Stellantis inline 6

33 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Remember the 4.9 was a popular industrial engine.  I would bet a lot of airport tugs are still running with  4.9 power.

my point was that inline 6 bears almost no resemblance to today’s much smaller inline 6s.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akirby said:

my point was that inline 6 bears almost no resemblance to today’s much smaller inline 6s.

AK-No argument-just echoing the positive comments as to its durability.  Probably not many people think of an old Ford motor when they see that tug pull up to their plane pulling multiple baggage carts.

But now that you mention it, wonder how those 300 cubes would do today with state of art ignition and fuel systems???

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Remember the 4.9 was a popular industrial engine.  I would bet a lot of airport tugs are still running with  4.9 power.

Um no they’re not Bob, there was a change of technology and embrace of electric versions 

8 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Um no they’re not Bob, there was a change of technology and embrace of electric versions 

Well then I stand corrected.? As I think about it, that would be an application where charging issues would not be an issue...they are never far from the charger.

• Like 1