MKS spied?

igor

OK GMI has a member that came across a fully camoed sedan, and wight now we are all debating what it is ..

the debate goes between:

GM Zeta sedan

GM EpsylonII LaCrosse

new Accord

however the roofline is not dissimilar to the MKS concept ..

any insiders can chime in?

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45449

Thanks

Igor

The big question is height.

The MKS will be as tall as the Taurus/Sable.

Was this vehicle taller than average? The Epsilon vehicles are not particularly tall, and it doesn't seem like the Epsilon 2s are either (e.g. Aura).

Aura/G6/08 Malibu are all still on Epsylon 1 (ONE) ... the EpsII platform is yet to bow in public in both SWB and LWB version.

and good point about the height .. I Will ask

Igor

It's definitely the right shape, the right accents. Folks, I think this could be our first MKS mule. Given that the platform is tested, my guess is this means we're probably 12 or so months from job1.

Now, we just need to get this circulating and people speculating.... that will at least keep SOME people interested in the goings on at the blue oval.

Edited by focus05

Can somebody please explain to me why a Hyundai has a Michigan manufacturers plate?

Odd as it sounds, about 8-9 months before the newest Sonata came out, I saw one cruising through Annapolis of all places with blue Michigan manufacturer plates sans camo and badges. I thought it was an Accord....go figure.

Sonata, Accord, Equus...Michigan manf. plate? :redcard:

I was always under the impression that the plate reflected where the headquarters was located due, to the fact that they had to be insured by the manufacturer.

Don't forget Hyundai's North American Technical center is in Scio Township.

jason you are right...if they have test facilities in the state they will register the vehicle there. got to give hyundai credit...nice looking vehicle.

that is the challenge that ford and everyone has today....all of the car companies are building a hell of a product...

The roofline does look a lot like the MKS, but then again so do a lot of other vehicles currently on the market. The fuel filler door on an MKS (and the Five Hundred D3 platform on which it is based) is rear of the passenger side rear wheel, about midway up on the panel. These pics do not show any opening in the camo in this location, so it makes sense that it is something other than the new Lincoln.

This is another bad sign for Lincoln--their new flagship sedan is likely to be late to the marketplace with a FWD V6 layout and greenhouse styling highly suggestive of a (gasp!) high end Hyundai with RWD and V8 power.

None of this would have been a problem if someone at Lincoln would have had the brains to draw upon the 2002 Continental concept...

This is another bad sign for Lincoln--their new flagship sedan is likely to be late to the marketplace with a FWD V6 layout and greenhouse styling highly suggestive of a (gasp!) high end Hyundai with RWD and V8 power.

There will be another product above the MKS that will be the flagship of Lincoln...

Anyways, after seeing the MKR, the MKS concept styling SUCKS! I hope they improved it...