Ford racing

GSW227

1 hour ago, GSW227 said:

Watching 2021 Rolex24. Very disappointed there are no Ford entries ..

Would have been fun to watch a Ford vs Chevy battle of the mid-engines, TT V-6 vs NA V-8.

HRG

ps: Close to 40 years ago, I went down there for the 24, sleeping in the back of my Ranger XLS in the infield.

Edited by HotRunrGuy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Stray Kat said:

“Balance of Power” has been killer on Ford’s. The Ford GT recently in the GTLM class was severely neutered to help the lesser cars stay competitive. 

That was a main reason Ford left.   You work like crazy to get a small advantage and they take it away.   They should set the BOP and leave it for the entire season.  

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 3/31/2021 at 11:01 AM, akirby said:

That was a main reason Ford left.   You work like crazy to get a small advantage and they take it away.   They should set the BOP and leave it for the entire season.  

I agree 100% too. It was great seeing the GT-350 with the FPC winning races; especially when it could rev to redline and leave the competition behind; and the Ford GT win at Lemans, etc.  But the BOP ruins the manufacturers/teams efforts--it should be for the season.

• 2 months later...

I think BOP changes are based almost entirely on lack of direct factory support and politics. As Ford stopped spending money and supporting teams, the BOP got worse and worse. When Ford stopped backing the GT-4 teams, nobody wanted to run them for both money and BOP reasons. The fact that a Mustang took pole in Atlanta (only to sit out the race) is almost a miracle. I really hope they develop a car and run in GT-3 as well as refine and back the GT-4, but I haven't seen or heard anything but that Racer magazine article a month or so ago.

Ford hasn't exerted any real time and money into racing outside of NASCAR, even the GTLM program wasn't done as well as GM. They totally abandoned drag racing. Yeah, they badged Force's and a few other cars, but gave up Pro Stock even with guys that were spending tons of their own time and money and just needed raw parts and a little wind tunnel time. They freaking spent time and money to develop a new engine, then wouldn't give the parts to teams trying to run them. Now we have Pro Stock Mustangs with GM engines %^&**)#@!!!

I understand the BOP frustrations with the GT. They go out of their way to use a V6 to narrow the care and decrease drag only to have their engines choked with boost limits and their minimum weight increased so they were carrying 20kg more than anyone else, increasing tire wear. Their innovation and performance achievements were stricken down with the flick of a pen. BUT, it didn't help things that they told EVERYONE they were only playing for four years, then leaving once they won LM. What is the FIA going to do, help them come and poach their series only to hit and run, rather than support the series like the rest of the field? Ford brought this upon themselves by not supporting racing, all the time, as opposed to when it suits their suits.

Edited by traxiii