-Taurus X update

-Focus

-Super Duty

Mercury:

-Mariner

-Sable update

Mazda:

-CX-9

-Possible 6 (to be launched/revealed late)

-Tribute

Land Rover

-LR2

Volvo:

-V70

Jaguar:

-possible XF (to be launched/revealed late)

So, now its on to 2009.

Ford:

-F-150

-Flex

-Fusion update

-Possible Mustang (or 2010)

-Possible "Fiesta" (or 2010)

-Possible "other b-car/cuv" (or 2010-2011)

Mercury:

-Milan update

Lincoln:

-MKS

-MKL (large cuv based on Flex)

-MKZ update

-MKLT

MAZDA:

-6 (if not in 08)

Land Rover:

-Range Rover?

Volvo:

-S60

-S40/V50? (or 2010)

-XC60

-XC90? (or 2010)

Jaguar:

-XF (if not 2008)

-XJ (or 2010)

Is this correct? 2010-2011 should be a huge couple years for Ford when new Taurus, Explorer, Focus, Escape, and Fusion debut, but 2009 looks promising too. Its funny how 2009 looks a lot like 2004 when the new F-150 and the Freestar minivan debuted...but of course we have a new F-150 and the awesome Flex, plus at least the updated Fusion and possible a mustang and a b car or two. Anyone else have any other info/guesses at the 09 lineup?

No new Land Rovers are planned until 2010 at the earliest. As this way Ford can get Land Rover to go backwards like the rest of the company..... Ford should be expanding Land Rover ASAP, and milking it for all it's worth. New Landies anyone? How about a Range Rover car to sink the S class?

So, for 2008 we had:

Ford:

-Escape

-Taurus update

-Taurus X update

-Focus

-Super Duty

Mercury:

-Mariner

-Sable update

Mazda:

-CX-9

-Possible 6 (to be launched/revealed late)

-Tribute

Land Rover

-LR2

Volvo:

-V70

Jaguar:

-possible XF (to be launched/revealed late)

So, now its on to 2009.

Ford:

-F-150

-Flex

-Fusion update

-Possible Mustang (or 2010)

-Possible "Fiesta" (or 2010)

-Possible "other b-car/cuv" (or 2010-2011)

Mercury:

-Milan update

Lincoln:

-MKS

-MKL (large cuv based on Flex)

-MKZ update

-MKLT

MAZDA:

-6 (if not in 08)

Land Rover:

-Range Rover?

Volvo:

-S60

-S40/V50? (or 2010)

-XC60

-XC90? (or 2010)

Jaguar:

-XF (if not 2008)

-XJ (or 2010)

Is this correct? 2010-2011 should be a huge couple years for Ford when new Taurus, Explorer, Focus, Escape, and Fusion debut, but 2009 looks promising too. Its funny how 2009 looks a lot like 2004 when the new F-150 and the Freestar minivan debuted...but of course we have a new F-150 and the awesome Flex, plus at least the updated Fusion and possible a mustang and a b car or two. Anyone else have any other info/guesses at the 09 lineup?

After the UAW talks. let's hope Ford will be announcing a lot more new products than what is mentioned above. With new products already announced, I would say that Ford has maybe 50-50 chance of turning profit for 2009 if all the stars align. With new models like Bronco jeep like vehicle, MKR, a new Ranger, a two seat sports car like Porsche Boxer, and some other exciting products, Ford could maybe gurantee not only profit, but billions in profit that company size of Ford needs to move forward. Even if profits for 2009 are guaranteed, they will not be enough to gurantee long term health. Ford needs to get far more aggressive with product development. Ford needs sport sedans, sport wagons, and small sports cars badly. Ford Dealers need something to get nontraditional Ford into their showrooms. Fusion and Edge are just start in my view. They need to follow it up with more new products. I hope they are coming.

Also, not to beat my usual dead horse, but let us not forget that Ford should expand it's offerings into the world of hybrids and electrics.

Yes, a few years ago whenever Ford talked about hybrids they always mentioned that 500, Fusion, and Edge would get hybrid versions. Then Ford scaled the program back and I notice they never even mention any possible Fusion version when they talk about hybrid program. I hear lots of people speculating about Fusion hybrid, but so far Ford has not said much publicly. I would like to hear exactly when Fusion hybrid will be out, but so far nothing. And Ford could use Edge and Taurus hybrid. Let's hope also that new F-150 comes with diesed offering along with the Expedition. And that they are out within next 16 months.

Yes, a few years ago whenever Ford talked about hybrids they always mentioned that 500, Fusion, and Edge would get hybrid versions. Then Ford scaled the program back and I notice they never even mention any possible Fusion version when they talk about hybrid program. I hear lots of people speculating about Fusion hybrid, but so far Ford has not said much publicly. I would like to hear exactly when Fusion hybrid will be out, but so far nothing. And Ford could use Edge and Taurus hybrid. Let's hope also that new F-150 comes with diesed offering along with the Expedition. And that they are out within next 16 months.

This is speculation; IIRC this Fusion will be the 2nd generation hybrid from the 1st generation Escape. There have been talks of Five Hundred/Taurus and Edge hybrids and I think that's a good idea yet I feel that the truth is coming out that hybrids as of now do not live up to the hype. I need more data if anyones got it please.

As for the trucks; the F-series and Expedition share the same platform n'est pas? The upcoming Diesel is from the Lion project and I can't wait to see that.

