customer focused prodcuts?

Now that 2 liter bottle carrying holder would definately keep up with my caffeine addiction :)

But to be fair, Ford does add some good ideas on some of their vehicles like the "conversation mirror" which has been copied by a few other manufacturers as well.

Unfortunately...one of those ideas comes only once in awhile....

Ford has gotten storage compartment happy, although I'm beginning to believe that the days of the dash-top glove box are nearing the end thanks to the new HVAC design debuting in the Escape/Mariner.

I don't 'live' in my car, it's something I keep very clean. I don't like my cars with excessive storage bins and I suppose I can't sympathize with those that do.

Edited by Edgey

Biker, have you ever seen the inside of a typical E-series work van? Crap e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. And why? Not for a lack of storage bins. Although I do like the bottle storage units. I was thinking more like Escape/Mariner/Edge, though.

p.s. I'm so sorry I didn't see fit to include you on the list. Will you ever forgive me?

Edited by RichardJensen

Biker, have you ever seen the inside of a typical E-series work van? Crap e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. And why? Not for a lack of storage bins. Although I do like the bottle storage units. I was thinking more like Escape/Mariner/Edge, though.

p.s. I'm so sorry I didn't see fit to include you on the list. Will you ever forgive me?

one more pic

WKA2006101830582_pv.jpg

A place for our hard working customers to place their clip boards.

simple and effective

Isn't the Dodge/Freightliner Sprinter imported? It seems as they are selling well here.

They aren't selling as well as the Ram Van they replaced, but DCX is selling every one they bring over here, and they're building a plant.

'Course the plant has only a 40k capacity (and is non-union, which may be the reason why the UAW is giving DCX the succulent raspberry over health care concessions).

All this makes sense for workvans... But some things for passenger cars need to be kept in check so as to not provide distractions that keep drivers from doing what they need to do... drive.. adequate cup holders and some storage that is easy to access are good... but thats all i really need.

Back in the day when vans were 1970's sex machines they could have all benifited from having a dvd player and LCD screen in the back, plus a lube and condom dispenser... LOL!

Speaking of panel vans... it could become the next big thing with young people and those who want personal expression. Not too long ago I seen a Chevy HHR in that copper orange and that owner had custom two tone pain where it was painted an almond from the door character line down and had a custom painted black accent stripe with a modest spear shape 50's style. It really looked sharp and attractive.... I am also seeing two tone paint making a comeback on modern cars. If done properly it looks good on the right vehicles. With enough cars out there designed with straight lines on the upper body that carry from front to back, it's a doable attractive design.

I am starting to see that Ford is missing out on not having some sort of small panel van or wagon. I am not saying jump on the style of a retro thing like a PT Cruiser or HHR but have Ford come up with something that has a fresh character of it's own. Reminds me of when there was teh Pinto Crusing wagon... I liked the idea but the vehicle itself was not sophisticated but it would work on the right vehicle today.

Ah yes, storage in the E vans. Like the warehouse van I have to deal with (E 350 extended).

This thing has no place in the drivers compartment to put anything away. The door pockets are too small to hold the trip log book, as it falls out every time the door is closed. Consequently everything is set on the dash or the passenger seat and ends up on the floor. The van did not even come with a provision for mounting the spare tire (I guess the guy who speced it out forgot to order the spare tire carrier), so it is held to a cargo partition with a bungee cord. And do not even get me started on cargo tie downs. (If you need some go down to a boatyard and get some anchor cleats and through bolt them to the floor.)

Has anyone seen the interior of the freshened '08 E-Series yet to say for sure some of these little innovations AREN'T going to find their way in there? We saw the one spy photo and then it kind of dropped off the map. Of course, a spy photo of a fullsize van isn't as sexy as a new Ferrari so the magazines and spy photographers probably pretty much ignore it....

They aren't selling as well as the Ram Van they replaced, but DCX is selling every one they bring over here, and they're building a plant.

'Course the plant has only a 40k capacity (and is non-union, which may be the reason why the UAW is giving DCX the succulent raspberry over health care concessions).

I didn't know they were planning on a plant here. Is it going to be a Mercedes-Benz plant? I can't see the UAW putting up with a non-union Dodge facility here.

It seems strange that the Sprinter isn't outselling the Ram. I see Sprinters all over Pittsburgh from Fed EX to plumbers, tradesmen and passenger busses at the universities. I hardly see any new looking Rams anymore. Still a lot of E Series vans. I think there would be room for the Transit to co-exhist with the E-Series since the Transit like the Sprinter is much taller and seems bigger overall.