STEVE WILSON IS NOT A FRIEND!

fishinguy

:hysterical:

Now, that was 2 funny, man

Are you seriously comparing a car and a gas card, with a private Lear jet and a flight crew? That must be one hell of a car if it costs upward of $70,000 a week.

Oh wait a minute. I forgot the gas card. Maybe it will compare if he fills it up with premium. :rolleyes:

Very, very funny

Are you talking about the investigation that exposes waste at the top levels of management, or the channel 4 investigation that exposes drunks on the clock, and the plant level management that lets their workers get away with it? :doh:

Pioneer, you are a man with good logic

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end Ford will just off it on there Taxes !!!!!!!!!!

Ford will have to make a profit before they will owe any taxes.

Fields will see the value of the flights on his W2. It is a part of his compensation, so he will pay taxes on the value of the flights.

If you think Fields is over compensated, then that is your opinion. The rest of this is just a smoke screen to make Ford look bad. There is no way that making Ford look bad is going to benefit any one that depends upon the company for a living.

Whenever I read his posts, I see this image in my mind for what J-150 must look like. B)

PubEneJC.jpg

Seriously though, the last time I checked, the government DOES allow competition in broadcasting.... it's called C-A-B-L-E!

You ought to try it sometime!

I *hardly* watch ANYTHING on CBS, NBC, or ABC any more. They're just too #$%^# liberal for me.

-Ovaltine

cable broadcasting is an oxymoron. It should actually be called narrowcasting. They have limitations in their broadcast license.

Again, its a protected industry... kind of like Ford and GM trying to open plants in Japan.

And yes, that is me in the pick. The "J" stands for Jimmy.

Fields will see the value of the flights on his W2. It is a part of his compensation, so he will pay taxes on the value of the flights.

Sarbanes-Oxley accounting laws.

You can't hide anything or "ghost the books" anymore (Enron, Worldcom anyone?)

Edited by J-150

as someone who had 35 years in at the company i can see no good coming out of this article.if anything its insulting.not every one is a screw up at fords the majority of us are hard working GOD fearing people but you made us all look like dirt bags. any where you go in any job you will get cling-ons low lifes that live off honest people but remember this what you do..........say... and live will bite you on the ass 7 fold...........but this article does nothing but cause pain for the majority of folks that have honest values working for fords.....but builts channel 7 ratings up,,,

exactly what Len and I have been saying. Maybe in UAW country around Michigan people will see it for what it is... for the rest of the country, the Toyota lovin' blue states, they will see it as a smear on the industry. Especially when people keep comparing back to Japanese CEO wages.

Yet again, the press makes Ford look like an ass while praising Toyota.

And some of you think that's okay.

exactly what Len and I have been saying. Maybe in UAW country around Michigan people will see it for what it is... for the rest of the country, the Toyota lovin' blue states, they will see it as a smear on the industry. Especially when people keep comparing back to Japanese CEO wages.

Bullshit...if you don't think the kind of exposure is going to help at contract time you need to think again. It gives the UAW something to bargain with....that is if they are up to the task of fighting anything anymore....without this they had not one ace card....NOW they do

well said. Not to mention that this is a very common perk for executives: CareerJournal | Company Planes Are Used As CEOs' Private Golf Shuttles - note that the date of this story (bottom of the page) is from October of LAST YEAR.

Every other company does it so why not Ford? Very weak Len-A. Let me show you the bridge that everyone is jumping off. I have read some of your posts and you can do better than that, I hope.

Every other company does it so why not Ford? Very weak Len-A. Let me show you the bridge that everyone is jumping off. I have read some of your posts and you can do better than that, I hope.

Not every other company is facing bankruptcy (because of their own mistakes...I might add) then riding on the backside of the hourly to try and recover the huge losses they have brought on themselves....It is about how they appear to John Doe Public and right now they look like crap....That is exactly what they deserve

You got that right about "30 Tears Ago". Back then a Union WAS a union. Today? What? Where? I sure don't see it now, it's just a shadow of what it once WAS............... :fan: :violin: :heartbreaker: :beatdeadhorse: Yeah, I know, I going to get flamed for saying it, but it's hard to ignore the truth and one other thing, being I've been a long time unionized Ford employee, don't think it doesn't hurt to see this today, it does.

You will not get flamed my me Bro.......The truth to the matter is the Unions are trying to survive also.

