So what happens if you order the Limited trim level?

Good2eat

New to this forum, really appreciate Ford team member input and insight!

With some of the low supply the commodity items as “Standard” equipment in the Limited trim level, are they just not going to be selected for scheduling?

Anyone have recent experience and if so what was your order date and scheduling date?

Thanks!

Purely guessing here, but I’d be willing to bet Ford has some parts tucked away for the Limited models. Could also be completely wrong.  

But if you’re buying the flagship most expensive product they make, I’m guessing certain measures are being taken to accommodate those more efficiently. 

• Like 1

I guess we’ll see….

I had originally priced a Lariat Ultimate with a local dealer, was made aware of

pricing via Granger Ford and I can get the Limited for pretty much the same price as the optioned up Lariat I was already prepared to buy.

Since this will be our retirement truck, pulling a 16k 5er, I felt the investment in comfort was worth it.

Now the waiting game….time will tell if we get the ‘22 or get bumped to ‘23 and start

over!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Good2eat said:

With some of the low supply the commodity items as “Standard” equipment in the Limited trim level, are they just not going to be selected for scheduling?

Anyone have recent experience and if so what was your order date and scheduling date?

Thanks!

My guess is the adaptive steering is the major holdup with Limited trim since it's the one option you can't delete.  Since the volume for that option has dwindled to very low quantities that must be impacting suppliers as they probably lose discounts with low volumes.  Suppliers must be having a hard time delivering them for some reason otherwise it wouldn't create a 29-week delay.  Good luck but you can always change your order to a trim where Adaptive steering is optional and probably get it built in a few months.

Edited by 787Toolman
  • Like 2

i picked up my Limited earliert his week - Here are the order details

2022 Super Duty F-250 Limited Crew Cab 4X4:

• SRW

• 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel Engine

• Carbonized Gray Metallic

10/9/2021- Order Confirmed -email from Ford

10/28/2021- Scheduled for Production week of 11/29/2020 - email from Ford

11/16/2021 - Dealer tells me it's an 11/24/2021 build date 

11/25/2021 - Production date change to week of 11/22/2021 - email from Ford 

12/8/2021 - On Hold in Kentucky for microchips - email from dealer

12/18/2021 - Your vehicle has been built, delivery to dealer between 1/3/2022 and 1/9/2022 - email from Ford 

12/20/2021 - Your vehicle is on it's way and has shipped, delivery to dealer between 1/3/2022 and 1/9/2022

1/10/2022 - - I checked the trucking company and said it was delivered to the dealer.

1/11/2022 - email and calls from the dealer confirming arrival.

About 3 months order to delivery at the dealer - pretty good!

• Like 1

I have thought about the same thing. I'm not Ford but one would think that they factor in being able to produce Limited trim lines.   I even considered going with the Limited just to be sure but I decided against it because I believe it will mean I have to pay the new pricing. 

23 hours ago, TinManVT said:

• SRW

12/18/2021 - Your vehicle has been built, delivery to dealer between 1/3/2022 and 1/9/2022 - email from Ford 

12/20/2021 - Your vehicle is on it's way and has shipped, delivery to dealer between 1/3/2022 and 1/9/2022

1/10/2022 - - I checked the trucking company and said it was delivered to the dealer.

Thanks for this - that’s a much shorter time line than I was expecting!  Kind of exciting actually.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrickHouse said:

Ordered June 25th and still waiting. Just begging Ford to take $100k from me but no luck. 

If you do not have an order confirmation email from Ford then I suspect they have been jerking you around.   If you do have an order confirmation then your dealer should be able to get you more information and/or get the area Ford rep involved.   

There are good details here on the forum as to what options are holding up SD and 150 trucks.  I ordered a  2022150 Max tow platinum from Granger in October and then sold my 2019 in December thinking Id be getting It in a couple months.  However., as of 2 weeks ago no build date or information available.  Turns out in 2022 adaptive steering was and EXTRA option which I didn't know since I used the 2021 building configuration online.  Thus Id have to start over and get back in line and pay the new prices as well so I just cancelled my order and decided to go SD anyway ( A Shelby).  Point is Dealers like Granger have no idea about this stuff and Ford is mum if you call them directly (I did both) 

On 1/22/2022 at 6:40 PM, TinManVT said:

• SRW

TinMan that is great news.  Just got my order in under the retail cutoff wire.  Placed order and got confirmation yesterday 2022 F-350 Limited Iconic Silver.  Fingers crossed.

49 minutes ago, paulsatala65 said:

TinMan that is great news.  Just got my order in under the retail cutoff wire.  Placed order and got confirmation yesterday 2022 F-350 Limited Iconic Silver.  Fingers crossed.

There is no cutoff date for retail Super Duty orders! The only cutoff is for 2022 F-150 and Super Duty orders submitted via the old CONCEPS ordering system which has been replaced by the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. This is the notice posted earlier in the Scheduling Notes thread...

As previously announced, CONCEPS will stop accepting new stock & retail orders (non-fleet), including order amendments, on F-150 & Super Duty on 2/4/22.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 1:16 AM, Good2eat said:

Thanks!

Limiteds are getting built. My cousin ordered a 350 dually with bed liner and 5th wheel prep in early fall. Got his VIN today. 

On 2/1/2022 at 2:12 PM, paulsatala65 said:

Cool for you!

Love mine.

I went 250 with the high cap tow package and snow prep package after much deliberation and consternation on the 250/350 debate. I'm happy with what I got. 

Remain patient it will come, don't get all wigged out about the delivery it won't do any good anyways, relax and enjoy the forum. 

• 4 weeks later...

Was contacted by my dealer yesterday asking if I wanted to remove the 5th wheel prep.  My reply was since the Limited comes standard with Adaptive Steering, would it really make a difference in build time??

Anyone have any experience with a Limited and prep removal - was there “quick” move the production?

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2022 at 11:00 AM, Good2eat said:

Was contacted by my dealer yesterday asking if I wanted to remove the 5th wheel prep.  My reply was since the Limited comes standard with Adaptive Steering, would it really make a difference in build time??

Anyone have any experience with a Limited and prep removal - was there “quick” move the production?

I'm just guessing here but I would think the problem with AS is a parts/chip delay. If the parts are available, your truck can be built though it might be held up for chips.  The bedliner and GN prep are post production delays so hold up the truck after the build. I don't know if they could be installed while on chip delay.