is this the 2009 F150?

igor

Wow... well as a drawing that looks nice.

Probably doesn't look good in person, I recall everyone being disappointed with this in the flesh.

got that in writing?

Check autoblog and other places where there's evidence of the people who broke the NDA.

It was a let down.

The current F150 is a looker so it doesn't matter that much if they pretty much look the same in the end.

I also remember reading quite a few reviews of the F150 at the "Showroom of the Future" where people said it was disappointing. I don't recall a single positive comment.

The people who do those wonderful airbrushed sketches for magazines are often better designers than the ones at Ford...

If the truck in that sketch were built, it would have 28" wheels and tiny windows. It would look cool, but not be very practical.

Edited by NLPRacing

Isn't the F-150 suppose to receive a total sheet metal upgrade (or so Mark Fields promised)? The rendering looks like a new fascia, that's it. It's a very reasonable extrapolation based upon Ford design direction...it actually looks oddly authentic and believable unlike most artist conceptions.

Isn't the F-150 suppose to receive a total sheet metal upgrade (or so Mark Fields promised)? The rendering looks like a new fascia, that's it. It's a very reasonable extrapolation based upon Ford design direction...it actually looks oddly authentic and believable unlike most artist conceptions.

No, Mark Fields was as disgusted as the people who went to the SOTF thing. All he could do was approve some changes in the side sheetmetal, mostly some new creases or something like that.

Dunno if that ultimately went through or not.

Remember the artists early renditions of the 500/Montego? They were sketches of good-looking cars....but when the real thing was built, we got the current baboon-ass ugly 500/Montego.

Don't trust artists renditions.

ehm ... the FH and Montego sketches were IDENTICAL to the production vehicle ... with slightly more realistic proportions, but nothing else ...

175.jpg

Igor

ehm ... the FH and Montego sketches were IDENTICAL to the production vehicle ... with slightly more realistic proportions, but nothing else ...

175.jpg

Igor

That's not the rendition I recall looking at,however,your rendition above is a lot better looking than the real thing.

2005Ford500_1801_SM.jpg

there goes the sales crown. it's Nissan ugly.

Well, very close in idea...it's nowhere near nissan (nor toyota) ugle

thanks Derek .. was it at least a little bit less ugly than the rendering by pcsario?

Yeah it looked good in person. I think it did not get good reviews from the SOTF because people were expecting a lot more to be done to the body. Lets just say if you like the looks of the current one, you'll like the new one.

Well, very close in idea...it's nowhere near nissan (nor toyota) ugle

Yeah it looked good in person. I think it did not get good reviews from the SOTF because people were expecting a lot more to be done to the body. Lets just say if you like the looks of the current one, you'll like the new one.

If what you are saying is true and the supercrew front doors are the size of the supercab front doors, then this will be our next new Ford.

This is what I have waited for, the s-crew front doors are so little that when you are tall all you see is door pillar when you look to the side. Also, the current trucks is sluggish and under powered. Funny how the same engine in the Expedition seems spirited with plenty of power behind a more responsive transmission.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look anything like that. It looks like a lame refresh of the current model. Don't buy into the hype, the P415 is NOT all-new. The new code and all-new statements are legal requirements so Ford could break existing supplier contracts to re-source components at a lower price. Frankly, I was very disappointed with the revised F-Seires.

If the body panels carry over like the Explorer, then I see your argument. If they are different, then it is all-new.

Well get ready for an disappointment. the new version sucks ( especially the KR version ) compared to the competition.

But then again, I don't believe and hope ford showed us the real thing at the SOTF event.

Edited by J2D

Unfortunately, it doesn't look anything like that. It looks like a lame refresh of the current model. Don't buy into the hype, the P415 is NOT all-new. The new code and all-new statements are legal requirements so Ford could break existing supplier contracts to re-source components at a lower price. Frankly, I was very disappointed with the revised F-Seires.

So, since you have seen it, what are the changes???? :stirpot: I have heard new powertrains, 6 speed auto. Also bigger supercrew, do to use of supercab front door. Look at the Super Duty, it came out looking good, F-150 is even more refreshed than it. So how can you say its a lame refresh, your opinion I guess, since you have seen it. Bet it has all new front end to A-pillar (new fenders, hood and character lines). More of a change than Super Duty I bet.I bet interior is all new also. :hyper:

Edited by kalu

DD: Are they letting out any info on the 6.2L for the new f-150 specifically will it be a DOHC and am wondering if the spark plug problem will be addressed, know you probably can't let anything out though???

we did not even have a 6.2 to work with, so I don't know of any info on it. There is another build coming up in March, hopefully I get to go back.