Gen 3 Raptor

33 minutes ago, tbone said:

My bad, I don’t know how I missed that.  Thanks for the heads up. 

The order guides are always found under the “Dealer Order Guides” tab at the top of the page.  They may or may not be linked in the vehicle scheduling topics.

4 minutes ago, akirby said:

The order guides are always found under the “Dealer Order Guides” tab at the top of the page.  They may or may not be linked in the vehicle scheduling topics.

Yeah, nobody really talked about it so I didn’t think to verify it was there before I asked.  

• 1 month later...

What’s everyone’s consensus on the power numbers for the 2021 Raptor?  There have been a number of stories such as the linked article regarding the numbers for the 3.5 being unchanged.  If it is true, I’m sure the base model TRX will exceed these power numbers if/when it is released.  If true, I find that very disappointing as I was planning to buy the new model to bridge the gap to see how the R model priced out, but now it gives me pause as the performance may be similar to what I have.  At that rate, I would have rather they put the Powerboost in there, at least that would have been an interesting configuration. I hope this is Ford of pleasantly surprising us with a nice power bump and not Ford phoning it in on the engine.  Time will tell of course.  

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/2021-ford-f-150-raptor-ecoboost-v6-horsepower-and-torque-specs-leaked/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tbone said:

What’s everyone’s consensus on the power numbers for the 2021 Raptor?  There have been a number of stories such as the linked article regarding the numbers for the 3.5 being unchanged.  If it is true, I’m sure the base model TRX will exceed these power numbers if/when it is released.  If true, I find that very disappointing as I was planning to buy the new model to bridge the gap to see how the R model priced out, but now it gives me pause as the performance may be similar to what I have.  At that rate, I would have rather they put the Powerboost in there, at least that would have been an interesting configuration. I hope this is Ford of pleasantly surprising us with a nice power bump and not Ford phoning it in on the engine.  Time will tell of course.  

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/2021-ford-f-150-raptor-ecoboost-v6-horsepower-and-torque-specs-leaked/

My guess is it will get a modest boost in hp and torque similar to the regular 3.5EB in the f150 and the high output version in the GT.  Expect 475hp and 550 lb-ft torque.  Enough to keep it even with or slightly ahead of a 392 hemi.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, slemke said:

My guess is it will get a modest boost in hp and torque similar to the regular 3.5EB in the f150 and the high output version in the GT.  Expect 475hp and 550 lb-ft torque.  Enough to keep it even with or slightly ahead of a 392 hemi.

I was hoping for 500hp and 575lb-ft.  We know what the engine is capable of.  Ultimately, it would just be disappointing if they did nothing with it.  

52 minutes ago, tbone said:

I was hoping for 500hp and 575lb-ft.  We know what the engine is capable of.  Ultimately, it would just be disappointing if they did nothing with it.  

Honestly, is there really any practical difference between 510 and 550 lb/ft other than bench racing?

8 hours ago, akirby said:

Honestly, is there really any practical difference between 510 and 550 lb/ft other than bench racing?

8%...as long as it isn’t traction limited there will be a difference.  But, yeah, 510 is more than enough for most.  This isn’t 1981 where every lb-ft and hp made a difference because they were so scarce.

• Like 1

Well, I have to say I’m a bit disappointed. Higher power numbers may not have had a major impact on performance, but it would have been nice to have along with the large jump in price.  It reduced my incentive to upgrade, and I’ll perhaps wait it out for the R model now.  They could have easily sold me two Raptors within two to three years (One now, and one later) if they put more work into the 2021. Now it just feels like a push. 

“Ford has confirmed the 2021 Ford F-150 Raptor's power and torque figures, and they're the same as the previous generation.”

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/amp36677137/2021-ford-f-150-raptor-power-torque-specs-revealed/

12 hours ago, tbone said:

Well, I have to say I’m a bit disappointed. Higher power numbers may not have had a major impact on performance, but it would have been nice to have along with the large jump in price.  It reduced my incentive to upgrade, and I’ll perhaps wait it out for the R model now.  They could have easily sold me two Raptors within two to three years (One now, and one later) if they put more work into the 2021. Now it just feels like a push. 

“Ford has confirmed the 2021 Ford F-150 Raptor's power and torque figures, and they're the same as the previous generation.”

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/amp36677137/2021-ford-f-150-raptor-power-torque-specs-revealed/

Surprised by this. Peak HP/RPM and Torque/RPM have changed so they did remap. Wondering if this will mean slightly better performance? 

31 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Surprised by this. Peak HP/RPM and Torque/RPM have changed so they did remap. Wondering if this will mean slightly better performance? 

Me too. I imagine it would be slightly better performance, but I can’t imagine it would be a whole lot different than what I have.    For how easy it is to extract power out of the 3.5, I feel the numbers should have gone up, or at least make a factory tune available like they said they were going to do years ago. 

Decisions, decisions.   

• Like 1