BUYOUT...When Do We Leave??

autoworker2

Now both of you all just ,hold your horses, for a minute.There are many factors that must first,be taken into consideration.Like how we gonna 'run' without ya?Manpower needs must be addressed.Everybody cant just simply hit the door all at once!Dont ya want some O.T.?C`mon stick around,misery loves company.:)

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fatso said:

Now both of you all just ,hold your horses, for a minute.There are many factors that must first,be taken into consideration.Like how we gonna 'run' without ya?Manpower needs must be addressed.Everybody cant just simply hit the door all at once!Dont ya want some O.T.?C`mon stick around,misery loves company.:)

Sorry Fats I gotta go. Like I said before Ford ran just fine before I got there and will run just fine after I have left the building.......Thank You very much!!!!!

9 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

CAP has plenty to replace me, let me go already. 

I'd trade my lump sum for an exit today.

Somethings gotta be "up".Ford must expect a slowdown.I am interested to see how many production people take the bonus and split.Ford announced to its shareholders that this massive buyout offer will reduce operating costs.All kidding aside,these buyouts {in my understanding} are contingent on manpower needs.Meaning that there is a ,"number" , Ford wants to hit with these buyouts.Seniority means something at a time like this,so does the plant you are working at.TAKE ME WITH YOU :congrats:

Edited by Fatso

4 hours ago, Fatso said:

Somethings gotta be "up".Ford must expect a slowdown.I am interested to see how many production people take the bonus and split.Ford announced to its shareholders that this massive buyout offer will reduce operating costs.All kidding aside,these buyouts {in my understanding} are contingent on manpower needs.Meaning that there is a ,"number" , Ford wants to hit with these buyouts.Seniority means something at a time like this,so does the plant you are working at.TAKE ME WITH YOU :congrats:

At the same time they would have no problem replacing people at the lower starting wage plus no pension.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:16 PM, Ididntdoit said:

CAP has plenty to replace me, let me go already. 

I'd trade my lump sum for an exit today.

Really.... trade the lump? That bad , why not just take a leave of  absence (psychological leaves are handed out everyday here in paradise...) or do the FMLA dance till your lottery number is pulled. Sorry to say ididntdoit, CAP will be on the bottom of the list for any retirement incentives or any other members getting out of jail free passes. Remember...... it is CAP we be talkin bout :hat_tip:

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Decker said:

Really.... trade the lump? That bad , why not just take a leave of  absence (psychological leaves are handed out everyday here in paradise...) or do the FMLA dance till your lottery number is pulled. Sorry to say ididntdoit, CAP will be on the bottom of the list for any retirement incentives or any other members getting out of jail free passes. Remember...... it is CAP we be talkin bout :hat_tip:

CAP where C crew has 300 awols monday night, yes take my lump sum get me out of here before I get stuck in Shitcago quick sand. 

I have never messed with FMLA, I leave that for the lazy workers to abuse.

They'll be cutting C crew soon so sign ups will be dec 1 st to see how many and when. Sorry Decker I'm leaving you with the best Chicago has to offer.

Now jest SETTLE DOWN a dang minute,ever last one of ya!. GM has already set dates to accept the buyout offer,I read around, Dec.14 and dates for leaving ,I read around mid- March.Seniority will determine who goes first as far as GM hitting their target number.Ford has said that the company is still working on the details of its buyout/retirement incentive offers and threw in that Romeo Engine has up to 4 years to close.The company usually has manpower requirements or, a number of employees in mind that they want to see leave.Also the company has to figure out when it wants to absorb the costs of the buyouts on their financial statement they release to Wall Street.The contract Highlights;) read "retire as determined under the normal and early retirement provisions of this agreement".I dont see a lot of wiggle room there but I am no lawyer.Seems to me that if you are production or one of the "up to" 200 trades {make me laugh} selected and you are eligible for a normal retirement,meaning 30 + years then you get the bonus?Its like an addition to your retirement and you should be able to collect it when you want?Wait----"provisions of the agreement" is in there.I guess,here we go again,brace yourself for whatever happens and get ready to hear your union say "Yes,they can do that" .:thumbsup:

Edited by Fatso
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

they're rolling over another 194 temps, tossing them the 9k signing bonus but still no date on the STEP program or even a sign up.

I read in a finance article that GM has 2 dates listed.They want to know who is interested in taking the retirement incentive by 12/14 with the understanding that if it is granted then the employee will be exiting around 3/14.The article said that Ford is still working out the details of its retirement incentives and that Ford has up to 4 years to close Romeo Engine.I guess Ford would not allow itself to get pinned down on the issue during negotiations.I assume that,manpower needs along with the best time to take the hit of the cost on its financial statements.At this point I would call the Contract Highlights,too vague,in order to get a firm understanding of how it will work.Good-Luck.

• Thanks 1

Ford's retirement details were worked out pretty clear in the highlights just need them dates. 

It's not rocket science, have everyone sign up see how many them toss'em a date. Leaving us hanging in limbo while pampering temps isn't going to get more cars down the line. 

It's just my luck though the time I'm ready to go it's gotta be difficult to get out. 

This is ridiculous,  planned on retiring February 1 now I’m hearing it could be much longer why can’t they just give us a date and let us go. Been told to wait will hear an answer after the first of the year then by the time you put your paperwork in that’s taking you into maybe April before you can go

23 minutes ago, hbelfast1 said:

This is ridiculous,  planned on retiring February 1 now I’m hearing it could be much longer why can’t they just give us a date and let us go. Been told to wait will hear an answer after the first of the year then by the time you put your paperwork in that’s taking you into maybe April before you can go

Also,if you were planning on leaving and signing up for Social Security,there is a 3-4 month lag before your SSA checks arrive.The Contract Highlights state "workers who retire AS DETERMINED under the normal and early retirement provisions of this agreement".The company is still working out all the details but you`ll probably get the 60K.

Edited by Fatso

Thing is they gave the excuse for most of the contract as " We followed the pattern GM gave us" well GM gave them a date.

Now Ford needs to stop being wishy washy and produce a date or at least get the sign ups going on Dec 1st to see how much they're working with.

Or maybe it'll be time to take action, what action I don't know but I'm sure not going to sit here quietly until I have a release date.

Not happy with it reduced to 60k with the excuse that they followed GM's pattern, so then follow it all the way and give us our date.

4 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

Thing is they gave the excuse for most of the contract as " We followed the pattern GM gave us" well GM gave them a date.

Now Ford needs to stop being wishy washy and produce a date or at least get the sign ups going on Dec 1st to see how much they're working with.

Or maybe it'll be time to take action, what action I don't know but I'm sure not going to sit here quietly until I have a release date.

Not happy with it reduced to 60k with the excuse that they followed GM's pattern, so then follow it all the way and give us our date.

if your so miserable, just quit and leave.  whining and bitching..............gets old

• Like 1