Farewell Lincoln LT

People who rip the Mark LT obviously don't understand it's role or why it was created.

It was simply a way to give Lincoln dealers more products to sell after the lame duck LS tanked and had to be killed early. This is the same reason the Zephyr was rushed to market - it was supposed to debut a year later as the MKZ with the 3.5L V6 but they needed something to sell.

Now they have the MKS and MKX so they don't need the Mark LT anymore. It served its purpose well.

• 1 month later...

i had my '06 lt for almost 2 years and i loved it. it did have its own look even if the differences were minor. i never had a car get more compliments than my dark toreador red mark lt got. i found that older people really liked as well as young people. now i have an '08 vapor silver navigator and I have not recieved half the compliments the lt used to get. i would have loved a new mark lt based on the new f -150, but ford took that option away. i would never go to a ford platinum from the lincoln, but that' s just my taste. i like the lincoln name and image better. i grew up and always liked lincolns, but now they are making it harder to stay loyal.cheers

• 2 months later...