SYNC 4/4A NAVIGATION - Vehicle Line Offering

I have a Garmin Zumo XT GPS. I have a powered mount I put in my 2021 Ranger STX and one for my motorcycle. Keeps all my destination and trip data so I can move it between the two. Free lifetime map & software updates and the ability to up- or download multi stop trips between the GPS and my other devices.  Free traffic & weather incl time lapse radar overlay. I couldn't get the Ford GPS in a STX, and wouldn't have. the Garmin was $599 vs $750-ish plus going up a trim level and package or two. 

2 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

A lot of areas we camp has no cell service, so the built-in nav comes in handy in those cases.  Not sure what I'll do with my '22 Super Duty (if it ever shows up) in those cases.

I think you can download and use Google maps and/or Waze without internet access.

6 hours ago, akirby said:

I think you can download and use Google maps and/or Waze without internet access.

I think you have to start in service, though, but it'll continue your route if you go out of service.  I could be wrong about the first part, but I know the latter part works.

16 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I think you have to start in service, though, but it'll continue your route if you go out of service.  I could be wrong about the first part, but I know the latter part works.

You just have to download the map for the area you plan to be in.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/how-to-use-google-maps-offline-on-ios-android/

16 minutes ago, akirby said:

You just have to download the map for the area you plan to be in.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/how-to-use-google-maps-offline-on-ios-android/

Oh, didn't know you could download a map.  That would've been nice to know when I was in Canada with limited service haha.

But in the video there, she said you can't use directions with that feature, it's more just a paper map.....but given that's from 2015, that could have changed by now.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1