2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

13 minutes ago, Lee2021 said:

So Ford is scheduling ~8k trucks per week, with a large percentage (half?) being customer orders.  In this forum, we are talking to maybe a couple of hundred at a time, so we are just hearing about the experiences from just a very very small percentage of all customers.  We are probably the most demanding and frustrating customers that dealers work with.  I wonder if our experiences are similar to all the rest of the world, or if we are less pleased due to our demanding nature?  It would be fun to talk to a Ford business analytics person over a beer or three!

I couldn’t agree with you more! Just today I was telling my girlfriend that I need to really lower my expectations. Honestly, I can handle the wait but, the lack of communication from the dealership is what is infuriating me. I asked Cyberdman for my first status update after two months of waiting and he can’t even find my order!!! Do you think I got any answers  from the dealership?! (rhetorical)

Thanks for letting me vent

• Like 2

On 1/30/2022 at 12:48 PM, jhaber said:

for some reason the date on the tracker doesnt appear until AFTER the task is complete. I dont know why.

My dealer says 2/1 ... but sticker has been up for about a week and tracker still shows in production.

Hey everyone! Been monitoring this page for a couple of weeks now, not sure if this question has been asked yet as it is more hypothetical at the moment, however will likely become real very soon for some of us. I ordered a 22' 250 on 11-26-21. No spray in liner but I do have the fifth wheel prep. Have not heard a word since I ordered. (Not complaining as I knew I would be in for a wait.) X-Plan and put a deposit down so price guarantee thats all good. My hypothetical question is: If  my order were to be bumped to a 23MY would the price still be guaranteed? Assuming Ford is changing the 23MY doing a redesign or a refresh whatever it is. I would assume the price would likely increase from the 22'. I asked my dealer and I was basically told we will cross that bridge when the time comes. I am more just curious what others think or previous experiences like this?

Thanks!

Edited by Yukon77

10 hours ago, MinerAddiction said:

If you have a 5th wheel installed after the fact I think the only thing you will loose is some kind of “yaw sensor “. You still get the electrical connections for the bed.

I'm not 100% certain but I believe the Yaw Sensor is actually part of the Ultimate Backup Assist package, not the 5th wheel prep.

4 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

I'm not 100% certain but I believe the Yaw Sensor is actually part of the Ultimate Backup Assist package, not the 5th wheel prep.

The Yaw sensor should be on any vehicle with stability control or traction control. I would be surprised if any vehicle after at least 2010 did not have a yaw sensor. 

Screenshot_20220201-041024_Google.jpg

1 hour ago, danielj said:

The Yaw sensor should be on any vehicle with stability control or traction control. I would be surprised if any vehicle after at least 2010 did not have a yaw sensor. 

I believe the sensor that’s being referred to is the one that goes on the trailer to work with the backup assist feature.

8 hours ago, Yukon77 said:

Hey everyone! Been monitoring this page for a couple of weeks now, not sure if this question has been asked yet as it is more hypothetical at the moment, however will likely become real very soon for some of us. I ordered a 22' 250 on 11-26-21. No spray in liner but I do have the fifth wheel prep. Have not heard a word since I ordered. (Not complaining as I knew I would be in for a wait.) X-Plan and put a deposit down so price guarantee thats all good. My hypothetical question is: If  my order were to be bumped to a 23MY would the price still be guaranteed? Assuming Ford is changing the 23MY doing a redesign or a refresh whatever it is. I would assume the price would likely increase from the 22'. I asked my dealer and I was basically told we will cross that bridge when the time comes. I am more just curious what others think or previous experiences like this?

Retail orders that don't get scheduled do not just get "bumped" to the following Model Year. However, due to the large number of retail factory orders, commodity and supplier issues, interrupted plant schedules, etc. Ford has converted unscheduled retail orders for several vehicle lines to the following Model Year. This conversion is something new in the past year or so and only for a few, selected vehicle lines. Even so, the converted orders have been assigned a priority code "99" (Do Not Schedule) requiring the Dealer to review the order specifications and then assign a valid retail priority code.

Ford provides automatic price protection to the original order date but does not normally include price protection to the following Model Year. As above, they have made special pricing concessions and incentives available on unscheduled retail orders that won't be scheduled for the original Model Year.

The decisions to convert unscheduled retail orders to the following Model Year and/or providing special pricing or other incentives is entirely at Ford's discretion. It's an exception to the standard, longstanding polices and is part of the steps Ford has taken, as deemed appropriate, as Ford changes its inventory plans and adjusts to the tremendous volume of retail orders. The actions that Ford has taken on selected vehicles has been communicated to Dealers with detailed information on the applicable vehicles, conditions, pricing and/or incentives, actions to be taken by the Dealers, etc. 

Hope this helps!       

• Like 4

Glad I found this forum. Honestly I was only trying to find out information on how long I was going to have to wait to get the new super-duty truck I ordered on January 25. I assume it’s going to be awhile as I was repeatedly asked while placing the order about removing the fifth wheel prep package and spray in bed-liner as they will extend my wait time. Had to put down a $500 non refundable deposit to submit the order. A friend of mine ordered his back in August and finally received about the middle of January.  He said it was scheduled for a build date a couple of times and that it was pushed back before it was finally built. I am hoping for the same without the rescheduling, but was cautioned by the dealer that it could take 6-8 months. I too was wondering about my order being rolled over to a 2023 so I appreciate the advise for the recent post. I have heard both options discussed from two different dealers. This my third special order. First was back in 1999 and my second was February 2020. Hope this one goes smoothly as dealer wants my 2020 trade in now, but I am reluctant to let it go until I get a better idea of when this one will be built. 

So I put order in September and was priority 19 until removing adaptive steering. After went to priority 13 scheduled clean.  After advice on here Thursday I removed the 5th wheel prep, bed spray in, and tonneau cover.  Today got notified build date March 14th.  Once I get it will have to put the other stuff on.  Dealer says fifth prep for them is 1250.

• Like 1