Goodbye Folks

Well, I am done with Ford and thus no longer have much interest in the company. Still, I am grateful for all the wonderful posters here that helped me learn more about the company's business, its history and the automotive industry in general.

I enjoyed my time here.

In case you are wondering why I am done with Ford, see here: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...mp;#entry109270

Edited by johnnyb82

How is this Ford's fault? They have no control over the dealers. Every time they try to get control they get sued and lose. What are they supposed to do?

The truth about Ford's dealerships.

Ford's dealerships guilty by association? There are more than 20,000 Ford Motor Company Dealerships – ranging from Aston Martin’s 65 worldwide dealerships to over 13,000 dealers selling Ford-branded products around the globe. All Ford dealerships are what they like to call “independent franchisesâ€. They don’t build the vehicles…

They just sell them which bring the customers into a situation where they will get the following treatment:

Ford dealership:

“We are not responsible. It is Ford’s responsibilityâ€

Ford Motor Co:

â€We are not responsible. Go back to the dealership where you bought the car!â€

Ford dealership:

â€We don’t build the cars! We just sell them!â€

They play the musical chairs.....

well they have the ability to warranty things on a good will basis that is for sure....but I still think that the warranty is expired due to the time limit.

But if you think ford is the only one with cat problems you would be suprised how many converters we are seeing needing to be replaced on honda civics ($1k) and to a lesser extent accords. And these are cars with 60-90k on them.

btw....If I was trying to convince my 25 year old financee to buy a ford product it sure as hell would not be a freestyle....what were you thinking! At the very least tell her to get the mustang so when you guys get divorced in 3 years she at least has a hot car!!

How is this Ford's fault? They have no control over the dealers. Every time they try to get control they get sued and lose. What are they supposed to do?

Well, do they have to sell cars to that dealer. If there is a Ford dealer that's getting complaint after complaint of bad service and driving customers away you would think Ford the company could say "Guess what boys, no more cars for you, we refuse to sell them to you."

Well, do they have to sell cars to that dealer. If there is a Ford dealer that's getting complaint after complaint of bad service and driving customers away you would think Ford the company could say "Guess what boys, no more cars for you, we refuse to sell them to you."

That would be nice, but at the same time you'd get people on here claiming to be shareholders that would want to know why Ford is turning down sales. :doh:

Edited by OAC_Sparky

It is not a good will warranty. It is what the Clean Air Act requires and they are ignoring it. If you read the post you would know that is what this whole thing is about. If it was just the part breaking, that would be fine. The point is that they are refusing to do what they are legally required to do and even admitted as much in the 2002 Warranty booklet. The law had not changed, Ford has.

I used to be like you folks too--well, times change.