Mach E battery range about 330 miles

16 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Tesla has a devoted, loyal base like Ford does with the F-Series. Certainly the MachE looks competitive, and there is room in the segment for many players, but Tesla is top dog. The Model Y is very impressive. I just don't like the minimalist interior dominated by the huge tablet. 

I watched the Joe Raiti review of the Taycan 4S, and while nice the Model S is still better IMO. The range on the Porsche is lacking too. The Model S is still top dog. 

I get it that the MachE completes with the Model Y. I like the interior of the Ford better and their dealer network, but dang that Model Y is nice. Hopefully Ford can carve out a decent market share of the electric market with this vehicle.

The Y is a nice vehicle but I’m still not completely sold on the plain front clip and I feel like the minimalist interior is kind of phoning it in.   I like the rest and the specs are good, but regardless whether I’m a Ford fan, I do find the Mach E more appealing.  

I also read this article regarding the Y which was interesting, but hard to say if truly indicative of demand. 

https://electrek.co/2020/06/09/tesla-adds-model-y-referral-program-weak-demand/amp/

1 hour ago, tbone said:

I also read this article regarding the Y which was interesting, but hard to say if truly indicative of demand. 

https://electrek.co/2020/06/09/tesla-adds-model-y-referral-program-weak-demand/amp/

I think the biggest problem with Tesla with the Y and X is they look like pregnant sedans and not the typical 2 box design that CUVs have. I think if the Y looked more like a typical CUV it would be selling better....or maybe the BEV market is saturated right now. 

The Mach E can get away with that because its a 4 door Mustang looking product. Plus IMO it looks better then the Y and X too. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I think the biggest problem with Tesla with the Y and X is they look like pregnant sedans and not the typical 2 box design that CUVs have. I think if the Y looked more like a typical CUV it would be selling better....or maybe the BEV market is saturated right now. 

The Mach E can get away with that because its a 4 door Mustang looking product. Plus IMO it looks better then the Y and X too. 

I saw my first Model Y the other day, and yeah, it like the X looks kind of odd.

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

Mach E definitely looks better and this form factor of high riding fastback coupe has become so common it is no longer a shock to the eye. 

The problem with the X and Y is the way the green houses look on them...thus the comment about why they look like pregnant sedans

22-tesla-model-x-2018-exterior--grey--profile.thumb.jpg.4178921fb6ccb26e557a749f29c36993.jpg

How big is Tesla's Model Y? | EVANNEX Aftermarket Tesla Accessories

Vs

ford-focus-sedan-2.thumb.jpg.462e7058764b8944d172402ad7c2cd66.jpg

ford-escape-titanium-2020-02-blue--exterior--profile--rural.thumb.jpg.2d39068231c348cc287c075ab5ddc99f.jpg

The CUV varients look like the are pinched together and look overwroght in the passenger area. They aren't pleasant to look at..the Model S is a nice looking car. The Model 3 is kinda dumpy IMO. They remind me of this abomination 

Review: 2010 Acura ZDX is a space (challenged) oddity | Autoblog