2024 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, GoinPlaces said:

I don't think that's for the sticker, I believe that's for the module confirmation. 

Sticker is here: https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=   <-- paste your VIN from the email Ford sent you at the end of the link

On 11/17/2023 at 7:38 AM, ddb said:

I've seen this mentioned before regarding the "G".  However, my 1/1/24 scheduled build for my F350 Platinum clearly shows the "G" at the bottom.  And obviously no module data is populated since the scheduled build week is still over a month out.  Curious as to how the "G" is any sort of an indicator of things.

image.thumb.png.653f8563f9de82f7cb6a099aed044282.png

Well that is interesting. Maybe a web page error? Clear cookies/cache and try again? Different browser? I've had this page load half way before and not completely load, no G at the bottom. 

Edited by jarrsong

18 minutes ago, jarrsong said:

Well that is interesting. Maybe a web page error? Clear cookies/cache and try again? Different browser? I've had this page load half way before and not completely load, no G at the bottom. 

The G means nothing.  The module data is available 12 hours prior to your truck going down the line when it’s still a bunch of parts waiting to be put together.  The BCE may be temporally plugged in on a workbench to configure it at the time the data shows up.  But this data is a database of AsBuilt info for your truck that never changes. And can be used to reconfigure replacement modules to factory AsBuilt specs.  Not a bad idea for you to keep a personal copy though. 

21 minutes ago, jarrsong said:

Hey jarrsong when did you place your order and how long have you had build date? Thanks, Bob

2 hours ago, jarrsong said:

Edge, Chrome, and Chrome Incognito all show the same for me.  The G is always present with no module data.

2 hours ago, ClaudeSS said:

The G means nothing.  The module data is available 12 hours prior to your truck going down the line when it’s still a bunch of parts waiting to be put together.  The BCE may be temporally plugged in on a workbench to configure it at the time the data shows up.  But this data is a database of AsBuilt info for your truck that never changes. And can be used to reconfigure replacement modules to factory AsBuilt specs.  Not a bad idea for you to keep a personal copy though. 

Thanks for the info.  ?

On 11/21/2023 at 7:15 AM, ClaudeSS said:

As I’ve understood this for years, this isn’t correct.  The As built to be loaded may be known based on engineering/options, the software is loaded on the assembly line, wirelessly now and the “G” is the final check in the system that it’s complete and correct. Probably a simple checksum report. It’s loaded there so that they can incorporate the latest engineering revisions. When your particular module, just pick one (heated steering wheel), it may be at a 1.0 revision level, or no software at all when actually  manufactured. Since then with options, TSB’s and other engineering corrections, it may be MANY versions down the road before production of a particular unit. It may even change based on delivery location. For instance, did you know you can adjust the heated steering wheel temps with this data in Forscan? It is entirely possible that a default heat temp (degrees) is lower in a truck hading for Phoenix than barrow Alaska. I use heated steering wheel because I did have to turn my steering wheel temp up in my 2022 F450 a few degree as it would hardly get warm at all. Default temp was set to lowest based on this as-built data. Now it’s toasty warm. There is is a REASON they call it AS BUILT and not AS DESIGNED. when you are dealing with as built, it’s exactly that and that is why this data isn’t present until your vehicle is in it’s final stages and powered up. Being in lean manufacturing environment for almost two decades I can promise you that aren’t loading these modules individually on a bench anywhere. 

Edited by jarrsong
  • Like 1

Still not built and I haven’t received any notifications since my build week changed on 10/10. According to the tracker it went into production 11/9, 10 days later got a production date 11/19 and on 11/20 BCE data populated. Still no window sticker on the tracker link however I did find a window sticker for my truck on another site. 

