2024 Bronco Changes

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/?-updated-official-2024-bronco-order-bank-date-and-model-changes-colors-trims-equipment-more.79191/

Glad to see the 12” screen will be standard on all trims. The screen was the only reason I was contemplating the outer banks. I will happily drop down to a black diamond or big bend now.

Agreed.  That really is the only option I would care about on the interior.  I’ll be interested to see how bad the price increase is. 

Yeah, that’s the scary part. I bet big bend jumps up to at least the current black diamond price if not more. Crazy how you could originally get a 2 dr bronco for just under 30k when it released and now the cheapest option will probably be 40k.

I still wonder about the cloth seats too. Were they not selling? I thought the outer banks cloth seats were the best looking version available and wish they were offered on all trims. I’m sure MGV is fine, but if I can save a couple thousand, cloth is just as good to me.

Edited by T-dubz

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Yeah, that’s the scary part. I bet big bend jumps up to at least the current black diamond price if not more. Crazy how you could originally get a 2 dr bronco for just under 30k when it released and now the cheapest option will probably be 40k.

I still wonder about the cloth seats too. Were they not selling? I thought the outer banks cloth seats were the best looking version available and wish they were offered on all trims. I’m sure MGV is fine, but if I can save a couple thousand, cloth is just as good to me.

In the grand scheme of things having only having two or three seating surfaces and a single screen will make it cheaper to build because they don't have to worry about having multiple build combos now...hopefully help with quality issues too.

The Bronco has gone up quite a bit...mine costs $4K more as a 2023 vs 22

• Like 1

5 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I'd imagine take rate was low for them with upgrades like MGV.

Plus, before this move, for the regular range (i.e. Base up to Wildtrak, not including Everglades/Raptor/Heritage), there were 12 seating options (combos and color options of cloth, mgv, and leather).  Eliminating cloth immediately cuts that in half to 6.

Wildtrak, for instance, I always thought was stupid to have cloth seats standard - 1) they looked terrible with that camo pattern, and 2) you were talking about the top trim available coming standard with cloth?  Didn't make sense.

Some of the other changes, I'd imaging the modular bumper was a popular upgrade on Badlands and Wildtrak, so they just made it standard (funny because they just swapped to that "capable" bumper as standard, at least for WT.

2 door and take rate for 2.7 on lower trims was also probably low, so cut them, and that's more build combos to eliminate.

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

In the grand scheme of things having only having two or three seating surfaces and a single screen will make it cheaper to build because they don't have to worry about having multiple build combos now...hopefully help with quality issues too.

I had my my wife talked into trading her Explorer ST in for a Wildtrak and then we had some unplanned expenses so we put it off.  I noticed that same price increase when I stated looking at it again.  It’s pretty ridiculous when you aren’t getting anything in return for it.  I can only imagine what this next year will bring.

On 8/11/2023 at 4:39 PM, silvrsvt said:

my Raptor...same year went up 11k!!!! crazy ...will be interesting to campare2023 to 2024 pricing....and lo and behold...Code orange is an optionon the Raptor along with color painted fenders...I should charge a royalty....

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Deanh said:

my Raptor...same year went up 11k!!!! crazy ...will be interesting to campare2023 to 2024 pricing....and lo and behold...Code orange is an optionon the Raptor along with color painted fenders...I should charge a royalty....

Yeah, the price jumps are ridiculous - I'm glad I got mine when I did, even if some additional features would've been nice.

Sadly, they'll probably hike prices more, even if it's all the same equipment bundled differently....

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, the price jumps are ridiculous - I'm glad I got mine when I did, even if some additional features would've been nice.

Sadly, they'll probably hike prices more, even if it's all the same equipment bundled differently....

when I ordered it it was mid/ high 70's...when it finally came in 82 and change...its now 93 and change....I would NOT buy one now...was a stretch to begin with...now that stretch would pull a few muscles...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Deanh said:

when I ordered it it was mid/ high 70's...when it finally came in 82 and change...its now 93 and change....I would NOT buy one now...was a stretch to begin with...now that stretch would pull a few muscles...

I just hope they don't keep pushing too far across the board (all models).

Plus, the ever increasing pricing makes the de-contenting they like to do far worse, as you're paying more and getting less.

