Base Ford Flex pics

But they give them unpainted mirrors, steelies, and the safety bars on the doors are black. Two out of three things you can't do with the Flex. We're talking about styling --not content-- upgrades/changes. Even in the cases you mention, there's plenty of ways to identify each version.

My point was/is there's not a lot you can do with the Flex in that regard short of giving it plastic bumpers. If this is the base Flex and what you say is true, in essence, SEL buyers would be getting a vehicle that looks just as cheap as the base model.

Yeah. Whatever. Based on a prototype you have cleverly, and no doubt accurately, deduced that the SE bumpers will be shiny black--not the dull gray that they typically are when not body colored.

We're done here.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Whatever. Based on a prototype you have cleverly, and no doubt accurately, deduced that the SE bumpers will be shiny black--not the dull gray that they typically are when not body colored.

We're done here.

Richard, is it always necessary for you to post hostile comments that only serve to berate people? You are suppose to be a moderator and lead by example. Instead you prove yourself indignant and without integrity...

This used to be an enjoyable place to talk about cars...

I kind of feel the same way. I think that what may be klling this car's looks is that the windshield looks more raked than the early display models at the auto show.

Now that you mention it the windshield does look more raked. To me having it more upright does lend better appeal. I think the back-end looks too long with an added overhang like it does on an Expedition XL.. But then again this is not a small breadbox people mover like the Scion & Element which is popular with youth culture.

I a starting to see more Edges on the roads around here. They actually dont look too bad. They have a look and presence that rivals the very expensive VW Toureg. I am also seeing the new Lincoln MKS.. is that right? no... MKX? I cannot keep the new Lincoln nomenclature straight... I'll just call it the Aviator as it should have been.

You'd swear he was hired by Ford to defend every post on this board that does not say something positive about Ford.

Here we go. Richard comes in to state the obvious fact that you can't assume the SE will have black bumpers, just because an early prototype does, and the negatoids start tossing out this crap.

Maybe the SE will have black bumpers, maybe it won't. The bottom line is that we can't be sure yet. If it has 'em, it surely won't be the end of the world. If it doesn't, it won't save the company.

All I have to say is I'm outright amazed at how people get worked up over prototypes and snap judge it on crappy photos or on their imaginations when the vehicle is heavily camoed...I seriously think people just bitch to bitch on here and I know I get tired of it and then people attack other people who have a differing option then what they have, which is 90% negative most of the time. If you seriously hate what Ford is doing...why the hell come here? Your not going to change anything that they are doing...plus most of you don't even put your money where your mouth is :finger: :beatdeadhorse: :chairshot: :chairshot:

Here we go. Richard comes in to state the obvious fact that you can't assume the SE will have black bumpers, just because an early prototype does, and the negatoids start tossing out this crap.

Maybe the SE will have black bumpers, maybe it won't. The bottom line is that we can't be sure yet. If it has 'em, it surely won't be the end of the world. If it doesn't, it won't save the company.

thank you - someone has some sense left on this board (and this includes both negatoids and cheerleaders)

Igor

I think the original purpose of this thread was to offer up what the Flex looks like in trim levels without that ugly brown and the painted roof.

For those of you rambling on and on about how stupid Ford is for producing versions with black bumpers, come off it. The vehicle isn't in production and I doubt final trim levels have been settled on. It's a friggin mule for crying out loud. I highly doubt something that big would come with grey or black bumpers, the Escape doesn't even come with 'em anymore.

Geez you people piss and moan too much around here.

Its an internet forum, what would you expect? I can't recall a forum that I've been on lately that didn't have at least as many "debbie downers" and "righteous indignants" as Fanboys and cheerleaders. And, lets face it, no matter what you say, there's going to be someone johnny on the spot to call you a negatoid in one post, and another to call you a cheerleader on the other.

So, do what I do, come in, state your case, clarify if needed, and then just trapse off while the dust settles. You aren't going to please half the people even half the time, so, learn to live with it. :)

(edited to correct spelling)

Edited by old_fairmont_wagon

• 2 weeks later...

Well anyways...a whole bunch of nothing with those spy photos...its a prototype for crying out loud..then again we do have people who think the 09 F-150 horrible POS when you can't even make out excactly how the headlights look with all the camo on it :rolleyes:

Well anyways...a whole bunch of nothing with those spy photos...its a prototype for crying out loud..then again we do have people who think the 09 F-150 horrible POS when you can't even make out excactly how the headlights look with all the camo on it :rolleyes:

Some of us have these things called eyes..

Why is the rear of the MKS a foot higher off the ground than the front? Is that some kind of joke? Tijuana tilt's went out of style with Jimmy-Bob's 1976 Camaro.

Edited by Blueblood

Why is the rear of the MKS a foot higher off the ground than the front?

Uh.......

Just going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out on a limb here, and saying, "Cuz it's a prototype?"

They do all kinds of stuff to these prototypes. They don't just throw camo on a vehicle straight out of the prototype plant and say, "go out and smile for the cameras!"

Eyes don't do much good if they ain't hooked up to nothin'

:P

Uh.......

Just going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out on a limb here, and saying, "Cuz it's a prototype?"

They do all kinds of stuff to these prototypes. They don't just throw camo on a vehicle straight out of the prototype plant and say, "go out and smile for the cameras!"

Eyes don't do much good if they ain't hooked up to nothin'

:P

Ford has a history of building cars that have 2 feet of rear ground clearance, just look at the disgusting rear tilt that the GT 500 has, why would they screw up the dynamics of a test mule by raising the rear off the ground like that? Besides, the rear wheel well is so small, I don't think it can go any lower, and that's nothing but retarded, I wouldn't buy the thing for that reason alone..

why would they screw up the dynamics of a test mule by raising the rear off the ground like that?

BECAUSE IT'S A TEST MULE.

They've already set it up, now they're trying to break it. There are extant photos of an Expedition EL that looks like it's dragging its driveshaft on the floorpan, it's so overloaded. That's because it's being TESTED.

Oh, and BTW, it's not, technically, a mule. It's a prototype.

Which is it? I've always wondered what the different is.

In that a mule is half donkey, half horse, a test 'mule' is a new powertrain, platform, etc., disguised under modified or unmodified bodywork from an existing product (viz: XK spyshots, the stretched Freestyle, and prototype powertrains installed in F150s).

A prototype is a pre-production version of an upcoming car. It may not have all the existing components, and it may borrow bits here and there from existing product (at least one Expedition prototype had door panels from the previous Expedition), but it is substantially a new product.