Similar here Fl, prod date was 11/16, that showed up after 8 days of in production prior but no date. It says it’s been updated almost daily but no changes. Perhaps waiting for the spray in bedliner…. 7.3 gas crew cab Lariat ultimate black edition 250 8’bed here. Window sticker available at link here but not there and BCE data is abundant since the 16. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jarrsong said:

As I’ve understood this for years, this isn’t correct.  The As built to be loaded may be known based on engineering/options, the software is loaded on the assembly line, wirelessly now and the “G” is the final check in the system that it’s complete and correct. Probably a simple checksum report. It’s loaded there so that they can incorporate the latest engineering revisions. When your particular module, just pick one (heated steering wheel), it may be at a 1.0 revision level, or no software at all when actually  manufactured. Since then with options, TSB’s and other engineering corrections, it may be MANY versions down the road before production of a particular unit. It may even change based on delivery location. For instance, did you know you can adjust the heated steering wheel temps with this data in Forscan? It is entirely possible that a default heat temp (degrees) is lower in a truck hading for Phoenix than barrow Alaska. I use heated steering wheel because I did have to turn my steering wheel temp up in my 2022 F450 a few degree as it would hardly get warm at all. Default temp was set to lowest based on this as-built data. Now it’s toasty warm. There is is a REASON they call it AS BUILT and not AS DESIGNED. when you are dealing with as built, it’s exactly that and that is why this data isn’t present until your vehicle is in it’s final stages and powered up. Being in lean manufacturing environment for almost two decades I can promise you that aren’t loading these modules individually on a bench anywhere. 

This may have been the case years ago. But my module data had a G since September, months before the truck was built.  And the BCE data showed up 36 hours before Ford Pass became available and 12 hours before the day my truck was built, and about 14 hours before my status added the date on the tracker In Production.   So either they got my Built date wrong by a day and Ford Pass takes 36 hours after the truck is built to show up, or the module data is uploaded to the database prior to the truck entering final assembly.  

The module data showing up is a great indication that your truck will enter final assembly within the next 12-14 hours. 

Edited by ClaudeSS

1 hour ago, TheSidsStream said:

Similar here Fl, prod date was 11/16, that showed up after 8 days of in production prior but no date. It says it’s been updated almost daily but no changes. Perhaps waiting for the spray in bedliner…. 7.3 gas crew cab Lariat ultimate black edition 250 8’bed here. Window sticker available at link here but not there and BCE data is abundant since the 16. 

Yeah I was just thinking it might be the spray in liner holding it up I have it as well. 

On 11/23/2023 at 10:49 AM, Bob Bales said:

I wish I had your story. Mine goes like this, order conformation for F-350 SRW Limited on 07/28/2023, 45 days later they said, their looking for parts. The End

Get used to it?

I'm on year 3 of my wait.  I do have a 2023 KR 450, but it’s not what I ordered.  I had to scrounge this thing up, and was only able to get it when the couple that ordered it backed out of their deal.

25 minutes ago, Rovers759 said:

Picked up my 2024 F250 last week at the dealer.  Watched it get towed away today at 187 miles. Cylinder misfires and check engine light. I think it was on the assembly line when the strike started.  Not happy.

The engine were built in Mexico if a diesel and Canada if a gasser.  But long before the Kentucky Plant strike.  Will be interesting to see what’s wrong.  Hopefully just a bad coil. 

On 11/23/2023 at 6:23 AM, ClaudeSS said:

This may have been the case years ago. But my module data had a G since September, months before the truck was built.  And the BCE data showed up 36 hours before Ford Pass became available and 12 hours before the day my truck was built, and about 14 hours before my status added the date on the tracker In Production.   So either they got my Built date wrong by a day and Ford Pass takes 36 hours after the truck is built to show up, or the module data is uploaded to the database prior to the truck entering final assembly.  

The module data showing up is a great indication that your truck will enter final assembly within the next 12-14 hours. 

Ordered a TON of new Fords, never heard of this. 

18 hours ago, Rovers759 said:

Picked up my 2024 F250 last week at the dealer.  Watched it get towed away today at 187 miles. Cylinder misfires and check engine light. I think it was on the assembly line when the strike started.  Not happy.

Oh god no! My trucks maiden voyage will be 1800 miles heading home... And to make it worse, the truck was built on Halloween. This though could actually be haunted. Sorry this happened to you. 

Edited by jarrsong

9 minutes ago, ValorTug said:

My C8 took 14 months to get, was hoping this won't be a similar wait since I already have the new 5th wheel toy hauler and no truck.

Wow. I will be on the hunt for a truck camper now. I used to go massive 11.5' Arctic Fox. Going to go smaller/lighter this time. 5500#+ is too friggen much to haul around everywhere.