Cool useful aftermarket accessories for your SD's?

Post up some of your aftermarket accessories that you are really glad you bought and have come in very useful.

One thing I have had on my last two trucks and absolutely love that I will try to find for my new F350 is a visor Shelf.

In trucks we all love Cubbies the more pockets and Cubbies the better. More places to store crap!?

So... what have you found that you are glad you got?

vdp_overhead_storage_shelf.jpg

• Like 1

I had to go work in Toronto for about a month maybe 8 years ago. I noticed every one of the guys up there had those bed covers up there (some customized for welding machine fits). Thought to myself "what a pain in the are flipping the coves up, digging stuff out, no room...not for  me gang box and welding machine and 2 small gang boxes for me"

Well......

Then we got 2 ft of snow...I dug out what I could from around the welding machine then more snow came, and then more.... very quickly realized how valuable the bed covers were...?

Digging snow out of truckbed at 6 am every morning really sucks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Post up some of your aftermarket accessories that you are really glad you bought and have come in very useful.

One thing I have had on my last two trucks and absolutely love that I will try to find for my new F350 is a visor Shelf.

In trucks we all love Cubbies the more pockets and Cubbies the better. More places to store crap!?

So... what have you found that you are glad you got?

vdp_overhead_storage_shelf.jpg

While an overhead shelf may be handy, anyone who had a Wink mirror in the 80s might imagine what it's like to hit your head on it in a collision. I don't think I'd like it blocking my forward/upward view, but it's probably ok for shorter people. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

While an overhead shelf may be handy, anyone who had a Wink mirror in the 80s might imagine what it's like to hit your head on it in a collision. I don't think I'd like it blocking my forward/upward view, but it's probably ok for shorter people. 

I was thinking the same thing about visibility. Looks like an awesome idea but as a taller person i think the visibility restriction would bother me more.

Must have is a bed cover, I have the BakFlip MX4. I also like a rubber mat in the bed even with a spray in liner. On older vehicles I always did the window deflectors/rain guards. With the newer vehicles, with the window sensors you can't do the in-channel guards and I refuse to tape anything to the paint.

2 hours ago, Baisey85 said:

Must have is a bed cover, I have the BakFlip MX4. I also like a rubber mat in the bed even with a spray in liner. On older vehicles I always did the window deflectors/rain guards. With the newer vehicles, with the window sensors you can't do the in-channel guards and I refuse to tape anything to the paint.

I opted for the BedRug over the spray in bed liner. 

4 hours ago, Baisey85 said:

You can use in channel visors, the sensors do adapt to them.  My dad has them on his truck.  It did take a few times of holding the button up as the window hit them to continue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slowninja14 said:

You can use in channel visors, the sensors do adapt to them.  My dad has them on his truck.  It did take a few times of holding the button up as the window hit them to continue.

Hmmm. I never bothered after the dealer told me they wouldn’t work and if I tried to “force” the window up, the warranty would void. Which I think is a general response to any scenario where they are unsure of the answer. ??‍♂️

I too ordered a bedrug.  We'll see how it holds up to my abuse

I also got  a console refrigerator from Dometic.  I love how the fit and finish looks oem. I work outside a lot, away from home and hoping it helps me keep cold water and maybe bring my lunch instead of fast food everyday.  I don't mind losing the console space because its so big and I think with me, regardless of my good intentions for the console, that it would just become a catch-all, and wouldn't be used due to all the junk that would accumulate in it....and that probably wouldn't be cleaned out until 20 years later when I sell the truck.

dometic fridge.jpg

Edited by Kory04
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Kory04 said:

I too ordered a bedrug.  We'll see how it holds up to my abuse

I also got  a console refrigerator from Dometic.  I love how the fit and finish looks oem. I work outside a lot, away from home and hoping it helps me keep cold water and maybe bring my lunch instead of fast food everyday.  I don't mind losing the console space because its so big and I think with me, regardless of my good intentions for the console, that it would just become a catch-all, and wouldn't be used due to all the junk that would accumulate in it....and that probably wouldn't be cleaned out until 20 years later when I sell the truck.

I had a Bed Rug in my last truck but with a rubber mat on top of it. I know it sounds odd. I had a SnutTop topper on it, and it was so much nicer crawling in on my knees, and with the rubber mat, it was super durable. If my needs were the same for this next truck, I'd definitely do the same. 

