About this Taurus thing....

DoubleD

Ford is offering an enlarged 260 hp V6, revised styling, and a well-known and respected model name for its big sedan. GM, on the other hand, is bringing this:

pontiac_g8_gt_show_car.jpg

RWD and 360+ hp.

Hope the guys at the Ford still have the templates for all those incentive checks, cause I'm thinking they're gonna need'em.

What do those hood scoops do??? They look plugged.

Rounded over roofline looks stolen off the Taurus!

I am sure every family on the block just HAS to have 360HP. Is this car equipped with anything more then a V6 going to sell for the same price as the Taurus??? It's not like a 260HP V6 won't make the Taurus go fine for 95% of family car customers.

What kind of fuel economy will this 360HP model get? You know Hemi's are not all the rage like they were a couple of years ago. I just don't see how the Taurus is even designed to compete with this car. If they are going to go against this then the would need something like the Interceptor.

Although....HMMMM....an AWD Taurus SHO with a twin-turbo Duratec 3.7 might be a VERY interesting competitor with better MPG's and you don't even have to deal with the silly "boy racer" styling from Pontiac. :happy feet:

Edited by 2005Explorer

Ford can earn my business when im ready to buy a new car in about 2 or 3 years. Too bad i dont know if they will bring the Oz Falcon over here. Ford does not make a passenger car that I will buy nowadays. Im 25, proud owner of 3 Ford Vehicles. A 2004 Ford Ranger and two Ford cars. Its a shame for them that the cars im so proud of are not anything they have made since the late 60s.

Hey Ford - theres a group of us out there that would like a midsize RWD vehicle with a performance edge that is NOT a Mustang. Being a male in the mid/late 20s id love to get my hands on something that has a little more room than a Focus and none of the effeminate edge of it. I also would like a car that has a strong perfomance background but is not "just another Mustang". What else does Ford have right now in the US lineup that fills that void? nothing. I have had my Ranger for less than a year (sure, bought used from Keystone Ford) but when i was shopping, i didnt find a Ford product that met that need. the closest thing they had? A Crown Vic with the Sport package. Its a little bigger than id want as a daily driver though, and at the time, i really didnt want to drop 30K on a used one.

oh well, come '08 or '09 i will be ready to buy again. Will there be a Falcon XR6 or a Pursuit waiting for me at the dealer? hmm

What do those hood scoops do??? They look plugged.

Rounded over roofline looks stolen off the Taurus!

I am sure every family on the block just HAS to have 360HP. Is this car equipped with anything more then a V6 going to sell for the same price as the Taurus??? It's not like a 260HP V6 won't make the Taurus go fine for 95% of family car customers.

What kind of fuel economy will this 360HP model get? You know Hemi's are not all the rage like they were a couple of years ago. I just don't see how the Taurus is even designed to compete with this car. If they are going to go against this then the would need something like the Interceptor.

Although....HMMMM....an AWD Taurus SHO with a twin-turbo Duratec 3.7 might be a VERY interesting competitor with better MPG's and you don't even have to deal with the silly "boy racer" styling from Pontiac. :happy feet:

Exactly, to all of the above!

the rims on that pontiac are sweet.

You'll never see the Taurus do that.

I dont understand why any time a car gets some balls people call it "boy racer" that title belongs to honda civics and scion tCs with stupid wings on the back.

i do say no to non functional hood scoops though.

Lol, that Holden.

Get ready to be disspointed. that car has a reliability record of a Daewoo. Oh wait that's because it's full of Daewoo parts.

It's a pos on steriods.

Huh? You DO realize this is a brand new car this year from the ground up, don't you? How can you say anything about the reliability of a brand new model? And where do you get the Daewoo thing from?

Huh? You DO realize this is a brand new car this year from the ground up, don't you? How can you say anything about the reliability of a brand new model? And where do you get the Daewoo thing from?

if iam not mistaken these are being built in Australia, since its just a holden with pontiac stuff... its not that brand new...

From my stinking Holden that's full of Korean and Mexican parts, and mine is a 2000 model.
You should look under the hood of the new Fords. If you see a relay that says Tyco on it, it was made(rather poorly) in Juarez Mexico. I know, I had to train the little turds when they came up here to learn our production methods. They were untrainable. All they wanted to know was where to get some weed and where was the whorehouse.

For a long time 90% of their work had to be redone. Most of the finished parts were stored in a warehouse with birdshit on everything.

You should look under the hood of the new Fords. If you see a relay that says Tyco on it, it was made(rather poorly) in Juarez Mexico. I know, I had to train the little turds when they came up here to learn our production methods. They were untrainable. All they wanted to know was where to get some weed and where was the whorehouse.

For a long time 90% of their work had to be redone. Most of the finished parts were stored in a warehouse with birdshit on everything.

XFD. Those are relays.

I am talking about the whole engine when saying 'Mexican parts'. Fucking LS1 needs to heat up when it's 50 Centigrades out there.

Maybe the Pontiac is a "boy racer" style-wise (that's debatable, but to each his own). The issue is, Ford has *never* and likely will never bring the Aussie Falcon, or the European Focus, or any of its premier other market cars to the US (and don't start about the Merkur - that was a fuster-cluck from the moment they coined that horrible name and pulled the V6 in favor of the turbo 4 banger). GM is doing a much better job leveraging its global strengths right now; Ford better start walking the walk about being a global company or they will continue to fade away. Fortunately, I think Mullaly realizes this - whether he has enough time to truly leverage Ford's strengths is an open question.

Maybe the Pontiac is a "boy racer" style-wise (that's debatable, but to each his own). The issue is, Ford has *never* and likely will never bring the Aussie Falcon, or the European Focus, or any of its premier other market cars to the US (and don't start about the Merkur - that was a fuster-cluck from the moment they coined that horrible name and pulled the V6 in favor of the turbo 4 banger). GM is doing a much better job leveraging its global strengths right now; Ford better start walking the walk about being a global company or they will continue to fade away. Fortunately, I think Mullaly realizes this - whether he has enough time to truly leverage Ford's strengths is an open question.

i agree. id love a Turbo I6 Falcon XR6.

and hey, its not too 'Boy Racer' either. at least i dont think so.

1613_7mg.jpg