Lincoln Mark LT Update.

turbo_diesel_focus

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_dis...m?release=23866

This is one of only a few Ford Motor Company products that has seen a sales increase! Lets hope they keep it fresh!

YOu can't be serious can you? This thing is a giant joke. Very nice interior but it is nothing but an F-150, they didn't invest 1 cent is new sheetmetal, t is the definition of what is wrong with Ford(or hopefuly we can say what was wrong with ford) Lincoln hit rock bottom with having an entire lot of crappy vehicles so Ford decides to literally just throw a chrome grill on an F-150. Ugh................................They need to kill it as it is such a pathetic joke not keep it freahs, I fail to see the excitement from selling virtually next to nothing to selling a few hundreds units more than next to nothing.

YOu can't be serious can you? This thing is a giant joke. Very nice interior but it is nothing but an F-150, they didn't invest 1 cent is new sheetmetal, t is the definition of what is wrong with Ford(or hopefuly we can say what was wrong with ford) Lincoln hit rock bottom with having an entire lot of crappy vehicles so Ford decides to literally just throw a chrome grill on an F-150. Ugh................................They need to kill it as it is such a pathetic joke not keep it freahs, I fail to see the excitement from selling virtually next to nothing to selling a few hundreds units more than next to nothing.

Whoa there tiger. The Mark LT may just be a cheap re-skin, but everyone Ford sells is a huge boost in profits since it took next to no extra investment to make the Lincoln version of the F-150. I say keep your fingers crossed and hope they sell, sell, sell.

My contention has always been that the LT is the equivalent of the Denali or King Ranch, its price match. And for the same price you get more differentiation than either of the other two. Sure Lincoln could have added a bespoke interior or interior, but at what cost? The $10k Caddy had to add to the EXT’s price? Quite simply Lincoln can sell more LT’s at a higher profit as it’s configured than chasing Caddy into a dead end. History has shown the LT, King Ranch, and Denali price point is the sweet spot for luxo-trucks, adding extra cost/price simply mean less profit.

This is what worries me, hope they don't put the Expedition's grill on it...

Someone posted a pic of the new grille in another forum somewhere already. It's NOT the Navigator's mess of a front end. It looks similar to the current one, only a bit more "metallic" looking you could say...sort of like the MKZ grille compared to the Zephyr's. They also balanced out the chrome paneling around the sides so it matches up with the front and rear bumpers better.

Now if I could only find that other post....

YOu can't be serious can you? This thing is a giant joke. Very nice interior but it is nothing but an F-150, they didn't invest 1 cent is new sheetmetal, t is the definition of what is wrong with Ford(or hopefuly we can say what was wrong with ford) Lincoln hit rock bottom with having an entire lot of crappy vehicles so Ford decides to literally just throw a chrome grill on an F-150. Ugh..................

Well, at least it's better than the Blackwood :hysterical: You had an all-style-without-substance truck in the Blackwood, versus a style-devoid-but-functional truck in the LT. And which one wins?

Actually, I just saw only my second Blackwood ever, parked next to one at a bigbox a few days ago. Owner happened to come out and I got to see that infamous useless bed first-hand. Yeah. Looked beautiful on the inside, just like a custom sound truck at SEMA, but seriously - what a joke. The FiveHundred could out-haul that thing!

If I was in the market for a "Luxury" truck, I would much rather have the chomed-F150 LT than the castrated-F150 Blackwood. Guess I'm not the only one...

(The Blackwood's bed exterior IS a thing of beauty, though. It would be neat if they added that sense of style to the LT).

Edited by goingincirclez

Whoa there tiger. The Mark LT may just be a cheap re-skin, but everyone Ford sells is a huge boost in profits since it took next to no extra investment to make the Lincoln version of the F-150. I say keep your fingers crossed and hope they sell, sell, sell.

See this is where people like you get this whole thing wrong. Ford probably isn't making much more off this truck than a fully loaded Lariet and at the same time, turning the Lincoln brand into "ordinary". But everyone, including Ford seems to forget that brand image is everything and thats Toyota and Honda can sell at full price and Ford and GM can't. The Lincoln brand used to mean something but now it seems that its only a jazzed up Ford.