They are dying just like the american auto industry.......Its about survival for both parties.......

Look at it like this, its a chess game, with all the heavy hitters, the King, Queen, Rooks, Knights, Biships,....

We are just the Pawns............Pawns get sacrficed in the game..

It sucks........The days of old are gone.

as someone who had 35 years in at the company i can see no good coming out of this article.if anything its insulting.not every one is a screw up at fords the majority of us are hard working GOD fearing people but you made us all look like dirt bags. any where you go in any job you will get cling-ons low lifes that live off honest people but remember this what you do..........say... and live will bite you on the ass 7 fold...........but this article does nothing but cause pain for the majority of folks that have honest values working for fords.....but builts channel 7 ratings up,,,

Thanks for the support Triton........

Are you talking about the investigation that exposes waste at the top levels of management, or the channel 4 investigation that exposes drunks on the clock, and the plant level management that lets their workers get away with it? :doh:

Thats funny."Idont care who you are"....

SON OF A BITCH!!!

I am finally getting some support...........Thankx Bros and Sises!!!

Thankx for nothing STEVE!!

Bullshit...if you don't think the kind of exposure is going to help at contract time you need to think again. It gives the UAW something to bargain with....that is if they are up to the task of fighting anything anymore....without this they had not one ace card....NOW they do

Give me a fuckin break man!

That gave us the HAMMER ALL RIGHT!

WE Have nothing!!! We are sinking!..............WAKE UP DUDE!

Keep dreaming. I'll be shocked if it even comes up. Gettlefinger was taking questions on line yesterday, and there are no reports of this coming up. Plus the union has been rather silent since this came out.

Keep dreaming. I'll be shocked if it even comes up. Gettlefinger was taking questions on line yesterday, and there are no reports of this coming up. Plus the union has been rather silent since this came out.
If it doesn't than the people in position to negotiate forget how do to their jobs.........AGAIN

I agree it can help at contract time... but again, what is the ultimate, underlying cost when the general public sees news footage that further erodes their confidence in buying a Ford product.

A few more percent on the next contract would be nice... but that would go to fewer people as Ford loses another couple of market share points.

Good points on this thread from all. My point is this: Yes, having the big swinging dicks like Mark jet back and forth from their job in Michigan on the weekends by luxury bizjet does get annoying somewhat. Especially with the times we are going thru and all the sacrifices being made. Yes, it doesn't seem fair and in my personal opinion, it isn't, but what can we do as Ford employees? Not much, if anything. The Big Dicks have always done things their way, when you have the POWER, THE MONEY, and THE AUTHORITY, that's what's done. And not just in the big companys either, the government and military are as adept at this as is Ford. :poke: :beatdeadhorse:

The truth hurts....

At times, yes it does. But this ole military vet has been thru this shit before...more ways than one....... :rockon:

Good points on this thread from all. My point is this: Yes, having the big swinging dicks like Mark jet back and forth from their job in Michigan on the weekends by luxury bizjet does get annoying somewhat. Especially with the times we are going thru and all the sacrifices being made. Yes, it doesn't seem fair and in my personal opinion, it isn't, but what can we do as Ford employees? Not much, if anything. The Big Dicks have always done things their way, when you have the POWER, THE MONEY, and THE AUTHORITY, that's what's done. And not just in the big companys either, the government and military are as adept at this as is Ford. :poke: :beatdeadhorse:

At times, yes it does. But this ole military vet has been thru this shit before...more ways than one....... :rockon:

I will never watch 7 news again...........Looks to me that they are feeding Steve well. :shades:

TRIM YOU SAY: and I quote,

"That is right. This pain in the ass guy is not our friend. He is only out for himself. You can buy new, or used. Take your choice. What goes on inside the doors of a private company should be private. If we were government, it would be a different story. I would like to do an expose of what goes on inside a television newsroom. Would 1200 of those stiffs be capable of, after their eight hour shifts, leaving behind 500 brand new cars that they assembled? I think not. Go and peddle your shit elsewhere.

Hey Stevie baby; am I too good for you? Say something. I can't wait to see your show. It will probably be your swan song.

Are you only going to air opinions which fit your political agenda? Mine, and those of many, don't.

Don't ask me to participate in this farce. I have better things to do."

