Lincoln MKS spyshots, INTERIOR CLEAR SHOTS

LincolnFan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm, im not sure about the switch gear but I do notice you can actually shift it, also the stereo looks meh but I like the rest of it except teh gauges, they still suck.

Some of fords designers need to go drive a freaking Audi.

Edited by one2gamble

ok....looks nice....my only fear w Lincoln is the fear os slappin on a copious overdone chrome beak....and guys...for us internet non-savvies...ease up or EXPLAIN the IMHO, the WHOMG's and HAWTS....I swear WTF!............miltary school drop-outs

Very nice looking interior, IMO.

IMO = In My Opinion

IMHO = In My Honest Opinion

You've got me on WHOMG, never heard that one.

Do a search on Internet slang, acronyms or abbreviations.

Very nice looking interior, IMO.

IMO = In My Opinion

IMHO = In My Honest Opinion

You've got me on WHOMG, never heard that one.

Do a search on Internet slang, acronyms or abbreviations.

HAHAHAHAHA...too busy striking up arguments about Dealer Markup............GMD? = get my drift....

What's with the center section of the dash cover sweeping forward toward the windshield? It was on the concept interior too, with no apparent purpose. It makes it look like something is supposed to belong there.

the 500's have a little flip up sunglass/ wallet holder...? a guess though, and at least it breaks up a potentially boring straight line....

the 500's have a little flip up sunglass/ wallet holder...? a guess though, and at least it breaks up a potentially boring straight line....

Doesn't look like there's a bin on the MKS though. If there is, they desguised it VERY well, to which I'd offer kudos.

Nobody's mentioned the push button on the left hand side of the steering wheel? Can you say Keyless Go?

That theory kind of goes out the window when you see the traditional keyhole to the right side of the steering wheel.

It looks more like a power port...odd location, but that's what it appears to be to me.

One thing I would liketo see, is where the shifter is and cup holders, instead of having the black plastic extend that far down it should be wood from where the black plastic end on the center dash, instead of having another piece of black plastic begin, I think wood would look better.

One thing I would liketo see, is where the shifter is and cup holders, instead of having the black plastic extend that far down it should be wood from where the black plastic end on the center dash, instead of having another piece of black plastic begin, I think wood would look better.

Well, it's still a pre-production model. The wood trim does look a bit sparse on this shot. It's possible (and hopefully) the mass of dull black plastic on the center stack/console will be finished some other way for the production version. Even a brushed aluminum look like the MKZ would look better.

It looks OK, but not outstanding. The gauges look silly. The door handles look like cheap plastic "chrome". And I see they are sticking with that silly turn stalk/wiper control --why? At least it isn't that awful retro look they used in the Navigator.

Bigger question for me is what engine will this thing have?

Hmm... I like the overall layout and design, but I do have a couple concerns that would be deal-breakers for me:

- fit and and finish is HORRIBLE. Look at the gaps surrounded the lower IP controls (headlight switches, ignition). My '88 T-bird's dash was literally screwed together from the factory and looked better than that!

- Lets's play a counting game! 1) "wood" 2) "chrome" 3) tan plastic 4) satin "nickel" 5) contrast "pleather" 6) matte black... WTFingF?! NOTHING seems to go together. Pick a theme and stick with it guys! The way the "wood" just seems to... END at the steering column is too abrupt.

I expect more attention to detail in a luxury car. That said, I hope this is just a roughed-in prototype and these issues can be addressed...

Hmm... I like the overall layout and design, but I do have a couple concerns that would be deal-breakers for me:

- fit and and finish is HORRIBLE. Look at the gaps surrounded the lower IP controls (headlight switches, ignition). My '88 T-bird's dash was literally screwed together from the factory and looked better than that!

- Lets's play a counting game! 1) "wood" 2) "chrome" 3) tan plastic 4) satin "nickel" 5) contrast "pleather" 6) matte black... WTFingF?! NOTHING seems to go together. Pick a theme and stick with it guys! The way the "wood" just seems to... END at the steering column is too abrupt.

I expect more attention to detail in a luxury car. That said, I hope this is just a roughed-in prototype and these issues can be addressed...

Pre-production prototype. How many times does this need to be said about spy shots? While you're nitpicking about things not looking good on the interior, I have to point out how the big huge red button on the dash is really an eyesore!!! It doesn't flow with anything else on the interior. Come on. Put some of your complaints in perspective.

I like what we're seeing so far. Materials look top of the line. The doors look swathed in padded leather-like material, not unlike many Lexus models.

The space on the top of the dash will be occupied by the THX speaker, without a doubt. This model does not appear to be equipped with THX sound... hence the strange empty spot.

The small screen located above the radio will be a driver-information center of sorts, for models not equipped with THX sound or navigation. In those models, that space will be replaced by a touch screen.

As for the black plastic, notice how it contrasts with the wood and aluminum accents (which both appear REAL). Wood or aluminum in that space would just make the interior look silly and overdone, so I think firm plastic will have to do. However, I like how it is color-coded to the upper dash, and I expect the tactile feeling will be excellent, given how often the driver will be touching it.

Instrumentation and switchgear looks excellent... the brick is gone! In fact, switchgear looks remarkably similar to Audi, for anyone else who's driven them.

The general design theme is carried forward from the MKZ and MKX, but loses a lot of the retro blockiness from those vehicles.