2022 Price Increase Question

heavyd

It appears as though there was a huge price increase in the F150 from 2020 to 2021 if you get the 12.0” screen. For some trims it is a $12,000 package vs a $4,000 package for the 8.4” screen.

What I’m concerned about is the Xplan price of what I want to build is $82,000 for MY2021. Will it be $88,000 or $90,000+ for MY2022?

5 minutes ago, heavyd said:

It appears as though there was a huge price increase in the F150 from 2020 to 2021 if you get the 12.0” screen. For some trims it is a $12,000 package vs a $4,000 package for the 8.4” screen.

What I’m concerned about is the Xplan price of what I want to build is $82,000 for MY2021. Will it be $88,000 or $90,000+ for MY2022?

My KR build was only around $1200 more MSRP, so less with my Z-plan. 

18 minutes ago, heavyd said:

Prices have already gone up multiple times for the 2021 Model Year. What 2022MY prices are going to be is anyone's guess. Pricing announcements are made only days before they are effective. 

I originally place an order for a 2022 SD on 5/24. At that time, the base MSRP was $46630 and the base Invoice was $44298. On 6/21 I added an option to my truck since it still wasn't scheduled and I noticed that my base MSRP jumped up to $46880 and the base invoice price was now $44536. In my original deal I was quoted invoice price +$500 would be the final sale price, so when I noticed the invoice price bump and asked my dealer he told me that Ford must have raised the prices between the time of my original order and the time that I added that option. I told him that I thought I locked in the original price when we placed the order and he simply told me that Ford raises the numbers and he can't change those... so I am now stuck with an extra $238 in my final price... I don't know how I could get that price back to the original price, but I know I won't be making any more changes to the build. And come to think of it, I guess I need to go and get it in writing that there will not be any further price increases... I assumed that by signing the original build sheet and placing the order with a deposit that would have done so, but I guess I'm wrong.

@chadstickpoindexterI had the same thing happen. I asked about price locks in another thread about mid year price increases and got this reply from Ice-capades:

Any changes made will generate the new prices but a retail order is still price protected to the prices in effect the date that the retail order was originally placed. Changes to the order won't affect the price protection. When your Dealer reports the sale to Ford after you take delivery, they submit a claim to Ford for the price protection adjustment.

I contacted my dealer and he concurred with what Ice-capades said. Hopefully your dealer will do that for you.

12 minutes ago, 1TonOFun said:

@chadstickpoindexterI had the same thing happen. I asked about price locks in another thread about mid year price increases and got this reply from Ice-capades:

Any changes made will generate the new prices but a retail order is still price protected to the prices in effect the date that the retail order was originally placed. Changes to the order won't affect the price protection. When your Dealer reports the sale to Ford after you take delivery, they submit a claim to Ford for the price protection adjustment.

I contacted my dealer and he concurred with what Ice-capades said. Hopefully your dealer will do that for you.

I think it was you telling me about this in another thread. Do you a have a link to any actual documentation that will back this up though... I don't think my dealer is trying to run me around, but I haven't been pushy either... If I had some sort of documentation though that I could bring with me that may help though... And I know it's only $238, but still... lol!

No documentation, just what Ice-capades posted in the thread “Mid-Year Pricing Actions”. My dealer told me this process is usually automatic based on the original purchase order but he would submit any paperwork needed if it didn’t happen automatically. I didn’t pursue it any further with him as this is my third ordered vehicle with him and he has done everything he has ever said he would.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 1TonOFun said:

No documentation, just what Ice-capades posted in the thread “Mid-Year Pricing Actions”. My dealer told me this process is usually automatic based on the original purchase order but he would submit any paperwork needed if it didn’t happen automatically. I didn’t pursue it any further with him as this is my third ordered vehicle with him and he has done everything he has ever said he would.

Thanks. This is my first time ordering a new vehicle, and the previous new vehicles we bought were just off the lot at another dealer. So this is the first time actually going through the order process, and at this dealership. (And a mighty fine time to do so I'd say... lol!) To be fair, the dealer I have been dealing with has been very nice, and I don't get that feeling that he is trying to run me around, or hang me out to dry. Heck, he even tried to talk me into waiting to order until things got a little more normal again. He has been very pleasant to speak with on ALL the occasions I have called (including to his home on his day off) and visited the shop, and he has answered all my questions (about all these new rules with the license and the CVOP stuff) rather assuredly, but, at the same time, I'm sure he is just doing his job, and that's to make sales and bring home a pay check. Also, FWIW, he quoted me a sales price of invoice +$500, which when looking around at what others were saying some dealers are asking, I felt was fair, so I went for it. Considering all of this, I have been hesitant to push back over $238, but then again, it is $238 and what if it were to happen again? At this point, unless I can get something documented in writing, I don't think I am going to push this again until the truck is actually here and I go in to sign the papers, at which time I will ask again about why the price increased from the original order date. Then again, part of me wants to go back in and get a whole other receipt with the new sales price (from adding the option) with sales tax figured in and get that signed now... just to have it... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

Also, FWIW, he quoted me a sales price of invoice +$500, which when looking around at what others were saying some dealers are asking, I felt was fair, so I went for it.

When did he quote you this price? Recently, or a while ago?

31 minutes ago, ThatTruckGuy said:

When did he quote you this price? Recently, or a while ago?

On 5/24 when I placed the order.  Like I said, I have seen some say they got below invoice (some with the “plans” and some without) but I see lots talking about how some dealers won’t budge from MSRP, and even well above MSRP. 

Yeah, and of course any rebates that may come up. At the time of order I did qualify for the Farm Bureau $500 rebate but now that I have a $1500 PCO I can’t use them both. Like I said though, I thought that was a good deal, so I went with it. However, now the base invoice price went up $238 when I added an option and I don’t know if I should try to push it to take it off, or just go with it. 

8 hours ago, heavyd said:

I ordered a 22 SD in April and I am getting ready to order a second one. The base price has gone up $250 between now and then, but all the option prices have stayed the same. The X Plan price on a 21 build on line for the truck I am ordering is currently $73,126 and the same build in a 22 quoted from the dealership is $74,230. So just over a $1,000 more than a model year 21.

Edited by Robin Hood

11 hours ago, ThatTruckGuy said:

My dealer said they can't really tell what the incentives will be until it comes in.  Yours just gave you invoice + $500 off the bat?

Thats true but he can lock i. The current incentives at order time and you can pick whichever is best when it arrives.