The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

Bryan1

Ford’s Mustang Mach-E Profit Wiped Out by Commodity Costs

29 minutes ago, akirby said:

Must be fake news!  Tesla and their gigafactories and vertical integration are invincible!

😂

Tesla is far ahead of any other global automaker when it comes to BEV production capabilities, but like any manufacturing firm it is not immune to supply chain disruptions.

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

😂

Tesla is far ahead of any other global automaker when it comes to BEV production capabilities, but like any manufacturing firm it is not immune to supply chain disruptions.

I agree, but I’m reasonably sure you said that Tesla’s vertically integrated gigafactories were immune to supplier issues unlike legacy mfrs.

20 minutes ago, akirby said:

I agree, but I’m reasonably sure you said that Tesla’s vertically integrated gigafactories were immune to supplier issues unlike legacy mfrs.

I've said in other threads on this site that a high degree of vertical integration/gigafactory model is necessary though not sufficient for automakers (both new and legacy) to mass produce BEV efficiently and profitably nowadays. And ultimately to survive and thrive amid the ongoing automotive industry revolution.

I did not mean to imply that this business model is immune to supply chain disruptions or other macroeconomic factors. My apology if my previous comments came across that way.

There’s now a $15,000 price difference between the starting price of a Mach E and Tesla Y, increasing materials costs passed onto consumers is a reality that buyers have to accept or be allowed to cancel their orders, refund deposit and go elsewhere.

Mach E Break even?

Earlier this year, Ford increased prices for European Mach E by $6,000, so I’m a little surprised that they didn’t do the same for North American prices. So there’s room to increase prices and still be way less than Tesla Y pricing….starting Mach E pricing above $50,000 is still $10,000 less than the entry level Y.

Edited by jpd80

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/06/24/ford-ends-purchase-option-on-leased-vehicles/

Ford appears to have designated June as the month for realigning customer rights. A few days ago came word that dealers would be able to insert language into sales contract for the F-150 Lightning prohibiting buyers from selling the electric pickup for one year after purchase. Dealers wouldn't need to do this, but they could. Over on the leasing side, Cars Direct discovered a letter Ford sent to dealers eliminating the end-of-lease purchase option for the F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-E, and E-Transit van. In the plainest language possible, Ford's new prohibition tells lessees, "you do not have the option to purchase the Vehicle at the end of the lease term." The change took effect on June 15 in 37 states and will be enacted in the remaining 14 states plus the District of Columbia by the last quarter of this year.