As for the 2008 MY; I am dissapointed in the Focus. I will look for a 2005-2007 somewhere. I just bought a house and will have to wait for around a year to get new wheels.

If Ford is so short sighted they don't understand the potential and demand behind the hybrid and electric vehicle market then they really do deserve to suffer the consequences.

What are you talking about?

They're about to start selling NY thousands of Hybrids to replace their taxis.

AFIAK, Fusion Hybrid is being developed as well and will use similar package to the Escape.

Its funny how 2009 looks a lot like 2004 when the new F-150 and the Freestar minivan debuted...but of course we have a new F-150 and the awesome Flex, plus at least the updated Fusion and possible a mustang and a b car or two. Anyone else have any other info/guesses at the 09 lineup?

DS:

As they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", but my eyes tell *me* that the photo below would probably not be found anywhere near the definition of "awesome".

ford-flex-spy-shot-side.jpg

Yes.... I know. This is probably just a test mule absent of the all of the paint and chrome magic of the concept versions. But if it takes that stuff to make a vehicle attractive/palatable, then another old phrase, "put some lipstick on that pig" comes to mind.

Keep in mind that this 4,000lbs+ thing will be introduced during (more than likely) gas going for $3.50-4.00+ a gallon, at a sticker price north of $28k.

I don't get it.

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

Keep in mind that this 4,000lbs+ thing will be introduced during (more than likely) gas going for $3.50-4.00+ a gallon, at a sticker price north of $28k.

I don't get it.

-Ovaltine

Or you can have a 3,000 lb sled — but at a sticker price north of $38k. Aluminum and composites cost.

What don't you get? Families with children can't drive around in 2000lb. sedans.
Or you can have a 3,000 lb sled — but at a sticker price north of $38k. Aluminum and composites cost.

Nonsense, the world never got better because of the guys that stood around and told everyone what can't be done. It gets better because someone will figure out how to make it happen.

OK. When somebody can come up with a 7 passenger vehicle, with either 4-wheel or all-wheel drive that can pull a 6500lb. trailer, that get's the mileage of a small sedan, I promise I will buy it.

You do that. In the meantime, 99% of American families don't need such a vehicle and so Ford shouldn't waste their time trying to build it.

Use common sense guys, I know it's in short supply around here sometimes so borrow it if you have to. The majority of American families are not 7 strong. The majority of American families have 1 to 2 children and that's it. The majority of American families that do have 3 children or more can't afford to go out and buy a brand new car no matter what it's configuration. Most people do not have a need to pull a trailer. I don't know why some of you guys think that everything Ford builds has to have a trailer hitch. Most people never use a trailer. So building a vehicle that can carry 7 people and pull a trailer is only going to be useful to a very, very small percentage of the population. Hence you are wasting your time making it because it's going to have some pretty small sales numbers. But don't believe me, continue on this path and we can all sit around and enjoy the ever declining sales numbers month after month if you prefer.

No new Land Rovers are planned until 2010 at the earliest. As this way Ford can get Land Rover to go backwards like the rest of the company..... Ford should be expanding Land Rover ASAP, and milking it for all it's worth. New Landies anyone? How about a Range Rover car to sink the S class?

JLR R&D is incredibly busy at the moment, and you can only expand a company so fast without screwing things up. Experienced & capable automotive engineers don't exactly drop out of the sky! Anyway before 2010 there are a couple of refreshes and some rather important powertrain upgrades.

Edited by jon_the_limey

OK smart guy, you prove where he got the 99% number from. Bet you can't.

As a matter of fact, you are correct. When you add up the resources needed to produce and dispose of the hybrid batteries, not to mention the extra cost, a small diesel or four cylinder engine is a better choice.

Glad to see we agree on something! :)

I did not mean to come across as suporting that number, 99%

Man I sure wish the US and Europe can work something out as far as regulations so Ford can bring some of thosw Awsome Diesel's over here!

Nonsense, the world never got better because of the guys that stood around and told everyone what can't be done. It gets better because someone will figure out how to make it happen.

Well, duh. Your insight astounds.

Anyway, YOU were bitching that RIGHT NOW, the Flex is too heavy.

Well, at the 28K price level, it weighs that much with TODAY'S production technology, so it won't fold up like a Yugo when it hits something sizable.

Regs have changed, and it takes that much pork to meet them. Compare a 1983 BMW 320 with a 2K7 320 4-dr.

Compare an early 80's 911 with a new 911, and even at the high end, where expensive materials can be used, vehicles are heavier, even without additional luxo equipment that wasn't available in the early 80's.

You'll be happy to know that lots of really, really smart people are hard at work, trying to figure out how to make it happen, with nanotechnology like amorphous metal alloys and nano-composites. When they finally get amorphous sheet in volume production, about a decade from now, things will get a lot lighter.

i DID use common sense, and bought a freestyle. hmmm, 7 passenger capability, 4000lbs, i have a family of 5, we all ride bikes, and are very active...did i mention i have been averaging 23 mpg in mixed driving? sorry not enough people realize how useful it is. just because you don't have the family size, or you don't have a use for a particular vehicle, doesn't mean others don't. i think we had this same discussion when blackhorse went after the mustang, but that ended up in an ego trip, too.

the freestyle is perfect as a family hauler. and the flex, if it gets as good or better milage, would be our next vehicle.

Edited by tim kakouris