Mulally to work at a Ford Dealership

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that is fantastic, starting to fully respect this guy completely, that is a totally PRO-active. What I have been preaching for years is the huge void between the "Decision making cronies" and the guys in the trenches doing the grunt work.."The salespeople" They are far too removed from one another. I wonder if he will do his 30-40 tests first though....he MUST be certified...hahahaha

Edited by Deanh

His first order of business will be to deny a warranty claim for a leaking 4.6 intake manifold.

Mulally needs to visit a certain Ford dealership in Charlotte that still operates like it is 1970. Then he needs to go to a Honda, Toyota and Saturn dealer and see what good service is really like.

So are they gonna keep making him drive a Taurus? Will that be his demo?

All I can say is the people at Ford should not be making cars they would not be seen driving and owning for themselves...

Edited by Watchdevil

Well he must have negotiated multi-million dollar contracts at Boeing. What if he actually sells a car does he get the comission or what? It sounds like a dog and pony show to me...Probably never had to deal with peons before.

Nothing at all to do at all with that...it should give him a first hand perspective on the objections ( aka lost deals etc ) encountered by sales personnel, objections that could potentially be semi rectified at a corporate level and potentially help burgeoning sales...ie WAY too many ways of ordering vehicles...roofs, navigation, DVD systems...different mirrors, etc etc ....

I really hope that's the day that someone in service freaks out. These Ford dealership service "advisors" are :censored: holes and were Nazi prison camp guards in a past life.

I really hope he sees how these "salesmen" are really piranha that feed on anything that moves, leaving nothing but your empty soul.

So pretty much yeah, I been to a Ford Dealership before, and t3h sux0r.

I really hope that's the day that someone in service freaks out. These Ford dealership service "advisors" are :censored: holes and were Nazi prison camp guards in a past life.

I really hope he sees how these "salesmen" are really piranha that feed on anything that moves, leaving nothing but your empty soul.

So pretty much yeah, I been to a Ford Dealership before, and t3h sux0r.

hear hear...and it is ALWAYS either the sales persons or Service advisors fault too...ALWAYS

"Mulally's plans to work in a dealership came up during his conversations with Ford dealers, and was not something he went to the convention planning to do. She said for that reason, there is still no time or dealer set for when he will work as salesman on the floor."

Working as a salesman for a day is not going to cut it. Working as a service manager for a day is not going to cut it. Working as a parts manager for a day is not going to cut it. Working as an F & I manager for a day is not going to cut it. Working as a sales manager for a day is not going to cut it. Working as a warranty administrator for a day is not going to cut it. Working as a tech for a day is not going to cut it.

Am i making this clear enough for you Mr Mulally? Pick any of the above positions and work it for at least 6 months and you might get the smallest of clues. Then move on to the next position for 6 months, then move on again until you have worked at every level of the Ford dealership. If you are not willing to do this then get Ford back to doing what they used to do best building vehicles, and eliminate the corporate Ford portion of F.M.C. that thinks it knows better how to (micro) manage a dealership than the dealership employees. Eliminate the kickback programs to the dealers, eliminate the IMA program, Eliminate the "Idle Inventory" program, eliminate SLTS, pressure the Ford dealerships to pay ALL employees hourly, eliminate flatrate, commision,salary. If an employee can't or won't or isn't willing to pull their weight they get fired.

"Mulally's plans to work in a dealership came up during his conversations with Ford dealers, and was not something he went to the convention planning to do. She said for that reason, there is still no time or dealer set for when he will work as salesman on the floor."

Working as a salesman for a day is not going to cut it. Working as a service manager for a day is not going to cut it. Working as a parts manager for a day is not going to cut it. Working as an F & I manager for a day is not going to cut it. Working as a sales manager for a day is not going to cut it. Working as a warranty administrator for a day is not going to cut it. Working as a tech for a day is not going to cut it.

Am i making this clear enough for you Mr Mulally? Pick any of the above positions and work it for at least 6 months and you might get the smallest of clues. Then move on to the next position for 6 months, then move on again until you have worked at every level of the Ford dealership. If you are not willing to do this then get Ford back to doing what they used to do best building vehicles, and eliminate the corporate Ford portion of F.M.C. that thinks it knows better how to (micro) manage a dealership than the dealership employees. Eliminate the kickback programs to the dealers, eliminate the IMA program, Eliminate the "Idle Inventory" program, eliminate SLTS, pressure the Ford dealerships to pay ALL employees hourly, eliminate flatrate, commision,salary. If an employee can't or won't or isn't willing to pull their weight they get fired.

At least a month is what I say...at least give him a taste of reality....but on the flip side at least he IS doing something positive rather than nothing...

A month isn't long enough, take my word for it.

I totally agree, it may just be to suffice the dealer base and get some PR, who knows...BUT for once someone at Ford isn't sitting on their a$$ and are actually being semi pro-active....I'v never seen this before...

oh YEAH, I'm lovin' this.

Mulally spends over a month working at a dealership?

Great idea. Why not have him spend the next two years on an assembly line, just so he gets a feel for it.

Meanwhile, he can just find some guy down at Labor Ready to do all the CEO stuff.

Don't joke, Ford may just try it :hysterical:

Edited by jpd80