Adaptive Headlights Debut on MKX

ANTAUS

I agree, even if it were an option. I'm sure the spin will be "Well these curve thru there turns, where HID's dont".

And the point should be...BOTH

Considering Adaptive HID's are available on The RX/X3 -- your major competition. Hopefully regular HID's become a Job2 (optional) addition to the Edge and Adaptive HID's for the MKX.

That is what I've noticed with the MKX, where are the Luxury features, (Bluetooth, rain-sensing windshield wipers, power folding mirrors, etc.) Also why isn't the Heated windshield that is Available on the Explorer optional on more vehicles.

Hint Ford -- Winter Package -- Heated Windshield, Steering wheel, Seats and Outside Mirrors!

where are the Luxury features, (Bluetooth, rain-sensing windshield wipers, power folding mirrors, etc.)

Bluetooth is coming next summer.

As to the rain-sensing windshield wipers, I sense a bit of Ford paternalism there--the technology doesn't work well so why offer it (see also the Lexus parallel parking 'feature')? Like with the green IP lighting (which is supported by scientific studies), the aim is to provide stuff that works, not stuff that is 'cool'. Personally, I don't mind, but then again, I'm not a representative sample of Ford's customer base.

As to the rain-sensing windshield wipers, I sense a bit of Ford paternalism there--the technology doesn't work well so why offer it (see also the Lexus parallel parking 'feature')? Like with the green IP lighting (which is supported by scientific studies), the aim is to provide stuff that works, not stuff that is 'cool'. Personally, I don't mind, but then again, I'm not a representative sample of Ford's customer base.

The 2000-2002 Lincoln LS had rain sensing wipers that worked fine. Unfortunately some of the owners didn't know how they worked and complained so they just eliminated the feature.

Every vehicle that I have driven with Rain sensing wipers the system work excellent, I wish my current vehicle had that feature. The system they had in the LS and Towncar was way to confusing, all you need is Auto, Low, and High. Ford needs to learn "KISS"

For the life of me I wonder why anyone would want their car to parrallel park for them. Can you imagine buying a car that helps you park-wtf?

But I don't know what studies you allude to RJ but I got to tell you the rest of the car industry obviously is not reading them. Maybe it came from a Ford study! A friend of mine had the 2nd generation taurus (killed that car right there even if they sold a shit load-imo) with that flat faced radio....I was telling him how much of a pain in the ass that radio is to work....hold a button to raise the volume, etc (bright green though richard!) and his comment back to me was how ford designed the radio to be safe so in a car accident as my face is being crushed by the radio no buttons will protude into my skull!

I want things that work in a vehicle (that is a given in today's market)...but one of the reason why I like a car is because of the cool things that add value. My bmw has a heated steering wheel which is nice on a chilly morning. I like dodge caliper's heated adn cooled cup holders (or is that the sebring-ugly vehicle-cool feature)-drop down speakers in the rear-cupholders that are illuminated

But I don't know what studies you allude to RJ but I got to tell you the rest of the car industry obviously is not reading them. Maybe it came from a Ford study!

Actually, I think the Army & Air Force have studied the whole night lighting thing, and there are the red and green schools of thought. Green is legible at even very low levels of illumination, while Red is considered easier on the eyes.

As to the Ford chicklet radios, I hated them. I don't know what they were thinking, and I'm glad they are slowly disappearing. But that's just my opinion. The reception was lousy too.

I'm sorry, but if someone can't parallel park their vehicle, without drama, they shouldn't drive.

The same with the "Quadra-Steer" B.S. that GM couldn't unload fast enough and bombed...

Same senario...if you can't navigate your vessel, get OFF the ship!

Considering Adaptive HID's are available on The RX/X3 -- your major competition. Hopefully regular HID's become a Job2 (optional) addition to the Edge and Adaptive HID's for the MKX.

That is what I've noticed with the MKX, where are the Luxury features, (Bluetooth, rain-sensing windshield wipers, power folding mirrors, etc.) Also why isn't the Heated windshield that is Available on the Explorer optional on more vehicles.

Hint Ford -- Winter Package -- Heated Windshield, Steering wheel, Seats and Outside Mirrors!

you may not know that those heated windshields play havoc with I-Pass tollway transponders, and other assorted bits of carry-aboard electronics.

I see Ford is recalling 500's due to freezing locks...I posted about Chryco's apparent solution to that: warm air from inside the vehicle is forced out under the outside door handles.

You'd think a Detroit-based company would get winterizing right the first time.

Like with the green IP lighting (which is supported by scientific studies), the aim is to provide stuff that works, not stuff that is 'cool'. Personally, I don't mind, but then again, I'm not a representative sample of Ford's customer base.

stuff thats cool = sales

I dont want to drive something that isnt "cool"

I have rarely needed to parallel park my car. In fact, I don't think you'll find many Americans use to gigantic parking lots who have a need to parallel park. I admit that parallel parking frightens me, largely because I'm terrified of scraping my rims, but I'm sure I can park it much more quickly than dialing up the feature on a Lexus.

As for the MKX, it is very short on luxury features for this class of vehicle. The car relies on some hallmark features, like the THX sound system, vista roof, and heated/cooled seats to set it apart from the competition.

Bluetooth, adaptive cruise control, HID headlights.

Um.

Did I mention Bluetooth?

You forgot rain-sensing windshild wipers(even though some on here have problems with them, I love) one touch up on all windows, power folding mirrors with auto dimming and turn signals on both sides, headlamp washers and auto leveling, Live traffic updates on the Nav, front parking assistance, rearview camera, and push button start.

You forgot rain-sensing windshild wipers, one touch up on all windows, power folding mirrors with auto dimming and turn signals on both sides, headlamp washers and auto leveling, Live traffic updates on the Nav, front parking assistance, rearview camera, and push button start.

LOL... talk about getting owned.

I have rarely needed to parallel park my car. In fact, I don't think you'll find many Americans use to gigantic parking lots who have a need to parallel park. I admit that parallel parking frightens me, largely because I'm terrified of scraping my rims, but I'm sure I can park it much more quickly than dialing up the feature on a Lexus.

I guess I'm a rarity, I have to parallel park both at work and at home. It's annoying but I have this thing about paying for parking.