I have not had my truck for 13 days because the dealer can not get a battery - who at ford can i call

escape20

My dealer has had my 23 escape Hybrid for 13 days because of a bad 12 volt battery. the truck keeps going into battery saver mode.

The tell me ford has been slow to respond to find a battery or let them put a different battery in.

Anyone know whee i can start making calls to ford to get someone there to move on this?

12 hours ago, escape20 said:

My dealer has had my 23 escape Hybrid for 13 days because of a bad 12 volt battery. the truck keeps going into battery saver mode.

The tell me ford has been slow to respond to find a battery or let them put a different battery in.

Anyone know whee i can start making calls to ford to get someone there to move on this?

I would suggest staying within the chain of command, and work with the dealership to obtain a new battery. Perhaps they can locate one at another dealership or "canibalize" one from a stock vehicle. I would be surprised if the 12V battery is different from one in a conventional ICE Escape. Is the Dealer Principal (boss) involved? Maybe the Parts Dept at the store needs more... encouragement. They should also be working with the zone office on this. 

If you believe that you've exhausted all avenues locally, here is Ford Motor Co.'s Contact info:

https://www.ford.com/help/contact/

Edited by Chrisgb

14 hours ago, escape20 said:

This makes absolutely no sense unless there's something unique about the 12V battery replacement for an Escape Hybrid. Even so, Ford's parts inventory system allows dealers to search nationwide for available parts with shipping to the dealership. Otherwise, you can call Ford Customer Support and file a complaint which generates a case with Ford and follow-up with the dealership until the issue is resolved.  

2 hours ago, 92merc said:

The Escape Hybrid 12V battery is smaller than the ICE.  I know some hybrid owners have swapped out to the larger battery.  For some reason Type 48 sticks in my head.  But not sure if that was the smaller battery or the bigger.

Okay, but still hard to believe there isn't a replacement battery available that your dealer can't secure. In this event, I'd recommend contacting Ford directly as I mentioned in my earlier post.  

9 hours ago, ice-capades said:

This makes absolutely no sense unless there's something unique about the 12V battery replacement for an Escape Hybrid. Even so, Ford's parts inventory system allows dealers to search nationwide for available parts with shipping to the dealership. Otherwise, you can call Ford Customer Support and file a complaint which generates a case with Ford and follow-up with the dealership until the issue is resolved.  

It absolutely makes no sense your correct.

The dealer has not been very responsive. They do not even check for ford responses until i call to ask for an update.

They told me the battery is on national back order. and they cant use another battery they have in stock unless ford approves it.

They tell me they messaged ford about 10 days ago and they are not offering any options other than they need to put the request i through the parts department and not service,

I tried to work with the dealer, but they say there are no options until ford helps.

I think they are feeding me a load of bull

Meanwhile i have had one of their loaners for 14 days now.

• Like 1

I called the 800 number and they were able to tell me the dealer opened a case on Friday 12/8.

The problem with that is they knew on 11/30 that they could not get a battery. And they told me back on the 30th that they opened a case.

Ford (800 number) told me the case manager would call me back.

The 800 number was actually very helpful.

So frustrating, since my 2020 Hybrid went thru 3 batteries, and now my 2023 is starting the same thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, escape20 said:

It absolutely makes no sense your correct.

The dealer has not been very responsive. They do not even check for ford responses until i call to ask for an update.

They told me the battery is on national back order. and they cant use another battery they have in stock unless ford approves it.

They tell me they messaged ford about 10 days ago and they are not offering any options other than they need to put the request i through the parts department and not service,

I tried to work with the dealer, but they say there are no options until ford helps.

I think they are feeding me a load of bull

Meanwhile i have had one of their loaners for 14 days now.

Can't use a replacement battery that the dealer already has in stock without Ford's approval? BS

The Group 48 AGM is not "specified" for the vehicle but it does fit fine (with a very slight modification of the bracket) and the spare fits over it fine.

I decided to go that route and paid for the "upgrade". Most of the searches I did said that would fix the problem and it has not come back even in cold nights in Tahoe. (only a few so far) I think it went to sleep one time but I expected it because I was charging several devices and listening to the radio for almost an hour without starting the vehicle.