1998 Lincoln Mark VIII With 898 Miles Can Be Yours For $105,000

This particular Mark VIII was offered for sale at the same ridiculous price 6 months ago and didn't get a buyer. Looks like the seller is promoting the whole "Collector's Edition" nonsense a 2nd time now. 

Link for original sales attempt March/April 2022. 898 Original Miles! 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC | Barn Finds

Link for 2nd attempt October 2022. "898 Original Miles"1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Collector's Edition -... (craigslist.org)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My parents had one, LSC.  Once you learn to drive in one of those with it's 204in. you can pretty much drive anything.  Thing was pretty quick, and very comfy. Those doors were pretty hefty, I do I loved the dashboard on it. Wrapped into the doors.  Ours was black with the grey interior. And my father telling me each headlight was over $1K because it was HID (I believe the first passenger car to have those).

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ANTAUS said:

And my father telling me each headlight was over $1K because it was HID (I believe the first passenger car to have those).

First car to use HID headlamps was E32 BMW 7-Series, but Lincoln Mark VIII was the first to use a proprietary DC ballast and bulb from Sylvania (now Ledvance). It was far inferior to AC systems such as D1 and D2, and Sylvania discontinued it after 1998. As a result, replacement hardware for the Mark VIII HID headlamps is almost impossible to get nowadays.

• Like 1