Trim,

I couldn't agree more.......I do not a support what the fat cats do, but that's all we need is more negative press on FORD MOTOR! This Steve Wilson has a hidden agenda, BUST US UP!!!!.......That's right, just another black eye for us all. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! This guy is not a friend!!!!

i think he needs to peddle it to fox news and/or cnn as well. i think everyone in the US needs to know how ford is LYING to its shareholders and employees. :rockon: steve wilson just has the balls to put into the publics eyes what noone wants them to see

I will never watch 7 news again...........Looks to me that they are feeding Steve well. :shades:

That's a grown up reaction. People like you are simply too narrow minded to realize that the point of this story is that Ford is taking away from the workforce while continuing to take care of the execs. Do you not realize the effects that these cuts will have collectively on local economies throughout the country as well as the personal lives of the workforce? It is bigger news because it is happening in Detroit, the birthplace of automobiles. Your choice to not watch that channel again is a childish one, and I am sure they could give two shits about it. The general public by and large could care less, but to those in any way affected by the big 3 it is huge news. As for how he looks, isn't that a little immature as well? Perhaps you'd like to post a photo of yourself for all of us to scrutinize?

That's a grown up reaction. People like you are simply too narrow minded to realize that the point of this story is that Ford is taking away from the workforce while continuing to take care of the execs. Do you not realize the effects that these cuts will have collectively on local economies throughout the country as well as the personal lives of the workforce? It is bigger news because it is happening in Detroit, the birthplace of automobiles. Your choice to not watch that channel again is a childish one, and I am sure they could give two shits about it. The general public by and large could care less, but to those in any way affected by the big 3 it is huge news. As for how he looks, isn't that a little immature as well? Perhaps you'd like to post a photo of yourself for all of us to scrutinize?

Well said!

Thank you, Mr. Wilson, for exposing the hypocrisy of the FORD leadership or should I say the lack there of. I am a firm believer in leading by example and this should be an eye opener for all employees and stock holders. If you follow the present leadership you can look for more wasteful expenditures. This kinda "stuff" runs down hill too. You can't talk out of the side of your mouth and expect those who are following you not to act as you do.

As a soon to be ex-employee what happens to FMC is no concern of mine. Those who remain should seriously consider who they hook their wagon to. The present leadership lives in a bubble to far removed from the average consumer. I have said it before and repeat it again here. They are to timid to lead, to slow to follow and to stupid to get out of the way. Until FMC gets rid of the bean counters and replaces them with some "car guys", I am suspect of their every move.

The money spent, on weekly trips to wherever, would be far better spent on hiring the best design and engineering people available. In charge of this group would be someone with some vision and an eye for what is appealing. The products FMC has been putting out are so mundane and watered down, in an attempt, to try to appeal to everyone. When you try to please everyone you become so diluted that that you end up pleasing no one.

While Mr. Fields galivants around the country, I am still waiting for a sub-pay check due to me October 14th. This is less than $500 take home. Now, I am not about to lose anything because of this, but it is becoming a matter of principle.

Sorry for the off topic rant. I'm done now.

Thanks Mr. Wilson for something that needed to be brought to the publics attention.

Well said, my friend

i think he needs to peddle it to fox news and/or cnn as well. i think everyone in the US needs to know how ford is LYING to its shareholders and employees. :rockon: steve wilson just has the balls to put into the publics eyes what noone wants them to see

If you want to destroy someone, you emphasize their negatives, and minimize their positives. The Ford Motor Company is as American as apple pie. Henry Ford built one of the greatest corporations in the history of America from nothing. He is the personification of "The American Dream". I am sure that there are thousands of positive things that could be said about the Ford Motor Company. I am sure that I will not hear any from Steve Wilson. He definately has an agenda. He obviously does not like the free market. I believe that he is a leftist, or maybe even worse. Ford may be going through a rough patch, but they will recover, and attain new heights. I hope that they do not forget to "reward" the ones like Steve Wilson. Maybe he thinks that he is Ralph Nader. Not! Being a whistle-blowing snitch is not an honorable profession. When I snitched on my brother, when I was a kid, he got punished, but I got punished double for snitching. Some day, he may blow the wrong whistle.

Edited by Trimdingman

Im taking my ball and going home!..............Im not playing with you anymore. I will come back when I grow up..............

NO.!!!....Wait a minute, I get it NOW!!!! Thanks Slapshot!...I am going to call my Father in law right now, and tell him that Steve Wilsons report opened my eyes to the evil ways of Ford Motor, and I am going to cancel his pin number that I got for him yesterday, so he cannot buy that new F150 now...Screw Ford, I will teach them!......Bastards!

