2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Range Estimates May Be Underrated

10 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

Wait, Ford underrating economy or power upon debut only to raise them closer to production?!?!

That never happens!!!

Shocked!

?

EPA test is done with 1,000 lb load in the back, would that cost about 10% of max range?

I was just discussing this with Adam privately. Yes, the figures released were... ahem... conservative. 

Also expect a progression as trucks hit the street: Announcement range to real world range to OTA updated range. The hardware already there can support a lot more than what they're letting out now. I think some will have to be tweaked as they study real world usage and system demand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I was just discussing this with Adam privately. Yes, the figures released were... ahem... conservative. 

Also expect a progression as trucks hit the street: Announcement range to real world range to OTA updated range. The hardware already there can support a lot more than what they're letting out now. I think some will have to be tweaked as they study real world usage and system demand. 

Also not a bad idea to sandbag numbers at announcement to let the competition (mainly GM) rest on their laurels and think "we got this" only to announce a bigger number at production/launch.

It's also something we've seen Ford do often - announce "targeted" numbers, and then real numbers end up being higher.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, akirby said:

It’s pretty much SOP the last few product cycles.  Masterful.

Yes, Ford learning the winning strategy of exceeding expectation while keeping competitors guessing...

I like this newer side of Ford, delivering products that are desirable with many forward orders.....

• Like 1