2024 Nautilus Premier II Review

I was able to go to my dealership today and see a 2024 Lincoln Nautilus in the Premier II trim and hybrid engine. Even this base model was quite impressive. The EPA hasn't published ratings on their website yet but are expected to do so in January 2024. With a 20 gallon fuel tank that would give a considerable amount of range.

The front display is mesmerizing. The right half of the display is customizable with 5 different views, 3 of which can be displayed at any one time. The center touch screen is a nice size and very responsive. According to the Lincoln representative, the operating system for this model has switched from SYNC to Google for the operating system. The response time was much quicker than SYNC on both booting up and changing screens and settings.

The front vents can only be adjusted using the touch screen. You can manually move them around on the 11.1" touch screen or choose presets to close, move toward the body, move away from the body or to oscillate. The vents in the rear seats are manually adjustable.

The rear seat space was more than ample. In my photos the front seats are pushed back as far as they can go. My test subject in the photo is 5'11" so you can see how much leg room there is. There are 2 USB-C ports each on the back of the driver and passenger seats. There is a 110V outlet at the bottom of the rear console. The arm rest in the center of the rear seats opens up for a small storage space that would probably only hold a cell phone. There is a flip out cup holder in the arm rest too.

The front console isn't huge but would suffice. It has 2 USB-C ports and a power point inside it. Just forward of the console is a tamboured door that covers 2 cup holds, a USB-A and a USB-C port and the excellently positioned wireless phone charger at the front. There is a large crystal dial that is the volume control. There are hard buttons surrounding the dial for auto hold, hazard lights, drive modes, etc.

The squarish steering wheel made it easy to view the massive front display. There is no HUD available but I honestly don't think it would add anything. There was plenty of room between the bottom of the steering wheel and my legs even with the seat position at its highest level.

The base Premier has the Lincoln Premium Stereo with 10 speakers. Moving up the Premier II gets the Revel 14 speaker sound system, Lincoln BlueCruise 1.2 for 4 years, Digital Scent, Panoramic Vista Roof, the 110V outlet, heated second row seats and hands free liftgate.

At Reserve I you get the adaptive suspension. Reserve III and Black Label you get the Revel Ultima 28 speaker sound system and 24 way perfect position massaging sears.

I'm very impressed and will be ordering one in the near future. My salesman said the transit time once shipped to central Ohio would be around 70 days.

IMG_8033.jpg

IMG_8034.jpg

IMG_8035.jpg

IMG_8036.jpg

IMG_8037.jpg

IMG_8038.jpg

IMG_8039.jpg

IMG_8040.jpg

IMG_8041.jpg

IMG_8042.jpg

IMG_8043.jpg

IMG_8044.jpg

IMG_8045.jpg

Edited by RedHoncho01
Update EPA ratings since these haven't been published and Google searches keep bringing up my comment.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I am in Canada.  Dealers here have not had any new models for clients to check out yet.  
The sales manager I deal with told me he will call me as soon as he has one available. 
Planning on ordering a Reserve 2 . Have not decided if I am going to go with the standard engine or the Hybrid.  Leaning toward Red Carpet with the Truffle Interior.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, escapeman said:

I am in Canada.  Dealers here have not had any new models for clients to check out yet.  
The sales manager I deal with told me he will call me as soon as he has one available. 
Planning on ordering a Reserve 2 . Have not decided if I am going to go with the standard engine or the Hybrid.  Leaning toward Red Carpet with the Truffle Interior.  

From what I can tell, Lincoln is sending out prototype vehicles to dealers all over the country for 1 day previews.  They are in various trim levels from the Premier like I saw up to the Black Label.  I can say, if I were forced to buy the Premier II I wouldn't be unhappy.  It is a very nice vehicle.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RedHoncho01 said:

From what I can tell, Lincoln is sending out prototype vehicles to dealers all over the country for 1 day previews.  They are in various trim levels from the Premier like I saw up to the Black Label.  I can say, if I were forced to buy the Premier II I wouldn't be unhappy.  It is a very nice vehicle.

In Canada we only have the Reserve Models available. We have the base Reserve which is well equipped, then we have Reserve 2 and Reserve 3.  I would be fine with the base Reserve if it included the Moon Roof.  As I am only going to the reserve 2 to get the moon roof, the Blue cruise hands free, the scents and the other stuff that is included in the package is not something that is meaningful to me. I am essentially going to buy a $7500 package for a $2000 option . Oh well. Guess we all have to pay to play so to speak.   

On 11/9/2023 at 4:16 PM, RedHoncho01 said:

The front vents can only be adjusted using the touch screen. You can manually move them around on the 11.1" touch screen or choose presets to close, move toward the body, move away from the body or to oscillate. The vents in the rear seats are manually adjustable.

To me, that’s taking the touch screen too far.

Right now I simply reach and move the vent.