I also ordered one of those Dometic console fridges a while back when they had a 20% off sale. I just need to get my damned '22 truck to install it in! I'm tired of having to wake up the kids in the back seat to have them pass me a drink when we're on road trips. Besides, there's not much space in the back for the three of them as it is, so they'll be relieved not to have to fit a cooler back there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

I had a Bed Rug in my last truck but with a rubber mat on top of it. I know it sounds odd. I had a SnutTop topper on it, and it was so much nicer crawling in on my knees, and with the rubber mat, it was super durable. If my needs were the same for this next truck, I'd definitely do the same. 

I also ordered one of those Dometic console fridges a while back when they had a 20% off sale. I just need to get my damned '22 truck to install it in! I'm tired of having to wake up the kids in the back seat to have them pass me a drink when we're on road trips. Besides, there's not much space in the back for the three of them as it is, so they'll be relieved not to have to fit a cooler back there. 

I didn’t think about using a bed mat on top of the bedrug. It sounds like the bedrug can stand up to a lot of abuse, but I’m wondering how easy it will be for items to slide around on it. If it allows items to easily slide one of those thin rubber bed mats would probably be a good idea. 

1 hour ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

I didn’t think about using a bed mat on top of the bedrug. It sounds like the bedrug can stand up to a lot of abuse, but I’m wondering how easy it will be for items to slide around on it. If it allows items to easily slide one of those thin rubber bed mats would probably be a good idea. 

There's a fine line between things sliding around too much or not enough. I've had bed liners where things slide around too much, and subsequently, things like tool boxes slam the front of the bed when braking, then slam the tailgate upon acceleration. On the flip side - and I say that jokingly - I've had bed liners (Rhino Lining) that offered great traction, so things just tipped over and/or rolled. That sucked. My current rubber mat - sorry, I don't know the brand - offers good traction, but allows things to slide just the right amount so they don't tip over. Sure, people will say that you need to tie everything down...blah, blah, blah.... the reality is that I often just put stuff in the back. 

During the 5 months of waiting for delivery boxes start piling up in the garage:

Husky Bed mat (better on old knees that a spray liner)

Husky floor mats

Husky rear wheel well liners

Husky tailgate mat, installed will 3M auto moulding tape (I'm not drilling into a new tailgate!)

Husky mud flaps

2021 Takeoff Ford running boards ($300 for the pair, just 10 minutes to install).

Most of the Husky items were "open box" from Amazon.  Discounted 15% - 75%.

Almost forgot the Bakflip 4...

Edited by Rivercityjeff
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mikejones202 said:

I was looking at this one as well...just didn't like how it completely covers up the rear window when its up....

This is the one thing holding me back from ordering one as well. I use to have a bak roll x but it took a bit more room than I would like away from the bed when it was rolled up. 

22 minutes ago, mikejones202 said:

I was looking at this one as well...just didn't like how it completely covers up the rear window when its up....

I understand. But, whether roll up or fold up, it’s gotta go somewhere. I would rather it not roll up inside the bed like some of them, and the others will roll up on top, which also covers at least some of the window… but most likely not all. However, I don’t see myself riding around often with it all the way opened. Besides, I also have the Bakbox that will be installed so I wouldn’t need it all the way open anyway. I know though this is my preference… another one is that the hard top roll up tonneaus are typically more expensive… and these hard folding ones are already expensive!

3 hours ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

I understand. But, whether roll up or fold up, it’s gotta go somewhere. I would rather it not roll up inside the bed like some of them, and the others will roll up on top, which also covers at least some of the window… but most likely not all. However, I don’t see myself riding around often with it all the way opened. Besides, I also have the Bakbox that will be installed so I wouldn’t need it all the way open anyway. I know though this is my preference… another one is that the hard top roll up tonneaus are typically more expensive… and these hard folding ones are already expensive!

Oh these covers are expensive as crap! I ride dirtbikes every weekend so my bed cover would be up fairly often....i think i am leaning more towards a roll up, but i truly appreciate the input!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mikejones202 said:

Oh these covers are expensive as crap! I ride dirtbikes every weekend so my bed cover would be up fairly often....i think i am leaning more towards a roll up, but i truly appreciate the input!

For that exact reason I usually end up with a Truckssport Truxedo $300 roll up!  5 year warranty included.

• Like 1