Ford F-150 Lightning Switchgear Pickup Is a Hi-Po EV Off-Roader

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Interesting name they picked for it...not sure how switchgear ties into anything outside of describing what is on a dash 

from motortrend:

Now, you might think that the name "Switchgear" is a play on its electric power, but that's apparently not the exact case. The truck can transform from this off-road terror we see now to a street one.

I don’t know much about off-roading or suspension, but I’d have to think that all the weight from the batteries would wear out the shocks pretty fast right? Jumping with that much weight also doesn’t seem like a good idea unless everything else has been beefed up to handle it.

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

I don’t know much about off-roading or suspension, but I’d have to think that all the weight from the batteries would wear out the shocks pretty fast right? Jumping with that much weight also doesn’t seem like a good idea unless everything else has been beefed up to handle it.

I would think that's been accounted for by guys smarter than us lol

Wonder what the hit to the range is with 37s and if they're working on more energy dense batteries in conjunction with this (obviously already are regardless of this, but wonder if it will have any direct impact)

Cool to see some more performance EV stuff though, hope it helps with tech that makes it to production.

Now this is what I want to see. The current lighting is a decent tool, but it wasn't a passion project, it's quite vanilla, and that was by design. Hopefully this previews things to come, either near the tail end of lightning production, or once t3 enters production.