Ford November sales

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeesh...well, we knew the fleet sales were coming down, and it was also a hard month for trucks.

I'm concerned that I haven't seen Fusion sales over 10,000 per month for awhile now...I thought they'd get close to 20k by now.

without defending the Fusion sales performance - I do not think Hermosillo is capable of churning out 20k of Fusions alone ... it practically can produce 25k of Fus/Mil/MKZ which not only includes Canada for Fus/MKZ, but also Mexico and Brazil for Fusion.

Unless there is no more demand, Ford needs a second plant for the CD3 cars (as suggested here - Flat Rock)

Igor

Edited by igor

Yeesh...well, we knew the fleet sales were coming down, and it was also a hard month for trucks.

I'm concerned that I haven't seen Fusion sales over 10,000 per month for awhile now...I thought they'd get close to 20k by now.

I'm more concerned about the Five Hundred! Holy crap! :eek5:

it's been at around 3k for the whole year actually ... it is low .. but stable .

Igor

No, it hasn't. 75k units in 11 months is not 3k per month.

OTOH, Ford has also idled Chicago.

We would not have seen this level of decline in the past, as Ford would've shifted volume to fleets. They are not doing so.

More people bought the $180,000 GT than the Monterey minivan. Does that now classify the Monterey as an exotic car? :hysterical:

:hysterical::hysterical:

Can't say I am suprised by the numbers but for some reason analysts were predicting an increase for ford along with GM-chrylser was supposed to be one of the losers

but then again.....when you have a slight delay in shipping the edge/mkx product that does not help as well-since sales are recorded when the vehicle is shipped rather than sold retail

since sales are recorded when the vehicle is shipped rather than sold retail

That's when car companies generally book revenue (which is why Ford is expecting a pretty substantial decline in revenue this quarter commensurate with a 21% drop in production).

However sales reported are sales to end users, not dealers.

Can't say I am suprised by the numbers but for some reason analysts were predicting an increase for ford along with GM-chrylser was supposed to be one of the losers

but then again.....when you have a slight delay in shipping the edge/mkx product that does not help as well-since sales are recorded when the vehicle is shipped rather than sold retail

Chrysler seems to be shipping but not selling. I think this will reflect in their future numbers since there is nowhere left to put anything unless they start giving them away.

FWIW - My parents are looking at Fusions, 500s and Freestyles. Our dealer hardly has any 500s or Freestyles on the lot but there must be a hundred Fusions to choose from. That tells me there isn't a production problem for the Fusion and Ford isn't letting 500s and Freestyles build up on dealer lots prior to the refresh.

I am concerned with the Fusion, The Freestyle, and the 500.

The sales of those three are nothing but completely dismal at best.

What is happening really?

But what do you expect when Ford doesn't even try to advertise what they have? I mean all I see is utter and complete crap for commercials that everyone agrees are down right stupid. Like the guy going to the airport to pick up the person who will interview him............dumb dumb dumb. Someone needs to cut the advertising firm loose and get some new blood. I just can't believe how absolutely terrible everysingle commercial ford puts out is. The mustang one with the father and son was good, but then again the mustang wasn't in desperate need of advertising, their new cars are and it is like ford wants to go bankrupt with probably the worst advertising out of any other automaker.

It is nice to see Volvo Stabalize, they have been posting 10% declines month after month for almost a year, along with the new c30 next year they should improve.

Is this the first time Ever Ford is Fourth in Auto sales for a month?

1. Obviously will be GM

2. Toyota with 192k

3. Chrysler with 186k

4. Ford with 182k

Edited by DCK

That's when car companies generally book revenue (which is why Ford is expecting a pretty substantial decline in revenue this quarter commensurate with a 21% drop in production).

However sales reported are sales to end users, not dealers.

you know as I was typing that I thought I may be wrong...thanks for the clarification

Scary, scary, scary.

- The D3's are all a mess. A nice package held back by ho-hum styling and power. Hopefully the '08 refreshes are substantial enough to make people look at them.

- Odd to see the Fusion stabilizing in the 9000's. There has to be a story behind why this is. Meanwhile the Milan and MKZ are doing pretty well considering what used to be in L-M showrooms.

- The new XK continues to do pretty well, but yeeeesh, the rest of Jag's numbers look HORRIBLE. The XK is SUPPOSED to be their low-volume vehicle.

- Looks like a few continuous losers are recovering a bit though. The Expedition and Navigator have certainly rebounded somewhat. Good to see Volvo stabilizing also.

