F-100

Blue II

Unit body F100. Somebody shoot Mark Fields.

I'll supply the lead....but then again here we go...TWO products competing against each other..either F100 OR Sports-trac...there is NO need for both really, so save the bux and make a standout product...Sport-tracs aren't moving either...

I'll supply the lead....but then again here we go...TWO products competing against each other..either F100 OR Sports-trac...there is NO need for both really, so save the bux and make a standout product...Sport-tracs aren't moving either...

Explorers as a whole aren't moving like they used to. Since Ford doesn't break down Sport Trac sales vs standard Explorers, how can you really know how well it's moving or not moving?

I would tend to agree though that a unit body pickup has no place in Ford's pickup lineup. Can't they just build a freakin new body-on-frame RANGER and be done with it? They obviously know how to build trucks. Just DO IT!!!

Explorers as a whole aren't moving like they used to. Since Ford doesn't break down Sport Trac sales vs standard Explorers, how can you really know how well it's moving or not moving?

I would tend to agree though that a unit body pickup has no place in Ford's pickup lineup. Can't they just build a freakin new body-on-frame RANGER and be done with it? They obviously know how to build trucks. Just DO IT!!!

I know how well it is moving by lloking out onto the lot and checking days in stock.....ARGGGGGG! Still get Explorer requests but everyone has cut back on their allocations and inventory....have had ZIP requests on the Trac...

I know how well it is moving by lloking out onto the lot and checking days in stock.....ARGGGGGG! Still get Explorer requests but everyone has cut back on their allocations and inventory....have had ZIP requests on the Trac...

the F100 sounds like an interesting Ranger replacement....but body on frame is a must, AND bump up it's size a tad...AND make a crew cab, a LONG bed Supercab and a basic worktruck with a heavier payload.....NO King Ranch's please....and for gods sake refine the drivetrains....

and for gods sake refine the drivetrains....

If there's one thing I've still got confidence in Ford to execute well, it's their drivetrains.

The Duratecs surely hold their own and Ford seems pretty well primed to start offering some nifty features like direct injection and turbos on them soon. The Boss program, while plenty past due, is at least finally right around the corner. It seems almost confirmed at this point as well that a diesel or two will be making their way into the truck line soon also. Throw in a batch of new 6-speed automatics and away we go! :happy feet:

My biggest question mark is the styling.

the F100 sounds like an interesting Ranger replacement....but body on frame is a must, AND bump up it's size a tad...AND make a crew cab, a LONG bed Supercab and a basic worktruck with a heavier payload.....NO King Ranch's please....and for gods sake refine the drivetrains....

I think you've just described the F-150?

If there's one thing I've still got confidence in Ford to execute well, it's their drivetrains.

The Duratecs surely hold their own and Ford seems pretty well primed to start offering some nifty features like direct injection and turbos on them soon. The Boss program, while plenty past due, is at least finally right around the corner. It seems almost confirmed at this point as well that a diesel or two will be making their way into the truck line soon also. Throw in a batch of new 6-speed automatics and away we go! :happy feet:

My biggest question mark is the styling.

2.3 cant get out of its own way but seems to run forever, 3.0 is ok but long in the tooth, the 4.0 is just a plain old gas guzzler that I cant beleive is the same engine that does great in the Explorer, I had a 4.0 4x4 Ranger, the gas consumption was the same as an F-15 supercab 4x4 5.4 I had which it replaced ( BIG mistake ) probably because the damn thing couldn't get out of it's own way and my foot was to the floor half the time...

2.3 cant get out of its own way but seems to run forever, 3.0 is ok but long in the tooth, the 4.0 is just a plain old gas guzzler that I cant beleive is the same engine that does great in the Explorer, I had a 4.0 4x4 Ranger, the gas consumption was the same as an F-15 supercab 4x4 5.4 I had which it replaced ( BIG mistake ) probably because the damn thing couldn't get out of it's own way and my foot was to the floor half the time...

Well, the 2.3 just isn't quite up to task in the Ranger simply because of its size. It does fine in smaller vehicles like the Fusion and Focus. By the time the Ranger's replacement arrives, it would be pretty safe to assume that the 3.0 and 4.0 will be distant memories too, which is why I didn't bother mentioning them. If the Ranger grows in size any, I doubt they'd bother offering a 4 cylinder of any sort in it either, unless it had forced induction.

Well, the 2.3 just isn't quite up to task in the Ranger simply because of its size. It does fine in smaller vehicles like the Fusion and Focus. By the time the Ranger's replacement arrives, it would be pretty safe to assume that the 3.0 and 4.0 will be distant memories too, which is why I didn't bother mentioning them. If the Ranger grows in size any, I doubt they'd bother offering a 4 cylinder of any sort in it either, unless it had forced induction.

F100/ Ranger Lightning...LOL! Hey...actually doesn't sound too bad...was flummuxed that they ditched the Adrennalin.....

+1.

I thought it would be way more logical than a new Lightning.

would have out Cycloned the Cyclone....insted the beancounters got involved ( for reasons beyond me and probably logical ) and gave us stuff like the Taurus X instead...HAHAHAHAHA! may they all drive Yugos...

midsize platform called f100 bigger than ranger, smaller than f150 - based on current explorer platform

when the explorer goes unibody take the platform and make a two door SUV called Bronco, add 4 door version called Bronco EL.

ranger goes unibody with explorer - who needs a real frame on a ranger?

and throw a little ranchero on the side if they ever bring the falcon and ute over.

thoughts?

midsize platform called f100 bigger than ranger, smaller than f150 - based on current explorer platform

when the explorer goes unibody take the platform and make a two door SUV called Bronco, add 4 door version called Bronco EL.

ranger goes unibody with explorer - who needs a real frame on a ranger?

and throw a little ranchero on the side if they ever bring the falcon and ute over.

thoughts?

liking the thinking.....as for tha Ranchero...Aussie has it, it is called the Falcon ute. 2 Door Bronco or Bronco II based on the Ranger...people LOVED their 2 drs. Bronco EL ....isn't that the Expedition? ....

F-15 Supercab? You mean the F-15E Strike Eagle? Man that would be bad fuel consumption! :)