Sign in to follow this  
GSW227

Ford racing

Watching 2021 Rolex24. Very disappointed there are no Ford entries ..

They were rumored to be working on a prototype program, possibly with Chip Ganassi involvement again but I don't know anything about when it's supposed to happen or if it's even still a thing at all. 

1 hour ago, GSW227 said:

Watching 2021 Rolex24. Very disappointed there are no Ford entries ..

Would have been fun to watch a Ford vs Chevy battle of the mid-engines, TT V-6 vs NA V-8.

HRG

ps: Close to 40 years ago, I went down there for the 24, sleeping in the back of my Ranger XLS in the infield.

Edited by HotRunrGuy

I think we will see a GT3 Mustang on the grid next year at Daytona!  And yes, it stinks watching the race with nothing FMC powered!  Chip jumped in with Cadillac this year, but could be back with FMC in 2023 if Ford does indeed campaign a LMDh!

There were two Mustang GT4's (?) in the preliminary Challenge whatever race. One managed a 10th place finish while the other DNF'd, I think.

On 2/7/2021 at 9:41 PM, blksn8k2 said:

There were two Mustang GT4's (?) in the preliminary Challenge whatever race. One managed a 10th place finish while the other DNF'd, I think.

The Gt350Rs dominated PWC a few years back. 

“Balance of Power” has been killer on Ford’s. The Ford GT recently in the GTLM class was severely neutered to help the lesser cars stay competitive. 

14 minutes ago, Stray Kat said:

“Balance of Power” has been killer on Ford’s. The Ford GT recently in the GTLM class was severely neutered to help the lesser cars stay competitive. 

That was a main reason Ford left.   You work like crazy to get a small advantage and they take it away.   They should set the BOP and leave it for the entire season.  

9 hours ago, akirby said:

That was a main reason Ford left.   You work like crazy to get a small advantage and they take it away.   They should set the BOP and leave it for the entire season.  

I agree 100%.