the resale value of them and Jeep overall. Chrysler brand should be adding models within 2 MYs or so.