Jump to content

None






trich

F250 order

Recommended Posts

I dont meet the requirements to post on order tracking forum so not sure where to list. My truck was supposed to be delivered to my dealer on labor day but hurricane Laura decided to wipe out the dealer. So now I have no one to call and no way to find truck. Not sure if truck was attacked by Laura where ever it is sitting. Been waiting seems like forever and now this happens.  Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can track your trucks build through this site but you need to know your VIN number

https://www.alumizilla.com/vot.php

 

I would call FORD customer service here is the page with contact info

https://www.ford.com/help/contact/?gnav=footer-owner

 

You can also follow the Rail train car but you need to know the Number of that and I think the only way to get that is through the Dealer.

There are two major rail companies.

CSX is everything east of the mississippi
UP is everything west of the mississippi

But they all start out on CSX so once they have it in their system they will follow it all the way.

So, how do you track your truck on a railcar?

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we may lose the access and ability to track.
CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example CN123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

These automated systems can be frustrating. Keep in mind they are intended for use by folks that use them daily all day long. Like I said if you are being transferred to a live person please hang up and try again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The are other rail carriers depending on the plant location the vehicle is being shipped from and the final rail ramp destination where the vehicle is transferred to one of the car carrier firms that haul the vehicles for delivery to the dealership. The primary rail carriers for Ford are those listed below. 

  • CSX Transportation
  • Norfolk Southern
  • Canadian National Railways
  • Union Pacific

In addition, depending on the routing, there are times when a rail car gets transferred from one rail carrier to another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any way to get updates besides those resources? I placed an order on 11/23, it got picked up the next day, like a week later I get the VIN. Then I figured out a couple weeks afterwards that the dealer didn't add the power adjustable pedal option (XLT value). I told them and they kept trying to tell me that it was included in my trim or packages, I pointed out the only way to get that option this year on a XLT  is order code 62W.  After some back and forth they say they are placing a whole new order, this was on like 12/30 or something. I question them and ask why they can't just make a change to the order. A few days later I find one the AEM services website that my original order did get the pedals added. 

As of now alumazilla still says order in processing for the first order, but my salesman told me the second order has a production day of 1/18 ( he hasn't given me the VIN yet). I don't see how that's possible if it was placed two weeks earlier. Do you think it's really my original order that has a production date scheduled, but it's just not reflecting on ford or alumazilla? Also, why would they just order a second truck instead of changing the original order?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OffRoadRN said:

Is there any way to get updates besides those resources? I placed an order on 11/23, it got picked up the next day, like a week later I get the VIN. Then I figured out a couple weeks afterwards that the dealer didn't add the power adjustable pedal option (XLT value). I told them and they kept trying to tell me that it was included in my trim or packages, I pointed out the only way to get that option this year on a XLT  is order code 62W.  After some back and forth they say they are placing a whole new order, this was on like 12/30 or something. I question them and ask why they can't just make a change to the order. A few days later I find one the AEM services website that my original order did get the pedals added. 

As of now alumazilla still says order in processing for the first order, but my salesman told me the second order has a production day of 1/18 ( he hasn't given me the VIN yet). I don't see how that's possible if it was placed two weeks earlier. Do you think it's really my original order that has a production date scheduled, but it's just not reflecting on ford or alumazilla? Also, why would they just order a second truck instead of changing the original order?

 

The order code for the Power Adjustable Pedals on a 2021 Super Duty is 62M. Scheduled orders can be changed up until the order is "locked in" for production which is several weeks before the scheduled production date but you should have reviewed your vehicle specifications prior to the original order being placed. Waiting weeks to make changes or corrections just makes the process more complicated causing possible delays to the scheduled production date depending on what changes are made. A smooth order and scheduling process requires timely communication with the right dealership personnel. Unfortunately, not all Dealers are knowledgeable or efficient about managing their order banks. You also need to make sure that you talk to the right person and not just your sales representative.  

 

I'm not going to repeat the extensive information on the ordering and scheduling process that's available in the related message threads here at BOF. It's a little late to be asking about the process for an order(s) that are either built or about to be built but hope that this information will help. 

 

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system that provides information on all order, scheduling, production and transportation updates.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

 

The order code for the Power Adjustable Pedals on a 2021 Super Duty is 62M. Scheduled orders can be changed up until the order is "locked in" for production which is several weeks before the scheduled production date but you should have reviewed your vehicle specifications prior to the original order being placed. Waiting weeks to make changes or corrections just makes the process more complicated causing possible delays to the scheduled production date depending on what changes are made. A smooth order and scheduling process requires timely communication with the right dealership personnel. Unfortunately, not all Dealers are knowledgeable or efficient about managing their order banks. You also need to make sure that you talk to the right person and not just your sales representative.  

 

I'm not going to repeat the extensive information on the ordering and scheduling process that's available in the related message threads here at BOF. It's a little late to be asking about the process for an order(s) that are either built or about to be built but hope that this information will help. 

 

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system that provides information on all order, scheduling, production and transportation updates.  


Oh you're right it was 62M, my mistake. I did review the order before the order was placed, and the dealer still managed to add 62S instead of 62M to the build. As it stands now, my original order shows all of the options correctly on the AEM services page. I did start working on getting it fixed almost a month ago, which was just a week or two after I got the VIN. 

When I input my VIN into the Ford tracking page which also displays the dealerships info, it has ron@dealershipsname.com. Would Ron most likely be the person placing orders? How do I get past my salesman to the person actually doing the ordering to figure out what is going on? If they were successfully able to correctly amend my original order, one, why would they not tell me they did this (I only know because of the AEM services website) and two, why would they still place a second order? 

Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, OffRoadRN said:


Oh you're right it was 62M, my mistake. I did review the order before the order was placed, and the dealer still managed to add 62S instead of 62M to the build. As it stands now, my original order shows all of the options correctly on the AEM services page. I did start working on getting it fixed almost a month ago, which was just a week or two after I got the VIN. 

When I input my VIN into the Ford tracking page which also displays the dealerships info, it has ron@dealershipsname.com. Would Ron most likely be the person placing orders? How do I get past my salesman to the person actually doing the ordering to figure out what is going on? If they were successfully able to correctly amend my original order, one, why would they not tell me they did this (I only know because of the AEM services website) and two, why would they still place a second order? 

Thanks! 

 

Thanks for the feedback. What is AEM Services? Ron could be anyone at the dealership including a sales representative. Not knowing how this order was placed or who you've actually been dealing with makes it more difficult. If this was a retail order, your best solution is to actually call the dealership and talk to either the sales manager directly or the person responsible for submitting orders and managing their order bank. If this was a fleet order, or an order actually placed by a 3rd party, it could be more difficult depending on the size of the dealership and other factors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 2:11 AM, ice-capades said:

 

Thanks for the feedback. What is AEM Services? Ron could be anyone at the dealership including a sales representative. Not knowing how this order was placed or who you've actually been dealing with makes it more difficult. If this was a retail order, your best solution is to actually call the dealership and talk to either the sales manager directly or the person responsible for submitting orders and managing their order bank. If this was a fleet order, or an order actually placed by a 3rd party, it could be more difficult depending on the size of the dealership and other factors. 

 

Thanks for the advice. My truck went to in production two days ago and I have the window sticker now! Dealer said slated for production on 1/18.

 

The AEM services website I was talking about is:  https://shop.ford.com/aemservices/shop/vot/api/customerorder/?vin=

 

 

I found it on an order tracking thread from ford-trucks.com. if you put a VIN at the end it shows which options were ordered. It's best viewed on the Firefox browser. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×