2007 Camry Solara

silvrsvt

Awww.. mine is a 2001 - quite nice actually - drove great - great value..

Selling it .. Got an Edge on order...

Sorry to hear its getting canned... great resale value...

That would be all it has going for it.

I'd almost say a 96-99 Sable looks better...

I understand that the car gets good resale value, due almost entirely to the fact that it had a Toyota emblem on it. That's not to say it wasn't a sound reliable car, but lets face it, this entire industry is driven on perception and popularity. You could have the most reliable car in the universe, but if it's not popular or made by a popular brand, you can forget good resale value. Similarly, you could have a car that's a total hunk of shit, but if it's popular and lot's of people want it, you will get good resale value. Finally let me just add that a car is the worst investment you will ever make. They never gain in value unless you happen to have a collectible car that's in like new condition and it's 20 or 30 years old, by which time you've sunk as much money in to keeping it up as you'll likely get for it. Cars are a losing bet, always, that's a given about this business. Never buy a car with the intention of getting good resale value because you never know which way the market is going to go. Seven or eight years ago you couldn't go wrong with an Explorer or a Tahoe. Hell they got big money for used ones with 80 to 100 thousand miles on them. Now? Now they practically have to give away the new ones and if you are unfortunate enough to have a used one I hope you plan on keeping it.

Solara has never appealed to me. When it comes to coupes that are more geared more toward mature buyers, they just fall short IMO. Supras and Celicas have done well, but Solara just doesn't look that good to me. Even makes an Accord coupe look exciting.

Edited by Traveler

Ya know.. Im an accountant.. and a car is nothing but a money pit...I like to buy something nice.. but I dont like to pay.. im cheap too.. and I hate financing....so I tend to pay off cars as quick as I can...

I agree about the perception - before the solara - drove Grand Am - it too last a long time with hardly any issues -

I tell some Im buying a Ford - they tell me to buy Mitsubishi or Acura or whatever - cars are a crap shoot....

hopefully the Edge will do good by me..

I'm turned off completely by the Camry. To me, they are overrated. Now, the best Toyota car in the fleet is the Avalon. Overpriced, but still nice. I looked at one at the local show and the price on it was $36,000. You can get a Infiniti G35 for that!!

Let's see, over the past 8 years, Toyota has canned not one, not two, but three cars. (Solara, Echo, and Celica). All three were essentially sales flops, Toyota or not. Ford hints about dropping a couple of slow sellers and the chicken littles on this board go into full bankruptsy mode. Gotta love the double standard, I'm tellin ya....

Let's see, over the past 8 years, Toyota has canned not one, not two, but three cars. (Solara, Echo, and Celica). All three were essentially sales flops, Toyota or not. Ford hints about dropping a couple of slow sellers and the chicken littles on this board go into full bankruptsy mode. Gotta love the double standard, I'm tellin ya....

You forgot MR2 and that the Echo replaced the Tercel. The Matrix name is also headed for the dustbin too.