2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, gjones1081 said:

thanks.  my build day was supposed to be the 28th.  It has shown in production on the tracker for about 8 days but i do not have a date under "in production" yet.

I’ve been in production since last Wednesday with no date under it. Window sticker available. Dealer said my 2/2 build date is still good. I’m sure it’s just the tracker. 

5 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

Tim,

I'm no Ford order expert but I'd assume if Ford has or does confirm your order as a 2022 and assigned a VIN, it will be a 2022 despite them accepting orders after 2023s are being booked. Stated a little differently, I'm sure there is a serial or VIN break in MY and if they assign a 2022 VIN, it will be a 2022 even if orders are being accepted for 2023s,.my 2 cents...

787Toolman

Thanks for the input toolman , I placed an order on 1/20/22 and was just wondering if it would be toward the end of my22 production

5 hours ago, Beefmaster said:

That's a good question. It has been asked before (multiple times) and the only answer is...... no one knows. The cut off for placing an order will happen a few months before mfg changes over to the next model year. If you go back a few months (of posts) and read all the posts, most all questions about orders have been asked and answered. I think someone said the info on the 2023MY will come out the middle of March. I think last year Ford stopped taking orders in Feb. But that does not mean they will do the same this year. 

I placed an order on 1/20 and was wondering if it would be at the tail end of 22my, thanks for the input

1 hour ago, Tim418 said:

Thanks for the input toolman , I placed an order on 1/20/22 and was just wondering if it would be toward the end of my22 production

Tim,

I could be wrong, but I think the way it works is if you place an order for a MY2022 truck and they accept it and assign a VIN for it as a 2022, even if it's the last one they assign before they start accepting 2023 orders, it will be a 2022.  So, it will be later in 2022 before they stop accepting 2022 orders.  I'm sure one of the experts will correct me if I'm out to lunch, just seems to make sense to me.  I kind of see it like a store that closes at 9pm, if you walk in at 8:59, they let you come in, but they usually don't make you leave at 9:00 if you're willing to buy something.  Let's say Ford will start taking orders for MY2023 at end of March, every single truck they build in the following months must be 2022 until the first MY2023 hits the production line.  I'm sure if the MY2023 changes are significant, they will shut the factory down and retool or change all the lines and bins to suit the new MY trucks.  My 2 cents...

787Toolman

On 1/9/2022 at 9:53 AM, akirby said:

That doesn’t mean they’re actually in stock and for sale.  Check the dealer website.

1 hour ago, Marshmallow said:

I’ve been in production since last Wednesday with no date under it. Window sticker available. Dealer said my 2/2 build date is still good. I’m sure it’s just the tracker. 

for some reason the date on the tracker doesnt appear until AFTER the task is complete. I dont know why.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MinerAddiction said:

Is it typical to receive a VIN but not get assigned a build week? My salesman called me with a VIN three weeks ago but said I do not have a build week. 

Miner,

What did you order?  Have you gotten other emails from Ford, if so, they have your email address?  My truck was ordered on 12/29 but I put in my original build on 12/7 and I have the long saga here on a thread...2022 F350 SRW King Ranch CCSB Anitmatter Blue/Stone Gray - F-Series SuperDuty Forum - Blue Oval Forums...if you want to read it.  My order was confirmed on 1/13 for a build week of 2/14 until it slid a week last week to 2/21.  My VIN ends in D68786 so if yours is before that and no hold ups, then it will be before mine, otherwise if your VIN is after mine and no holdups, it will be after my build week.  Just taking a shot in the dark here...Hope it helps.

787Toolman

29 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

Miner,

What did you order?  Have you gotten other emails from Ford, if so, they have your email address?  My truck was ordered on 12/29 but I put in my original build on 12/7 and I have the long saga here on a thread...2022 F350 SRW King Ranch CCSB Anitmatter Blue/Stone Gray - F-Series SuperDuty Forum - Blue Oval Forums...if you want to read it.  My order was confirmed on 1/13 for a build week of 2/14 until it slid a week last week to 2/21.  My VIN ends in D68786 so if yours is before that and no hold ups, then it will be before mine, otherwise if your VIN is after mine and no holdups, it will be after my build week.  Just taking a shot in the dark here...Hope it helps.