- Land Rover has been the only complete bright spot in the Ford portfolio this year and even they were down a bit from last year. The new LR2 should help the brand immensely from a volume perspective.

Land Rover's success cannot be overlooked in the recovery of Jaguar. With Ford combining LR-Jag dealers nationwide, I think the long-term health of one will rely on the health of the other. Once Jaguar is back on its feet, I see LR-Jag almost becoming sort of a single brand in the mind of their buyers. They will be sold and serviced side-by-side almost everywhere you can buy one which hopefully will lead to a lot of cross-shopping. For example: when an XJ owner decides he wants an SUV or if a Range Rover owner decides he wants a luxury sedan. Hopefully they will look to the other brand first before considering the competition.

BOY! Ford's in a funk. :rant:

I'm not that worried about CD3 sales, if you total all three models together you get ~200K+ units a year. I know Ford has lower sales expectations for Fusion (thought I saw at one point 120K units a year, which it has exceeded this year) and I'm also assuming that means that they designed the car that it can be profitable at those sales numbers.

The thing that is hurting Ford now is the cost of doing business and they need to shrink in size so they can be profitable with selling less. I rather see a smaller Ford that is profitable on what it sells to the market vs. dumping cars into fleet sales for market share.

DCX and Toyota both outsell Ford and F-series way down.

Bluecon is right again.

"Ford said its sales fell 9.6% to 182,259 cars and trucks, placing it behind both Toyota and DaimlerChrysler in terms of U.S. unit sales. Wall Street had been looking for positive results considering November 2005's depleted numbers.

"There were a few bright spots at the retail level," said George Pipas, Ford's top sales analyst, in a conference call. "But overall, our expectations for the month were higher."

Ford's car side showed a 2.6% retreat while truck sales fell 12.9%. The flagship F-Series truck, the nation's best-selling vehicle, saw its sales fall 16.1% to 52,727 units."

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Stor...amp;siteid=yhoo

Edited by Bluecon

On the upside, availability of the Sport Trac has made a difference in YTD sales numbers for the Explorer. Interesting how sales of the Mountaineer are not off by much

DCX and Toyota both outsell Ford and F-series way down.

Bluecon is right again.

"Ford said its sales fell 9.6% to 182,259 cars and trucks, placing it behind both Toyota and DaimlerChrysler in terms of U.S. unit sales. Wall Street had been looking for positive results considering November 2005's depleted numbers.

"There were a few bright spots at the retail level," said George Pipas, Ford's top sales analyst, in a conference call. "But overall, our expectations for the month were higher."

Ford's car side showed a 2.6% retreat while truck sales fell 12.9%. The flagship F-Series truck, the nation's best-selling vehicle, saw its sales fall 16.1% to 52,727 units."

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Stor...amp;siteid=yhoo

1) So, did the Chevy Silverado outsell the F-Series this month?

2) DCX HAS to sell those cars, either sell 'em or scrap 'em.

Long term DCX is doing themselves more harm, than they're doing to Ford, GM, or anyone else.

On the upside, availability of the Sport Trac has made a difference in YTD sales numbers for the Explorer. Interesting how sales of the Mountaineer are not off by much

1) So, did the Chevy Silverado outsell the F-Series this month?

Chevy and GMC pickup sales about 65k, Ford F-Series about 52k.

2) DCX HAS to sell those cars, either sell 'em or scrap 'em.

Long term DCX is doing themselves more harm, than they're doing to Ford, GM, or anyone else.

Ford is just smoothly sailing along. HA! HA!

I asked if the SILVERADO outsold the F-Series.

What was your answer to that, again?

What is the relevance of that question?

F-series barely outsold the Silverado and was soundly thumped by the GM pickups.

Dodge pickup sales were also up.

Get it over with and start that 'Bluecon was right again' thread

Edited by Bluecon

Land Rover's success cannot be overlooked in the recovery of Jaguar. With Ford combining LR-Jag dealers nationwide, I think the long-term health of one will rely on the health of the other. Once Jaguar is back on its feet, I see LR-Jag almost becoming sort of a single brand in the mind of their buyers. They will be sold and serviced side-by-side almost everywhere you can buy one which hopefully will lead to a lot of cross-shopping. For example: when an XJ owner decides he wants an SUV or if a Range Rover owner decides he wants a luxury sedan. Hopefully they will look to the other brand first before considering the competition.

I didn't know they were combining Landrover and Jaguar dealerships, I think that is a good move IMO.