Official: Ford announces sweeping solutions to 2021 Bronco hardtop issues

14 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

12 inches of rain in SE MI would be catastrophic. They can't handle 3 inches in short period of time. Maybe that is why everyone wants Bronco/Wrangler with huge tires to get through the floods. You need a good weather proof top though. 

I spent 3 nights in Sterling Heights this week, Michigan as a whole had a helleva weather week, with thousands still without power.

HRG

20 hours ago, Deanh said:

maybe Ford should contact Navistar......what?...too soon?....lol

I still remember the Super Duties with Navistar diesels slowing down on the road for no reason and belching smoke as the engine just started bucking with its screwed up engine management system. What a nightmare that was for Ford. 

Just a week or so ago, there was a rumor floating that Webasto was building a new plant to support demand for tops.  That rumor was shut down by a person with credible sources.  It appears the rumor was true after all:

"To meet the high demand and increase roof production capacity, we will build another new production location in southeastern Michigan," said Susanne Killian, head of global internal and external communications for Webasto.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2021/08/13/ford-hard-tops-2021-broncos-webasto-michigan/8119709002/

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 8:00 AM, silvrsvt said:

I was under the impression that soft tops where considered consumable items?

After what my son went through with his soft-top Jeep, I will wait for the Bronco hardtop.  Hopefully my BS will arrive soon and I will drive that until the kinks are worked out with the Broncos.

30 minutes ago, Lori.RI said:

After what my son went through with his soft-top Jeep, I will wait for the Bronco hardtop.  Hopefully my BS will arrive soon and I will drive that until the kinks are worked out with the Broncos.

I appreciate new members being active but how many posts in different threads/forums do you have to make with your comments about being anxious to take delivery of a Bronco Sport?

Edited by ice-capades

13 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I appreciate new members being active but how many posts in different threads/forums do you have to make with your comments about being anxious to take delivery of a Bronco Sport?

It was a comment about problems with my son's soft-top Jeep. That's why I won't buy a soft-top.

17 minutes ago, Lori.RI said:

It was a comment about problems with my son's soft-top Jeep. That's why I won't buy a soft-top.

Now that you've gotten your 15 posts and requested a status update via the "Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees" you've proved my point about posting so many similar items with basically the same content. Thanks. 

• Like 1