Super Duty order bank?????

driveshaftgrunt

I know we're ahead of schedule on starting production, but 38,000 seems low.

Are the orders not higher because the truck wasn't supposed to be out until next month?

Is everyone waiting to see how much better/more capable this model is?

Oh for the days of 70,000 in the Order Bank.................. :violin:

Yeah, it was awesome waiting 9 1/2 months for my 99 :)

Are the orders not higher because the truck wasn't supposed to be out until next month?

Remeber the excursion the company forced 100000 on the dealers and they sat for lnog periods, this time It looks as though the company will relax the force and ease into it. We need to get to where we can build the thing without leaks. It looks gereat but the troubles are too many right now.

It could be a lot of people are saying, "In 03 and 04 Ford let me pay $40,000 to become a member of the Research and Development team for the 6.0. This time around, I believe I'll just sit the R&D out and let someone else do that."

I think people want to see several someone elses with 70,000 to 90,000 miles on these.

Skipper

It could be a lot of people are saying, "In 03 and 04 Ford let me pay $40,000 to become a member of the Research and Development team for the 6.0. This time around, I believe I'll just sit the R&D out and let someone else do that."

I think people want to see several someone elses with 70,000 to 90,000 miles on these.

Skipper

go away troll

Well, it's been all over the news and auto magazines, people are downsizing their vehicles. buying explorers and excapes instead of excursions and expeditions. rangers and 150's instead of 250 and 350's.

unless you have a business need for the sd capacity, why spend the money on fuel?

I would buy a new Ka if ford would bring it here.

Well, it's been all over the news and auto magazines, people are downsizing their vehicles. buying explorers and excapes instead of excursions and expeditions. rangers and 150's instead of 250 and 350's.

unless you have a business need for the sd capacity, why spend the money on fuel?

I would buy a new Ka if ford would bring it here.

F-350 will do splendidly. To many of us boomers have something to tow, and no Toyoty or Hondoo can do it. I fully expect it to do BETTER than the last one, since within 6 months of the 6.0 being launched, everyone who knew anything about trucks seen there was a problem.

Many held off for a couple of years due to this, and are just waiting to see if this NEW engine will perform as advertised.

They didn't sell their boats, campers, 5th wheels, and horse trailers, they just don't go as far. Everyone is waiting, if you build it right, and the new Powerstroke is reasonably bullitt proof, they will come and you will be extremely tired from all the overtime!

F-350 will do splendidly. To many of us boomers have something to tow, and no Toyoty or Hondoo can do it. I fully expect it to do BETTER than the last one, since within 6 months of the 6.0 being launched, everyone who knew anything about trucks seen there was a problem.

Many held off for a couple of years due to this, and are just waiting to see if this NEW engine will perform as advertised.

They didn't sell their boats, campers, 5th wheels, and horse trailers, they just don't go as far. Everyone is waiting, if you build it right, and the new Powerstroke is reasonably bullitt proof, they will come and you will be extremely tired from all the overtime!

I really hope people are taking a wait-and-see attitude.

I'm sure Ford expected a higher initial order bank.

With SOOO many people wanting to transfer to KTP, and with us hoping to keep 3 shifts.............a sub-40,000 order bank just might not get it.

Yeah, 30,000 does seem a bit low......but then again, it's not supposed to hit the sales lots for anotherweek yet. If it's so ugly how did it get voted "Truck of Texas"?

We'll wait and see what happens....I am just not getting my hopes too high just yet. I am kinda anxious to see how well the new F450 with the Pickup Box and the supposedly better'n 20K towing capacity does though!

Take that,Tundra/Tacoma/Titan, Whatever.

Maybe people are waiting on pricing?

Getting into a new engine is scary enough. Not knowing how much it's going to cost to get into it would be worse.

People WILL buy the new SD series. Give it time, people probably are waiting for pricing. Check out the Ford website.....the new SD series offers some nice options that are not avaliable on any other truck in the same market.

There will always be a need for more power (Rachers, sportsmen, etc.) :redcard: