2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

10 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Seems there are way too many dealers out there that are pleading ignorance when it comes to the price protection. It's going to be interesting to see what my dealer does when it comes time to do the paperwork. So far they have been pretty straight up with me and haven't mentioned any MSRP price increase from back in December, so I'm hoping for the best.

My truck is currently In Production, after ordering it on 6/28/21.   I wanted to make sure on the price protection so I emailed my salesman and he indicated I was most likely going to be charged the price increases.  

I then forwarded him the documents in this forum and was then told I WOULD be price protected.

It's really sad for those people that don't know to follow forums like this that they are probably getting screwed.

Thanks for those people on here doing the heavy lifting for the rest of us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

After you've made 15 posts to the BOF site, you can request tracking at the Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees forum by providing your Order Number and Dealer Code. Read the rules prior to posting your request as the rules are strictly enforced. 

Ok awesome.  Thank you!

Edited by OldManJax

Ordered 1 June Rapid Red F-250 Lariat 7.3L gasser Tremor with Blackout package and Lariat Ultimate packages. Moonroof, Winch, Upfitter, Vehicle Safe, UTT Camera Pro Trailer Backup, Rain sensing, Adaptive Cruise, Splash Guards,  Garage door opener, Hood Deflector,  Floor Mat and no carpet.I finally received word from Ford on 13 Jan the my truck has a production date for the week of 28 February. Assuming this is accurate I will have been waiting 9 Months. Based on the threads that ice capades  has posted I’m not likely to see the truck for another 6 to 8 weeks forum it’s build date. Assuming this is the case it will have taken 10 to 11 months from my order date.  I’ve noted a lot of folks upset that the truck they order isn’t scheduled for production yet. Plain and simple it’s a commodity shortage issue or chip shortage that Ford has been trying to their arms around along with every other vehicle manufacture. For the first time in my life I’ve watched dealerships implode on themselves trying to meet customer demand and sales quotas. They can’t sell what they don’t have. Patients and due diligence is the mandate if you want a new truck from Ford or any other vehicle manufacturer. More than likely this is the new norm.  Hope this helps.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beefmaster said:

The prices you mention are why I was ordering new and selling my 2001 Chevy for more than I paid for it.  With the fleet discount I would save a lot. But the longer it takes and the more I read on this group I'm betting my truck will never be built because it is a cheap fleet order. So, 1/2 price is a little low, but I do think the truck market will return to pre-covid conditions in two years or so. With new brakes and some steering components my old Chevy will last till then.

I don't believe truck prices will ever go back to where they were.  The days of getting $10K off sticker are gone. The mfg have learned they can build less trucks and charge more to make the same, or more, money.  GM has already aligned their new business model with this thought process and the others will follow soon. They all want you to order instead of buying off the lot.  You will still be able to, but you'll pay for it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rcpd34 said:

I don't believe truck prices will ever go back to where they were.  The days of getting $10K off sticker are gone. The mfg have learned they can build less trucks and charge more to make the same, or more, money.  GM has already aligned their new business model with this thought process and the others will follow soon. They all want you to order instead of buying off the lot.  You will still be able to, but you'll pay for it.

I think this is 2 fold also, it will keep used truck/trad values high.  Im probably going to sell my 22 and order a 23(once i see how the 23s look). 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JHForman812 said:

I think this is 2 fold also, it will keep used truck/trad values high.  Im probably going to sell my 22 and order a 23(once i see how the 23s look). 

This is where they will need to strike a balance.  Ford in in the business of selling new vehicles, not used.  They don't want to have to compete with the used market.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rcpd34 said:

This is where they will need to strike a balance.  Ford in in the business of selling new vehicles, not used.  They don't want to have to compete with the used market.

The used market isnt something ford created.  so long as they are still moving new trucks, and people dont want to wait to order, both will thrive.  I have no doubt I could list my 22 right now with 3100 miles on it for MSRP and get it.   

