What is this plastic "plug" called - truck bed

Somewhere on the side of a mountain near Eagle, ID there is a plastic plug / cap that jarred loose on my travels a couple weekends ago.  I've been trying to find a replacement for it online because I'm guessing I can get it cheaper than at the dealership.  I can't for the life of me find a name for what the heck it is. Photo from a Youtube channel shows the plug I'm talking about with a yellow square around it.  Also debating just slapping a piece of rubber over it with some construction adhesive but thought I would try to make it look right first if possible.Plasticplug.thumb.jpg.6ee4599ba4dbd6b331ada8bf9a5928dc.jpg

Pretty sure that's a cover for where the Pro Power Onboard goes if you don't have that option.  No idea what it's called.  Maybe I should get the dimensions and start 3D printing and selling them...sounds like it may be an oft-replaced piece!

Yup I realize that's the hole for the pro power dealio just can't find what they call the hole filler when you don't get that option.  I emailed on dealership with no response.  I'll try another I guess.  

3D printing doesn't sound like too bad of an option either!

30 minutes ago, akirby said:

People will do anything to stay away from a dealership.  Just walk into the dealership parts dept and they can easily find it in their catalogue.

Yep, that or a simple phone call.

55 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Yep, that or a simple phone call.

Sorry but forget the phone call. It's best to visit a dealership to be able to actually see and confirm it's the correct part required. The dealership can then quote a price and advise regarding availability, etc. 

Yes when the dealership is an hour drive away I will avoid that trip. Phone call - tried that. Hard to explain over the phone what I'm looking for. Email photo - no reply in a week. Seems to me this day and age I could find a schematic and order a part and have it delivered in a week tops.  Can do it for everything else I own and operate - apparently not for a square piece of plastic.  Rubber and construction adhesive it is until I need to take it to the dealership for something......

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2024 at 10:41 PM, Rvrrat said:

Yes when the dealership is an hour drive away I will avoid that trip. Phone call - tried that. Hard to explain over the phone what I'm looking for. Email photo - no reply in a week. Seems to me this day and age I could find a schematic and order a part and have it delivered in a week tops.  Can do it for everything else I own and operate - apparently not for a square piece of plastic.  Rubber and construction adhesive it is until I need to take it to the dealership for something......

Never mind,,,,,

HRG

Edited by HotRunrGuy
  • Like 1