787Toolman

I ordered (10/18/21) a F350 lariat 6.7L antimatter with hold ups: 5th prep and BAP.  VIN D70062. I have not received a single email from ford but I checked with my dealer and ford marketing and they both have the correct email. *also checked my spam. 

Edited by MinerAddiction

17 minutes ago, MinerAddiction said:

I ordered (10/18/21) a F350 lariat antimatter with hold ups: 5th prep and BAP.  VIN D70062. I have not received a single email from ford but I checked with my dealer and ford marketing and they both have the correct email. *also checked my spam. 

Miner,

My dealer said 5th wheel prep, spray in liner and Adaptive steering would be a 29-week delay unless I dropped those, so I did and quickly got a build week.  I suspect the 5th wheel prep and BAP will hold you up significantly, better get on the phone with dealer, speak with general manager unless you're cool waiting for a while.

787Toolman

14 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

Miner,

My dealer said 5th wheel prep, spray in liner and Adaptive steering would be a 29-week delay unless I dropped those, so I did and quickly got a build week.  I suspect the 5th wheel prep and BAP will hold you up significantly, better get on the phone with dealer, speak with general manager unless you're cool waiting for a while.

787Toolman

So I did call the dealer and they said because I have a VIN and the order was submitted to the plant I can’t change it. However it’s been three weeks from the time it was submitted to the plant and not assigned a build week. 

13 minutes ago, MinerAddiction said:

So I did call the dealer and they said because I have a VIN and the order was submitted to the plant I can’t change it. However it’s been three weeks from the time it was submitted to the plant and not assigned a build week. 

good luck Miner, maybe they'll find a way to get it built, maybe they have a way to get parts, or they'll build the truck and let it sit with the parts they can install later like they did with chip shortage.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MinerAddiction said:

Your truck would not have been scheduled or given a VIN if they did not have the specific parts allocated to your truck to build it. Can you post your full VIN? I'm sure there's some information about your truck that you aren't being told. Your dealer is correct that your truck order cannot be changed once a VIN is given, though. 

Edited by Sceve
  • Like 1

Does anyone know how many Super Duty trucks are built per day, or week, or month or year at any specific plant like Louisville KY?  I think there is one other location they build Super Duty trucks, but I can't recall it, maybe Ohio?

I made an assumption on a different thread they built about 500k per year, F150s used to be over 1M per year but I'm sure it's all messed up these days with Lightening in the mix and the Covid.  I won't say what Trump called it, lol, don't want to piss anyone off.

787Toolman

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, MinerAddiction said:

That’s BS.  You don’t get a VIN until it’s scheduled.

34 minutes ago, akirby said:

About 8k/week IIRC.

do they build trucks 7 days a week and 24 hours per day or what are the shift schedules, in other words, I'm trying to figure out how many trucks come off the line in a steady flow of 8k per week?  If a steady flow 24/7, that's approximately 48 per hour or 0.8 trucks per minute.

On 1/29/2022 at 4:48 PM, 787Toolman said:

Billy,

Glad your truck came in, sorry you had this happen, I'd be very disappointed.  Sounds like body shop work of the outside painted fender is cracked, will need a new fender and paint work done, not a simple job.  If they wanted to give me twice what the body shop work costs, I might would take it but otherwise I'd tell them to fix and call me when ready.  Other terrible option is to order a new one but that's only if the deal crashes and burns.  I may be wrong, I'm no dually expert or body shop tech.  Did you take any pictures to post on this forum?

787Toolman

Her it is 

02E1D1C3-2C22-4286-88FC-CF7F0E7D4387.jpeg

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Billy805 said:

Her it is 

02E1D1C3-2C22-4286-88FC-CF7F0E7D4387.jpeg

Holy crap batman, that looks really bad to me, are you certain that's plastic?  I rotated the pic, so I didn't break my neck...I do not envy you or this situation, I hope you resolve it in a way that you can get going quickly.  Good luck...

787Toolman

image.png.db25c6126743ebdec76666356eeb1601.png