Note... It's in ford media article from the the orginal post... JM didn't bother to see the picture as he was looking for soemthing to troll on

Kris, ...if you're talking about this little picture I can barely even see the grill, let alone tell if it has been changed & what is different in the below pic and the pic of the 2006 LT I can't tell, they look the same to me oh & FYI I did read the article before posting how else did I pull the quote

07Lincolnmarklt.jpg

For those of us without as keen of eyesight here is a larger pic where you can clearly tell the grill has changed:

scan.jpg

Edited by JM

JM, No offense... I was trying to be sarcastic... As for being able to pickout the differences... What stood out to me was the new headlights, so I was able to determine the small picture was the refresh.

What's worth your $40 money? Serria-turned-Denali? F150-turned-KingRanch? Or F150-turned-LT? I'd say I'm getting more for my money with the LT... And so do a lot of other people. But then whay I'm I thinking... Lincoln should be in the good of impressing fictional buyers on messageboards instead of offering to thier customers what they want.

JM, No offense... I was trying to be sarcastic... As for being able to pickout the differences... What stood out to me was the new headlights, so I was able to determine the small picture was the refresh.

What's worth your $40 money? Serria-turned-Denali? F150-turned-KingRanch? Or F150-turned-LT? I'd say I'm getting more for my money with the LT... And so do a lot of other people. But then whay I'm I thinking... Lincoln should be in the good of impressing fictional buyers on messageboards instead of offering to thier customers what they want.

My bad...I had a rough day at work.

I love the LT, even if it is just a chromed out F150, it looks great! Probably the best thing the truck has going for it is that it's a reskinned F150. All of the diehard Ford fans that are used to buying a F150 know that when they buy the LT they are getting the same reliable tough Ford truck but in a more status oriented manner. I've seen plenty of farmers/ranchers driving this truck around & I think that if it looked to far from the F150 they probably wouldn't trust it as much.

Someone posted a pic of the new grille in another forum somewhere already. It's NOT the Navigator's mess of a front end. It looks similar to the current one, only a bit more "metallic" looking you could say...sort of like the MKZ grille compared to the Zephyr's. They also balanced out the chrome paneling around the sides so it matches up with the front and rear bumpers better.

Now if I could only find that other post....

They also converted the headlamps to squirles and got rid of the round styled units...

Geez, Lincoln missed the opportunity to bring back the big spare tire hump and put it on everything they make... After all everything is a Mark now...

Am I the only one who noticed that the new Zephyr... uhm MkZ has taillamps that somewhat resemble a Versailles the way they wrap around the corners?

I remember back in the day people were customizing Rancheros to look like Lincoln Marks and Cadillac Eldorados converted with truck beds. Seems back then people liked the idea of a Cowboy's Cadillac...

Ford should invest in the LT by offering a mid-gate panel similar to the Escalade EXT.

I'm sure all the structural necessities are in place. The T1 structure should be able to handle it. And, have the technology flow to the F150.

1) I'm pretty sure the boys at GM slapped a patent on that thing.

2) Because the LT and F150 have separate box and cab, any gate between the two would be a two-piece affair that would seriously compromise the rigidity of both box and cab. The reason why Cadillac and Chevy have thos butt-ugly basket handles, is because they brace the bed of the truck.

Any 'midgate' equipped Ford/Lincoln would, of necessity, be as ugly as the Subaru Baja, Honda Ridgeline, or Chevy Avalanche/Cadillac Escalade EXT.

1) I'm pretty sure the boys at GM slapped a patent on that thing.

2) Because the LT and F150 have separate box and cab, any gate between the two would be a two-piece affair that would seriously compromise the rigidity of both box and cab. The reason why Cadillac and Chevy have thos butt-ugly basket handles, is because they brace the bed of the truck.

Any 'midgate' equipped Ford/Lincoln would, of necessity, be as ugly as the Subaru Baja, Honda Ridgeline, or Chevy Avalanche/Cadillac Escalade EXT.

There was this:

dexcursion2.jpg

And this:

post-4694-1159671125_thumb.jpg

linc_cont3.jpg

I think the Continental concept is wonderfully designed. That interior has all the right colors, texture shapes and accents and it is suprisingly clean, simple and elegant in a very modern way. Also the more I see the exterior, the more I like. As Ford should have built the 427 Concept, they should have built the Continental too sharing the same platform and some basic body componants... That would make people forget about Chrysler 300 bling for something more classic and legendary in heritage.