46 minutes ago, Rcpd34 said:

Isn’t it a fancy term called lean manufacturing or just in time

14 minutes ago, CHristopher Runyan said:

Once the chip shortage gets figured out, and all the trucks sitting on the sidelines get fitted, there will be a ton of new vehicles released into the market which will stabilize the market. 

LOL people said the same thing about all the 21s that were parked!! theres not lots and lots full of 22s like there was 21s, this isnt changing till mid/late 23 thats my prediction. 

33 minutes ago, KidNick said:

Isn’t it a fancy term called lean manufacturing or just in time

Most people buy a vehicle (car/Truck) on impulse. You see it, you drive it, you buy it... Having to wait gives you time to think and second guess the purchase. I don't think ordering will sell more trucks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CHristopher Runyan said:

Once the chip shortage gets figured out, and all the trucks sitting on the sidelines get fitted, there will be a ton of new vehicles released into the market which will stabilize the market. 

It's not the simple. There isn't the volume of Super Duty vehicles you think waiting for microchips and there are other factors involved too. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

1 hour ago, Beefmaster said:

Most people buy a vehicle (car/Truck) on impulse. You see it, you drive it, you buy it... Having to wait gives you time to think and second guess the purchase. I don't think ordering will sell more trucks. 

It’s almost like the car salesman job has just turned into an order taking kiosk. 

35 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

I wish. At least a kiosk wouldn’t make mistakes, and you could get updates when you want them. 

How to Buy a Tesla

1.     Step 1: Go Online. Tesla offers two ways to buy its cars: through the company's website or its in-person show rooms. In both cases you'll likely order a car, not buy it on the spot. ...

2.     Step 2: Visit a Service Center.

3.     Step 3: Buy the Car. You've looked at the models and options.

They also deliver to your home once complete. 

2 hours ago, JHForman812 said:

I have no doubt I could list my 22 right now with 3100 miles on it for MSRP and get it.   

Before I ordered my truck in October, I went to a local dealer that advertised a new 2021 Plat Tremor on lot. Once I got there I realized it was the "managers" truck and had 2200 miles on it. They wanted 5k over new retail... you definitely could sell your truck now over MSRP. They didn't get my order btw, I don't like that shady crap they were trying to pull. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CaptainKopper said:

Before I ordered my truck in October, I went to a local dealer that advertised a new 2021 Plat Tremor on lot. Once I got there I realized it was the "managers" truck and had 2200 miles on it. They wanted 5k over new retail... you definitely could sell your truck now over MSRP. They didn't get my order btw, I don't like that shady crap they were trying to pull. 

some of the stuff they are pulling on customers currently is very low ball and scummy!! look what they are doing to the bronco buyers, i see the same thing happening to the lightning buyers! 

Just got my window sticker on my 22 F250 Lariat I ordered and have the printout of the order from my dealer. I ordered 3.55 electronic locking rear axle and the window sticker shows 3.31 electronic locking. Truck build was 2/01. Dealer told me sorry about the mistake would you like to order another? WTH is this.  I asked for them swap out complete axle or gears and was told no, but they would charge me a discount rate on parts/labor to swap out. Any one else experience this or similar issue? 

4 hours ago, Zippy said:

My truck is currently In Production, after ordering it on 6/28/21.   I wanted to make sure on the price protection so I emailed my salesman and he indicated I was most likely going to be charged the price increases.  

I then forwarded him the documents in this forum and was then told I WOULD be price protected.

It's really sad for those people that don't know to follow forums like this that they are probably getting screwed.

Thanks for those people on here doing the heavy lifting for the rest of us.

Yep, I’ve had situations in the past, before Covid, where I ordered a vehicle and they tried to charge me more once it arrived. I guess they figure they may as well, chances are after waiting I won’t want to leave without it. Whenever I order a car, I ALWAYS have them print me what I ordered, write exactly what I’m going to pay, and sign it. Once they see that signature, done deal, the price is the price. That’s not to say there aren’t book keeping charges, etc but…

• ice-capades changed the title to Wanting Information