Tundra Crash Pics

8A4RE

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else notice that the last one posted (silverish one) has TOYOTA DEALER LOT AD plates all around?

It self-destructed before it was sold! :hysterical:

no they were moving a prius on the lot and it bumped into the tundra...don't worry the prius is fine, those plastic bumpers really work :doh:

During the shooting of the Tundra seesaw commercial there were...um...some mishaps. The brakes didn't quite get the Tundra stopped in time and when the front bumper hit the crew remembered they forgot to lock the hitch which caused the trailer tongue to come off and...er...scratch the tailgate a bit before the trailer swung around and hit the driver's door damaging the door and, incidentally, the driver's seat bottom.

Toyota accepts no responsibility stating the accident was caused by the left rear tire blowout and the tires are of course from an outside supplier, Bridgestone/Firestone.

During the shooting of the Tundra seesaw commercial there were...um...some mishaps. The brakes didn't quite get the Tundra stopped in time and when the front bumper hit the crew remembered they forgot to lock the hitch which caused the trailer tongue to come off and...er...scratch the tailgate a bit before the trailer swung around and hit the driver's door damaging the door and, incidentally, the driver's seat bottom.

Toyota accepts no responsibility stating the accident was caused by the left rear tire blowout and the tires are of course from an outside supplier, Bridgestone/Firestone.

Where did you hear this?

They look better that way.

And look at the bright side for Yota: Thats less engines they will have to replace.

Any fool that buys one of them deserves what ever they get.

That truck along side the Honda Ridgeline is definitely in the queer category... Find a definition if you will! There are two of them.

Another brand new tundra with minimal impact, totalled

where did you find the pics? ive been in the auto collision industry for a few years and even did some damage estimating. That truck doesnt look like a total unless theres a hell of alot of damage i cant see. you figure, the truck is probably booking 25K still, and even with a frame swap the damage on it wont be exceeding 15K. i bet realistically it doesnt need a frame swap though, and a realistic ballpark figure for repair would be around 7K. we had an Expedition with a similar front hit (owner even carried the frotn bumper inside the truck, it tore right off) and it was about the same price. (needed hood, left apron, radiator, bumper, brackets, frame time, hood, blah blah blah)

Edited by Sixt9coug

where did you find the pics? ive been in the auto collision industry for a few years and even did some damage estimating. That truck doesnt look like a total unless theres a hell of alot of damage i cant see. you figure, the truck is probably booking 25K still, and even with a frame swap the damage on it wont be exceeding 15K. i bet realistically it doesnt need a frame swap though, and a realistic ballpark figure for repair would be around 7K. we had an Expedition with a similar front hit (owner even carried the frotn bumper inside the truck, it tore right off) and it was about the same price. (needed hood, left apron, radiator, bumper, brackets, frame time, hood, blah blah blah)

i don't know it looks not that bad but it will cost at least 10k, i wrecked my dad's 05 F-150 in a similar frontal crash, the damage wasn't near this, but it cost over 5k, not saying you don't have credibility, im just saying in those pics it looks like they don't want to pay for the repair and are selling it

Edited by Ford-150

Copart insurance auction, frame is (diamond) bent, truck is being auctioned off as a salvage. Toyota has a little bit of history with weak frames LOL!

04277617_3X.jpg

Edited by 8A4RE

wow, even assuming a diamond' frame on that red truck i cant imagine them totalling a new truck for 'just' that. a frame assembly is probably 5K and another 5K to RR it. i dont have my estimating software anymore (work for someone else now) but it seems excessive. 5K for the rest of the repairs seems reasonable (most will have RR time included in the frame swap, so itll cut down on labor plenty).

either way, its at an insurance auction for a reason so hey.... i guess it did happen.

Ha ha, when we wrecked our Venture last year, it cost somewhere around $9,000 to repair (it is worth $14,000 according to Kelley Blue Book). Hate to think of what a brand-new Tundra that had its frame bent in that way, how it would cost..

BTW, this is the $9,000-in-damage minivan before getting fixed. What you must remember about any serious accident (such as every Tundra picture here), if things that cost money but are hard to notice. Such as with out van; two headlights (cracked), new windshield (cracked, scratched, came loose), new hood (too many small dents/scratches to fix), new grill (same as hood), new weather seeling (came out after the car was fixed), two new tires (blew out when car hit ground), new door (obvious), new roof (thanks to a tree), a new hub cap (came loose and disappeared), and many other things including under-body damage. All of this applies to probably most of the Tundra picks. Not just the obvious body and chassis damage..

b2d3130e.jpg

8fb8dc01.jpg

Also, where is everyone getting these pictures of the Tundra's? I can't find any.

Edited by Explorer4X4