OHAP Major announcement

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Maybe I'm just jaded because I live near the most corrupt city in the most corrupt county in what is now one of the most corrupt states in the country but I expect nothing out of my tax dollars. It's all going towards padding some politician's pockets, probably Mike Duggan, or some billionaire who doesn't need handouts. 

Well I know what your talking about, but the point I was making is if you move out to say bumfuck NC, don't expect to have garbage pickup or a decent education for your kids, but the cost of living will be "cheaper"

46 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Well I know what your talking about, but the point I was making is if you move out to say bumfuck NC, don't expect to have garbage pickup or a decent education for your kids, but the cost of living will be "cheaper"

I'm fine with that. The less of the man involved in my daily, the better. I can handle most of that myself. 

15 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

When you look deeper it's nothing that wasn't already promised in the 2019 contract. I'm looking at it as a warning shot to the union. 

I agree with you, you’re basically saying that Ford is trying to quiet any potential labor strife next year. Fulfilling promised investments in Michigan and now OHAP who had been promised electric EV crossovers removed. So Flat Rock will remain one shift going forward???

17 hours ago, 7Mary3 said:

I think a significant number of current large pickup buyers will opt out if fuel prices continue to be high.  Think retirees on fixed incomes with big 5er's, young guys that don't need a big truck, and the type that lives on the financial edge that will be priced out of the market.  Also consider what is about to happen in Washington D.C., you know it's a matter of time before other states look consider the same thing.  That is except California where it's been that way for years: 

https://www.thedrive.com/news/washington-dc-wants-heavy-truck-owners-to-pay-big-500-annual-fee

Our diesel prices are even higher than CA and as a retiree, I am happy with my new F-450. Purchasing fuel is a small percentage of the overall cost of owning a vehicle.

I can also fill the tank in minutes, unlike a BEV, which also won't tow 16,500 lbs.

Don't recall any discussion on the SD Forum of bailing due to fuel prices.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

I agree with you, you’re basically saying that Ford is trying to quiet any potential labor strife next year. Fulfilling promised investments in Michigan and now OHAP who had been promised electric EV crossovers removed. So Flat Rock will remain one shift going forward???

I've been hearing they're gearing up for a second shift.  Perhaps they thi k the new Mustang will be a hot seller ? They were very vague as to the plant-by-plant breakout of investments and jobs. 

Edited by Footballfan

2 hours ago, Footballfan said:

I've been hearing they're gearing up for a second shift.  Perhaps they thi k the new Mustang will be a hot seller ? They were very vague as to the plant-by-plant breakout of investments and jobs. 

Perhaps lots of international orders for the new Mustang  is adding to activity..

Once Ford starts getting more chips, the shackles are going to come off production constraints…

Edited by jpd80