I can see taking my eyes off the road too long to change the touch screen menu, decide if I want oscillate or not, then move my finger on the screen, which puts me in a different position to feel the breeze, so I have to repeat the process.

I’m, “more buttons for climate controls, not less”.  

• Like 2

On 11/15/2023 at 3:43 AM, jniffen said:

I can see taking my eyes off the road too long to change the touch screen menu, decide if I want oscillate or not, then move my finger on the screen, which puts me in a different position to feel the breeze, so I have to repeat the process.

I feel the same way about adjusting climate up or down, turning on and adjusting heated seats, and turning on and off the heated steering wheel. Though the last control has long ago moved to the screen, unfortunately (in my not-so-humble opinion). I get that for cost reasons all automakers are moving almost all controls to the screen these days, but I lament much of the movement. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

I feel the same way about adjusting climate up or down, turning on and adjusting heated seats, and turning on and off the heated steering wheel. Though the last control has long ago moved to the screen, unfortunately (in my not-so-humble opinion). I get that for cost reasons all automakers are moving almost all controls to the screen these days, but I lament much of the movement. 

I think our 22 Nautilus with sync 4 is the best combination.  Physical climate controls with the heated seat button available on the small inset infotainment screen so no scrolling through menus.  I think having them all the time at the bottom of the infotainment screen would be ok.  But using menus every day would be tiresome and less safe.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 2:43 AM, jniffen said:

Yes, this seems completely unnecessary to me.  I would like to see this in action to see if it is as cumbersome as it seems it would be. 

Just ordered my '24 Nautilus Reserve hybrid in radiance silver w. black&grey interior last weekend, and am expected to recieve the car in early December. Note I'm in China so there will be some differences in features and exteior design but the overall handling and performance should be identical to the NA version. I highly recommend everyone to go for the hybrid, it just drives so much smoother. 

• Like 2

On 11/22/2023 at 12:26 AM, SmartKid001 said:

Just ordered my '24 Nautilus Reserve hybrid in radiance silver w. black&grey interior last weekend, and am expected to recieve the car in early December. Note I'm in China so there will be some differences in features and exteior design but the overall handling and performance should be identical to the NA version. I highly recommend everyone to go for the hybrid, it just drives so much smoother. 

Can you confirm the Chinese version performance numbers? (HP/Torque, 0-60). I suspect the drivetrains are not the same. 

36 minutes ago, jacytbe said:

Can you confirm the Chinese version performance numbers? (HP/Torque, 0-60). I suspect the drivetrains are not the same. 

My understanding is there is a larger electric motor in the North American model, 100 KW vs. 80 KW.  This would explain the difference.  I think this was done due to the 2.7L engine being dropped.  

I've also seen in some YouTube videos the Chinese version door handles are much lower on the door and mimic Tesla door handles.  They are flush to the body until you wave your hand across.  The door handle extends outward.

55 minutes ago, RedHoncho01 said:

My understanding is there is a larger electric motor in the North American model, 100 KW vs. 80 KW.  This would explain the difference.  I think this was done due to the 2.7L engine being dropped.  

I've also seen in some YouTube videos the Chinese version door handles are much lower on the door and mimic Tesla door handles.  They are flush to the body until you wave your hand across.  The door handle extends outward.

the spec sheet form the Chinese model claims lower HP and a larger electric motor. mathing it out says it uses a 90hp gas engine and 187hp electric motor. the spec sheet might be incorrect or I am misinterpreting it though. It claims 207 KW total output with 140 KW electric motor for Chinese version. 

12 hours ago, jacytbe said:

Just cofirmed with my salesman that the engine output is 207kw/281ps and the motor output is 140kw. 0-60 is aound 7 sec, which isn't significantly faster than the gas version. Ford didn't publish the total output numbers but if I remember correctly, the total output of powersplit hybrid system cannot simply measured by adding engine and morot together. Also I doubt that Ford is offering different drivetrains and the differences in numbers are probably due to different fuel standards, emmision regulations (Chinese version has GPF) and tunning.

Edited by SmartKid001

12 hours ago, SmartKid001 said:

Just cofirmed with my salesman that the engine output is 207kw/281ps and the motor output is 140kw. 0-60 is aound 7 sec, which isn't significantly faster than the gas version. Ford didn't publish the total output numbers but if I remember correctly, the total output of powersplit hybrid system cannot simply measured by adding engine and morot together. Also I doubt that Ford is offering different drivetrains and the differences in numbers are probably due to different fuel standards, emmision regulations (Chinese version has GPF) and tunning.

Good point. The electric motor output could easily be adjusted to whatever they need. probably some power loss due to the GPF and they compensate with higher output from the motor generator. It effects the total system output because you probably don't get peak gas engine power and peak motor gen power at the same moment since the gas engine makes power up past 6000rpm and the electric motors are in a fixed gear ratio and are controlling output speed.  Dyno tests should be at 1:1 so at engine peak power the electric motors are governing the ratio more than contributing to output power. 

Edited by jacytbe