More info from Bronco6G

Price Increases For Each Trim:

• Big Bend: $250 (2Dr) / $550 (4Dr)
  • Black Diamond: $1,130 - $1,380 (depending on config)
  • Heritage: $1,180 - $1,250 (depending on config)
  • Outer Banks: $0
  • Badlands: $2,000
  • Heritage Limited: $490 - $620 (depending on config)
  • Wildtrak: $2,000
  • Raptor: $3,755

Trim Changes

• Base
    • Discontinued
  • Big Bend
    • Now only available with the 2.3L engine
    • Cloth option discontinued in favor of Marine-Grade Vinyl
  • Black Diamond
    • The current optional wheels will become the standard option.
  • Heritage
    • New color: Robin's Egg Blue
    • Slide-out tailgate is now standard (available on the 4-door model ONLY)
  • Outer Banks
    • 2-door option has been discontinued
    • Cloth option has been discontinued
    • High and Lux have been combined
  • Everglades
    • WILL be returning for 2024 in limited quantities
    • Slide-out Tailgate is now standard (available on the 4-door model ONLY)
  • Badlands
    • HD Modular Bumper is now standard
    • Improved steering equipment now standard
    • Optional 33" deadlock-capable wheels have been discontinued
    • The 2.3L w/ automatic will NOT be available
  • Wildtrak
    • HD Modular Bumper now standard
    • Improved steering equipment now standard
    • Cloth option has been discontinued.
  • Heritage Limited
    • New color: Yellowstone
    • Slide-out tailgate is now standard (available on the 4-door model ONLY)
  • Raptor
    • New body-painted fenders are now standard
    • New appearance package: Raptor Code Orange (see first post)
    • New Colors: Velocity Blue, Shelter Green
    • Discontinued Color: Code Orange
    • High package will be unavailable to order

All Trims

• Improved interior comfort and finishes
    • New 4-way adjustable headrest.
    • New interior finishes
  • Technology Changes
    • 12" touchscreen is now standard on all trims.
      • Note: This will undoubtably result in a shake-up of the equipment packages. My guess? High/Lux will be combined into a single package.
    • New connected services will be available
      • Note: I have no details. I assume they are bringing some of the streaming services currently only available on the Sync 4A system and bringing it to the Sync 4 system.

So now you can’t get the V6 in the lowest priced model.  That’s BS.  So much for catering to anyone that wanted to completely build their own Bronco.  They love forcing you up into a more expensive model.  

Edited by tbone

1 hour ago, tbone said:

So now you can’t get the V6 in the lowest priced model.  That’s BS.  So much for catering to anyone that wanted to completely build their own Bronco.  They love forcing you up into a more expensive model.  

I'm guessing take rate was likely ultra low anyway.

On 8/14/2023 at 3:15 PM, rmc523 said:

I just hope they don't keep pushing too far across the board (all models).

Plus, the ever increasing pricing makes the de-contenting they like to do far worse, as you're paying more and getting less.

Yes agreed.  With this next increase for the 24s the Wildtrak will be nearly $10k more, as I had it equipped, as it was at the beginning of 2023.  It’s getting harder to justify these purchases, and generally speaking I find this trend troubling since I’m not getting anything more in respect to the vehicle.  

It’s also interesting they lowered the price on the EVs, but nothing else.  I find it ironic.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tbone said:

Yes agreed.  With this next increase for the 24s the Wildtrak will be nearly $10k more, as I had it equipped, as it was at the beginning of 2023.  It’s getting harder to justify these purchases, and generally speaking I find this trend troubling since I’m not getting anything more in respect to the vehicle.  

It’s also interesting they lowered the price on the EVs, but nothing else.  I find it ironic.  

The only thing that will change that is if sales start to slip or they start piling up on the lots. Its what the market will bear. Given how ADMs didn't put much dent into the sales, why should the dealerships get that extra money if the consumers will pay it. Not to mention everything else has gone up in price and hopefully your paycheck has also. 

EVs are a different environment-they are more willing to sell at a loss or break even point with them to get market share till the costs of batteries/etc fall as more production capacity grows over the next 5-7 years.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The only thing that will change that is if sales start to slip or they start piling up on the lots. Its what the market will bear. Given how ADMs didn't put much dent into the sales, why should the dealerships get that extra money if the consumers will pay it. Not to mention everything else has gone up in price and hopefully your paycheck has also. 

EVs are a different environment-they are more willing to sell at a loss or break even point with them to get market share till the costs of batteries/etc fall as more production capacity grows over the next 5-7 years.  

EVs are crucially important to CAFE and the screws from the Feds are being tightened...they dont sell EVs and their average exceeds stipu;lations...expect to see an ICE vehcile axed....

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

data2023-ford-bronco-prototype-spy-shots-rob

I was hoping we’d see the black version of the heritage trim in 2024, but I guess not. With the rumored refresh coming in 2025, I’m starting to think that these were just mules for the heritage trim and not another option.

hmm..slightly squared fender moldings...me likey!..and dig the simplicty of the wheels