Ya! Thats the ticket!...I will teach Ford a thing or two!...Now he will go buy That Nisson that I talked him out of............

Thank you Steve and Slapshot for showing me the way that these execs waste money!!!

Shit! Was I ever STUPID!........... Im turning on Channel 7 right now.

You can disagree with some of the attitudes until you're blue-in-the-face. This crap is the outgrowth of the "competition is good forth the consumer" mentality that opened the door and let plenty of competition for the Detroit auto companies in. More competition for the consumer also means more competition to jack up the salary bidding of the execs, just like expanding the pro ball leagues helped jack up the free agent salaries. Get over it, because it's a fact of life. More competition is good for the consumer, and good for the execs, but crappy for people like us. hourly and salaried, employee and vendor alike.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed we haven't heard a peep from the union on this?

LenA, All I was saying is we all have our opinions on what is happening at Ford and we are able to disagree on some of the things being discussed. That's how we sort through the bull and make somewhat informed decisions or voice opinions. There are many different factors that go into getting Ford into the position it's in at the present and you have mentioned some. We should all know that it's just not jetting back and forth to Florida that these exec's are able to do and it's not the only perks they are offered when hired, many we don't see and are unaware about and that is reality. But my feelings are that when those at the top say one thing and do another I wonder what else they have planned that they are not telling us. What else will be said but not followed on our end as we lose jobs and try and take care of our families? It's just sad all the way around. The greed in corporate america is out of control and when they don't produce (such as Nassar) they still float down on their golden parachutes, what is is we float down on or into?? MTPGUY :reading:

Im taking my ball and going home!..............Im not playing with you anymore. I will come back when I grow up..............

NO.!!!....Wait a minute, I get it NOW!!!! Thanks Slapshot!...I am going to call my Father in law right now, and tell him that Steve Wilsons report opened my eyes to the evil ways of Ford Motor, and I am going to cancel his pin number that I got for him yesterday, so he cannot buy that new F150 now...Screw Ford, I will teach them!......Bastards!

Ya! Thats the ticket!...I will teach Ford a thing or two!...Now he will go buy That Nisson that I talked him out of............

Thank you Steve and Slapshot for showing me the way that these execs waste money!!!

Shit! Was I ever STUPID!........... Im turning on Channel 7 right now.

YEA YEA THATS THE TICKET! "I AM IRON MAN"

LenA, All I was saying is we all have our opinions on what is happening at Ford and we are able to disagree on some of the things being discussed. That's how we sort through the bull and make somewhat informed decisions or voice opinions. There are many different factors that go into getting Ford into the position it's in at the present and you have mentioned some. We should all know that it's just not jetting back and forth to Florida that these exec's are able to do and it's not the only perks they are offered when hired, many we don't see and are unaware about and that is reality. But my feelings are that when those at the top say one thing and do another I wonder what else they have planned that they are not telling us. What else will be said but not followed on our end as we lose jobs and try and take care of our families? It's just sad all the way around. The greed in corporate america is out of control and when they don't produce (such as Nassar) they still float down on their golden parachutes, what is is we float down on or into?? MTPGUY :reading:

You and I are at the bottom of the totem pole. The people who run the company are near the top. If your name is Ford, then you are at the top, regardless of your smarts. Disgruntled auto-workers are to the top, as ants are to a picnic. Know your place. Stop tilting at windmills. They control everything. If they screw up, then the worst case scenario for us is job loss; not the end of the world. They lose much more. If you work for the auto industry, then you have to have something else going on the side. Your employment is tentative. The union will get you high wages and good benefits, but what good is that if your employer disappears?

The CAW has been trying to unionize Michelin workers in Nova Scotia. Michelin says that if the workers unionize, they will close the plants. The CAW does not care about that. If the plants close, the CAW does not lose anything. Why doesn't the CAW do what Ford is doing? Offer Michelin workers $100,000 each if the plants close because they go union.

Hey Slap,

What is your opinion on channel 4 reporting on the members who sat in the bar and drank for hours?

My point is, the Media is trying to destroy Ford...........

Any body?............Lets praise channel 4 also...............They are the almighty news media, as Steve is....

What good came out of that?..........just a thought Dude.