FORD MUSTANG V8 WILL PAY DIVIDENDS NOW THAT RIVALS ARE GONE

3 hours ago, akirby said:

You have to be careful about that.  It can appear that other cars have brights on when it’s just the curve of the road.  If the fog lamps are on then brights can’t be on for factory lights at least.  That cop must have been having a bad day.

I usually can tell when someone has their brights on, but there are definitely times where I'm not sure and hesitate to flash.

33 minutes ago, Deanh said:

come to So Cal and drive for a few....I TRY to set my cruise ( adaptive ) at 72- 73...and seriously surprized I dont have neck issues with eth Bronco hitting brakes, speeding up , slowing down, speeding up...its insane...I have the distance set atwhat leaves about 5 car lengths between me and the car in front...apparently thats just an invitation...I would guess 90% of the accidents here are rear enders due to tailgating....ridiculous...and watch....Im going to say with a few years part of the collision control on cars will be a minimum distance control based on speed.... 

Oh yes.  In Miami, leaving space between you and the car in front of you is only room for someone to scoot in between.

Sadly, you get forced to drive that way or you'll continually get cut off.....and the auto cruise control systems are too "dumb" to realize you could coast to the preset speed rather than slam on the brakes.

• Like 1

There are some great stories here of dumbest traffic ticket. Here's mine. I was commuting into Washington, DC from suburban Maryland where I live. The traffic was heavy, but I was keeping my distance from the car in front of me. I was coming up to a stop light with several cars already stopped at the light. I was slowing down, ready to stop when someone rear ends me so hard that it propelled my car into the rear end of the car in front of me (the last of the stopped cars). A DC policeman came by to assess the accident and gave me a ticket for "following too close." I was going to contest it, but my boss required me to travel the week of my court date so I just gave up and paid the darned thing.

• Sad 2

On 4/12/2024 at 9:10 AM, akirby said:

If the fog lamps are on then brights can’t be on for factory lights at least.

That's why I usually keep the fogs lit on my truck, but it's amazing how many people can't figure it out and flash me anyway. It's worse when I'm towing heavy; I have a Roadmaster Active Suspension setup on my rear suspension, and that helps keep the rear from squatting as much as the stock springs, but she still squats some when the trailer is heavy. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

I was slowing down, ready to stop when someone rear ends me so hard that it propelled my car into the rear end of the car in front of me (the last of the stopped cars).

Years ago, when Progressive still had the BOF Explorers with PROGRESSIVE written across the side, my old boss was coming out of the bank when he saw a wreck like that. He said the Progressive truck was stopped, the last vehicle in line at a red light, when this woman just plows right into it from behind. 

Her car submarined under the rear of the Explorer, lifting its rear tires completely off the ground, and drove it into the rear end of the car in front of it.

The guy driving the car in front gets out, but from his vantage point, he can't see the car that caused the whole mess. He starts going on about the wreck loudly enough that my boss can clearly hear him from the entrance of the bank, then he sees the Progressive name on the Explorer and says, "well, at least you've got insurance!"

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, rmc523 said:

In Miami, leaving space between you and the car in front of you is only room for someone to scoot in between.

On my morning commute, my exit is a lane that turns into an off ramp, so it's usually moving at highways speeds until it actually diverges from the highway itself. It never ceases to amaze me how many people will come screaming up in the lane next to it, then expect me to slow down so they can get in front of me, when there was literally a quarter mile of empty lane behind me THAT THEY JUST WENT SCREAMING PAST. 

Year, sorry buddy, but poor planning on your part does not constitute emergency on my part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2024 at 11:35 AM, SoonerLS said:

On my morning commute, my exit is a lane that turns into an off ramp, so it's usually moving at highways speeds until it actually diverges from the highway itself. It never ceases to amaze me how many people will come screaming up in the lane next to it, then expect me to slow down so they can get in front of me, when there was literally a quarter mile of empty lane behind me THAT THEY JUST WENT SCREAMING PAST. 

Year, sorry buddy, but poor planning on your part does not constitute emergency on my part.

If I leave my office during rush hour instead of 30 mins early like I normally do then there are portions of 275 that get backed up at every exit.  The weird thing is it's the left lane that slows down to almost a complete stop while the right lane moves at around 30 or so MPH.  Lots of people use the far right exit lane to pass by and cut in at the last second but even then it still moves faster than the left lane.  But I agree with you it's infuriating to see someone cut in even when you give no room.