Tundra Crash Pics

8A4RE

Your an import driving douchebag?!!!!!!

I know it sucks to be a Ford fan right now. But don't take it out on import owners. I sense FORD fans lack a level of maturity that is evident in other automotive forums. Can't win an argument resort to name calling. But then again considering that Ford will soon be smaller than Hyuandai and KIA, I can understand your misplaced hostility. Don't worry just go on Prozac. That should help

Edited by andy82471

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it sucks to be a Ford fan right now. But don't take it out on import owners. I sense FORD fans lack a level of maturity that is evident in other automotive forums. Can't win an argument resort to name calling. But then again considering that Ford will soon be smaller than Hyuandai and KIA, I can understand your misplaced hostility. Don't worry just go on Prozac. That should help

Hostile???? seems i mis-read...you called yourself the name......

Please do, I didn't go to Harvard. I am just an import driving douchebag.

umm why are you posting here, why do we get more of these "import driving douche bags" all the time, and why do they exhibit less maturity than us aka someone i don't even want to mention cause he might reply!!! :banghead:

i know ford is in the shit hole right now, so is GM and Chrysler, but im not blaming it on the import brands, im blaming it on this media that is not only hating those three manufacturers but also this contry as a whole, the media corrupts us far more than just "toyota is better than ford and GM"

I'll have to climb under my step mothers to look at it. I was assuming it was a uni-body because there's no flex point between the cab and the bed! It's not a Truck!

Not necessarily true. As usual Honda didn't invent the unibody cab/box. Ford built an F-100 unibody from '61 to '63. The complaint from many was that the bed could not be unbolted and replaced. They were fine for campers and light duty hauling but really heavy work would dent the hell out of them. They have recently become popular with customizers.

post-16479-1182301365_thumb.jpg

umm why are you posting here, why do we get more of these "import driving douche bags" all the time, and why do they exhibit less maturity than us aka someone i don't even want to mention cause he might reply!!! :banghead:

i know ford is in the shit hole right now, so is GM and Chrysler, but im not blaming it on the import brands, im blaming it on this media that is not only hating those three manufacturers but also this contry as a whole, the media corrupts us far more than just "toyota is better than ford and GM"

Speak for your self I will insult any and all imports and their drivers if given an opportunity to exploit them! They crucify us at every opportunity, shouldn't they be held to the same standard?!!!

You guys really don't get it do you? Fords troubles have nothing to do with the media OR Toyota or any import. Once again you are making excuses. Ford has been hanging themselves for the past 10 years...they're just starting to swing now.

Well when Toyota builds a car I find at least somewhat more exciting than watching grass grow, I'll consider looking at one. Until then, they're on the bottom of my wish list. Toyota builds a decent car, but they have zero passion about it.

You guys really don't get it do you? Fords troubles have nothing to do with the media OR Toyota or any import. Once again you are making excuses. Ford has been hanging themselves for the past 10 years...they're just starting to swing now.

i hate to reply but i will

toyota just announced that its not going its route to be "an American manufacturer" because they think building in america is the reason their quality is down, please tell me thats not an excuse, they got that poor quality from rushing recent products like the tundra

so in short they are calling us american lazy and not able to build to their child labor expectations :hysterical:

i don't want to buy from something that tried to use america to get more money and now realizes how hard it is to survive in the american auto market, so now they will import more from their country here so they do not have to pay workers that much money

ok so i have been watching the news and i have yet to see this news come about, yet every time the big three close a plant they put it on the nightly news, every time the big three has had a recall they put it on the news(which is good cause it lets people know) but i never see an import brand on the news for that reason, and do not tell me that they don't have recalls, i will keep watching the news to see if they talk about it cause the news was the one to deliver the info that toyota was moving towards a more "american approach" which now they aren't

Edited by Ford-150

Sequence of events:

Idiot buys a Toyota truck

Idiot watches commercial where Toyota truck pulls a shipping container up a cliff

Idiot tries to pull a shipping container up a cliff

I just had to bring this thread to the top one more time I love these pics!

Edited by Furious1Auto

The Ridgeline is a unit body ON a frame. It's still a royal piece of shit, but it does have a frame.

You stand corrected! A Honda Ridgeline is a uni-body vehicle and does not have a full frame! It does however have a sub-frame to cradle the motor just like any uni-body vehicle! Trucks all have full frames because their built to haul and tow. I looked under my step mothers, It's just like the new Dodge Sprinter cargo van. One small impact and they'll never ride right again!

Edited by Furious1Auto

You stand corrected! A Honda Ridgeline is a uni-body vehicle and does not have a full frame! It does however have a sub-frame to cradle the motor just like any uni-body vehicle! Trucks all have full frames because their built to haul and tow. I looked under my step mothers, It's just like the new Dodge Sprinter cargo van. One small impact and they'll never ride right again!

Looks like a full frame to me.

2006_honda_ridgeline_bodyandframe.jpg

Looks like a full frame to me.

2006_honda_ridgeline_bodyandframe.jpg

If you climb under it and look there is no separation between the cab and the chassis. It's integrated spot welded sheet metal. Not drawn or stamped 1/8 inch steel like all other trucks. They can show images of reinforced sheet metal all day long, but I know the difference between a full frame vehicle and a uni-body! Climb under one and you'll see the difference, Their banking that you wont make the effort!

If you climb under it and look there is no separation between the cab and the chassis. It's integrated spot welded sheet metal. Not drawn or stamped 1/8 inch steel like all other trucks. They can show images of reinforced sheet metal all day long, but I know the difference between a full frame vehicle and a uni-body! Climb under one and you'll see the difference, Their banking that you wont make the effort!

Yes, I'm aware of the differences between the Ridgeline and a typical BOF pickup. However, the frame undoubtedly runs the entire length of the body in both instances. The fact that the frame is integrated into the unit body structure itself makes no difference. It's a cruddy compromise design in all facets of engineering, but the frame runs the entire length of the body, period.

Yes, I'm aware of the differences between the Ridgeline and a typical BOF pickup. However, the frame undoubtedly runs the entire length of the body in both instances. The fact that the frame is integrated into the unit body structure itself makes no difference. It's a cruddy compromise design in all facets of engineering, but the frame runs the entire length of the body, period.

Yeh, but it's sheet metal not frame rails. And their affixed the same as uni-body A and B pillars. I would not glorify it by calling it a frame! I defiantly would not take it off road and expect it to do the job of a truck! Maybe (CUV) cross over vehicle would be a better description. It's primarily a SUV, but with a pick-up truck bed. It's defiantly not built like a Avalance, Escalade EXT, or Sport Track which are all trucks!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I wouldnt call folded 26 gauge sheet metal a "frame".