Glacier Gray

George C

On 11/27/2023 at 2:43 AM, ice-capades said:

Even for Dealers, it's a risk ordering certain new paints for stock inventory without either first seeing the color in person on a vehicle or a high-quality photo that accurately portrays the color. I took a chance years ago and ordered a Thunderbird for stock in a new blue metallic with a blue cloth interior to color coordinate the exterior and interior. When the car arrived, I had the Dealer Principal, Sales Manager and a number of others immediately ask me if I had any more vehicles ordered in that blue metallic. The combination was absolutely ugly with the blue metallic having an iridescent quality that changed color as you walked around it or in different lighting conditions. The blue cloth interior only made it worse as the exterior/interior combination clashed so badly. If the interior was grey, it would have helped neutralize the blue paint a bit, but the blue metallic was still not attractive by any means.

So, what do you do with a situation like that? I had the car prepped and cleaned for showroom display. Sure enough, not two days later an off-duty nurse walked into the showroom, saw the Thunderbird, said it was the best-looking car she'd ever seen and bought the car on the spot! Even so, I was very conservative in the new paint colors ordered afterwards unless I actually saw it on a vehicle, sometimes on a car carrier headed to another dealership.  

remember Chameleon??????? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I picked up my Glacier Gray F350 Platinum this evening. I actually love the color, pictures simply do not do it justice. I think modern phone cameras try to enhance the color and as a result add too much blue. There's definitely blue in there, but it's not near as offensive as most pictures make it look. If you look long enough you start to question if you're seeing gray or blue. It's that subtle. 

I'll add more pics if I take any that look more "realistic", but here's my new Platinum in two different lighting situations this evening (very overcast at sunset).  The first picture despite being in terrible lighting is surprisingly accurate, it's clearly more gray than blue in that pic. The lower pic is next to the F150 I traded in and in real life I didn't see that much blue, the camera added it. 

My vote is, if you're on the fence but think you like the pictures you've seen in this thread, you'll be fine. It looks amazing in person. 

image.thumb.png.a6bda75292c27de6c2d521c7e85cf5c2.png

image.thumb.png.fcbb36bb6dcfd229a4243ab518c59d79.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mylriahd said:

I picked up my Glacier Gray F350 Platinum this evening. I actually love the color, pictures simply do not do it justice. I think modern phone cameras try to enhance the color and as a result add too much blue. There's definitely blue in there, but it's not near as offensive as most pictures make it look. If you look long enough you start to question if you're seeing gray or blue. It's that subtle. 

I'll add more pics if I take any that look more "realistic", but here's my new Platinum in two different lighting situations this evening (very overcast at sunset).  The first picture despite being in terrible lighting is surprisingly accurate, it's clearly more gray than blue in that pic. The lower pic is next to the F150 I traded in and in real life I didn't see that much blue, the camera added it. 

My vote is, if you're on the fence but think you like the pictures you've seen in this thread, you'll be fine. It looks amazing in person. 

Thanks for those pictures and congratulations on taking delivery.  I have a long bed F350 Platinum Glacier Gray that is scheduled for build for this week (still no update though).  I originally hated what I was seeing in those first pictures of GG.  But it has definitely grown on me.  It's just one of those colors that changes with every view, lighting, camera, etc.  I think I'll be ok if I can just ever get my butt in the seat of my own!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ddb said:

Thanks for those pictures and congratulations on taking delivery.  I have a long bed F350 Platinum Glacier Gray that is scheduled for build for this week (still no update though).  I originally hated what I was seeing in those first pictures of GG.  But it has definitely grown on me.  It's just one of those colors that changes with every view, lighting, camera, etc.  I think I'll be ok if I can just ever get my butt in the seat of my own!

Butt in seat after waiting 15 months definitely felt great. By the way, I also moved from a '21 F150 Platinum PB, and these seats are even more comfortable. They are just a bit more plush, so look forward to that. :)

On 1/5/2024 at 3:48 AM, ddb said:

While posting in another thread I remembered what you had said here -- My scheduled week was 12/11, but my "In Production" didn't happen until the Saturday after, 12/16. I had assumed by Friday afternoon (12/15) the site had lost me and maybe had slipped again but a whole bunch happened on that Saturday. SO don't give up hope quite yet, good luck!

image.png.b308a58f461c0894f32efe1f509378f4.png

Posted (edited)

Color is subjective for sure. Some will love it. One definitely has to look at it in person to see if it’s for them. 
In my case, and after waiting a very long year, walking away from GG was without a doubt a very easy decision for us. Definitely doesn’t mean it’s not right for you. 

On to 2025, and hoping for better choices.. 

IMG_1744.jpeg

IMG_3656.jpeg

Edited by George C