The 2008 Cadillac CTS

DCK

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM tried pretty hard with those pics, it looks terrible in them, like an oversized BLS.

Interior looks good, reminds me of the Sebring for some reason. Other than the gauges (don't fit the overall theme) it's a nice effort I guess.

Edit: Yeah, looks better in that edmunds link.

Edited by pcsario

Those angles are W-R-O-N-G! As blocky as the CTS is there should have been more straight on shots of the car, because it really does not work well with the huge grille the CTS sports.

The interior is a bit of a disappointment though. I expected GM to go all out, and they stumbled a bit. 100x's better than what we have now, but nothing that shold cause the folks at Audi/BMW to sweat.

Awesome engine choices. Lincoln could use a vehicle like this (well more like the IS), adding more refinement to the MKZ over the years would allow the fitment of a smaller RWD 4 door sports car.

I don't know. It doesn't particularly set my world on fire. Looks like a very logical update of the current CTS, with a much-improved interior. The engines are a nice feature of the car, and the CTS-V will be absolutely insane once it debuts. It just seemed like a very hyped car, that turned out to be a nice, but not game-changing update.

CTS has been a real winner for Caddy and GM. It brings in a LOT of buyers who would never have thought to look at a domestic at this price point and many are very happy with the content/price relationship, more so than the entry level Acura's and Lexus they have come from.

And if you have not driven a V series , you have missed a big demarcation in domestic luxury. Although it is a digital type of car(SVT was much more analogue), it is a complete package and this update was very focused on returning and expanding the current CTS customer. There is really only one real competitor to this, and it is the Infinity.

Big sales here, and Ford and DCx have nothing to fight with. Still. For some time to come if ever.

Caddy is leading GM's turnaround, as it should as the premium brand. By the time Ford figures it out with Lincoln, the fight will be over as the Lexus and Acura take their positions in this market. If I decide my new Cayman is to much for every day, the V is on my short list again. Especially as there is a rumoured forced induction system out there....

Guilt free luxury(and performance!) indeed. Any guilt is placed squarely in Dearborn on product failing, er planning.

Short term solution for Ford? There isn't one.

Edited by JETSOLVER

I have to admit, When I posted this thread it was pretty clear it would be bashed here.

This place is far worst than Toyota Nation.

Styling is subjective if you don't like it no prob. But to the fools who compare it to the Ford SUV redesigns and the 500 refresh.............I mean who are you kidding, your nothing but a biased fool.

That's because the Five Hundred is a minor facelift.

Anybody with two eyes and a functioning brain should be able to see that this is much more than a facelift.

Not a very nice one to boot, I perfer the outgoing CTS to this overstyled POS

Also I'm not keen on the new 500 front end, the Focus is a huge improvement over what it was overall, but the styling could be better, but I like it from what I saw.

I have to admit, When I posted this thread it was pretty clear it would be bashed here.

This place is far worst than Toyota Nation.

Styling is subjective if you don't like it no prob. But to the fools who compare it to the Ford SUV redesigns and the 500 refresh.............I mean who are you kidding, your nothing but a biased fool.

I agree. Write "overstyled POS" in the new Focus topic and watch the reactions.

BUBUBU WYH TEH NEGATIVITY???? DONT U HAV ANYTIHGN GOOD 2 SAY???

Hilarious double standards from silvrsvt and Co.

They like to dish it, but can't take it. No more complaning now.

Edited by pcsario

Wow. I had almost forgotten how craptastic the previous CTS interior was. The interior improvements alone should go a long way on selling more of these.

Agreed, other than the engine, the interior is possibly the most important aspect of any car to close the sale.

x08ca_ct012.jpg

33.jpg

They both did a decent job.

Edited by pcsario

CTS has been a real winner for Caddy and GM. It brings in a LOT of buyers who would never have thought to look at a domestic at this price point and many are very happy with the content/price relationship, more so than the entry level Acura's and Lexus they have come from.

Short term solution for Ford? There isn't one.

I think to some extent the Zephyr/MKZ is doing the same thing for Lincoln. I don't think it is as much about having the highest performance and content but the affordable luxury image bling factor. The MKZ looks like it could be a RWD V8 powered luxury sedan but it doesn't perform like one. Also, people buying companion vehicles who like their Navigators.

If Cadillac was pumping out a FWD CTS based on a Malibu/Aura/G6 and selling it at a lower price or selling the BLS here in the US, they would probably sell more or as many as a CTS and CTS sales would probably tank. I think all that matters to its buyers is that it is a Cadillac and is a sedan companion to the Escalade. The STS is invisible and the DTS is for the same casket riding people who buy the Grand Marquis and Town Car.

Wow :drop: the new CTS looks amazing. I absolutely hate the exterior/interior of the current generation CTS, but this car looks sooo much better. I can't wait to see what happens to the STS. I think we have to see that comparison again.

CADILLAC_cts.jpg

cadillaccts12vv9.jpg