Incredibly Good Focus Review!

LSFan00

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You troll, if Volvo can sell the C30 starting at 22k, don't you think FORD could sell their version even cheaper??

And that is the ST with all the bells and whistles including a 225 horse turbo 5, the base models would come in much much cheaper, the only thing that's been proven here is that you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about and that you're a total ass.

Just STFU already, you're making this website a miserable place to be, Jeremy clarkson was right about your type..

LMAO, What a moron. I think you better have a look at the features and options list before your open you mouth dumb ass.

http://www.volvocars.us/models/c30/FeaturesOptions.htm

Whoops too late!!

Yeah, good luck finding one for 22K. LOL At that price it is an absolute and I do mean absolute stripper model. To get one appointed to an even normal level of car you won't touch one for less than 27 or 28K.

Starting at $22,700
This is not the bells and whistles job, the price only goes up from here genius, not down. Then they option out things like.

$185.00 for curise control

$100.00 for a trip odometer

$1250 for an automatic

$295 for fog lamps

$450 for a power drivers seat

$25 for a bottle holder!!!!????

$40 for a rear seat armrest

$150 for a leather clad steering wheel

$200 for the spoiler

If you decide to upgrade the stereo (which most dealerships do) it's a minimum of $475 dollars and upwards of $800

These are but a few of the options on the list that stick out as sort of WTF things. Many other options as you can see are well into the over $1000 range and who ever heard of a dealership ordering the absolute stripped down model of anything. No matter which interior you get it's going to tack on a minium of $100 to $150 to the price tag.

Version 1.0

Five-cylinder, 227 horsepower, 236 lb-ft torque, 2.5-liter turbo engine

Six speed manual transmission

Dynamic Stability Traction Control (DSTC)

17" alloy wheels

Premium eight speaker, 160 watt audio system

MP3 playback, iPod connectivity

Four passenger bucket seats with sporty T-tech/cloth upholstery

Inflatable Side Curtains (IC)

Whiplash Protection Front Seating (WHIPS)

Side Impact Protection System (SIPS)

This is literally all you get for 22K fool. Enjoy, hope you don't take any road trips because you have no cruise control nor a drink holder to set your drink in apparently. This is just a Mazda Speed 3, ironically the price is about the same, gee whiz. Also Mazda is kind enough not to option out the cruise control, trip odometer, bottle holder and rear armrest on your ass. No matter how hard you try to squeeze that terd out, they just aren't going to import a 47 thousand dollar car and magically drop the price to 25 grand moron. Give it up already.

You see that pretty silver C30 in the picture? Yeah, tack on $625 to your $22,700 price tag right off the top to get the silver. This car comes stock in two colors, Ice White and Black Stone. All the other colors you pay for at a minium of $475 per color.

Edited by BlackHorse

PS, how the hell did we get back on this topic anyway. I was sure we had hashed this out pretty thorougly already.

Well BlackHorse, all I can say is that when we changed from C170 to C1 in Australia there was SFA change in price, the same change over in Europe and Asia without any great price hikes.

Now that IS Apples with Apples, unlike what you persist in doing.

Well BlackHorse, all I can say is that when we changed from C170 to C1 in Australia there was SFA change in price, the same change over in Europe and Asia without any great price hikes.

Now that IS Apples with Apples, unlike what you persist in doing.

The only thing I presist in doing is wondering why you guys have no common sense. They aren't going to sell a C1 Focus ST-3, as equipped in Europe for 25 thosuand dollars here. It as obvious as can be. I don't know why you guys can't understand that.

Edited by BlackHorse

The only thing I presist in doing is wondering why you guys have no common sense. They aren't going to sell a C1 Focus ST-3, as equipped in Europe for 25 thosuand dollars here. It as obvious as can be. I don't know why you guys can't understand that.

You're the one talking about prices, I never said they were ever entertaining importing the ST, my posts were drected towards your incorrect price comparisons and the actual performance of the ST (XR5T) as personally witnessed. You cannot infer that pricing is directly comparable along currency exchange rates. it just doesn't work that way.

I don't expect you to accept an foreigner's point of view but please be told, your cars in the US are ULTRA CHEAP price wise. They do not compare with any where else.

Edited by jpd80

You're the one talking about prices, I never said they were ever entertaining importing the ST, my posts were drected towards your incorrect price comparisons and the actual performance of the ST (XR5T) as personally witnessed. You cannot infer that pricing is directly comparable along currency exchange rates. it just doesn't work that way.

I don't expect you to accept an foreigner's point of view but please be told, your cars in the US are ULTRA CHEAP price wise.

You can't personally witness something that has not and likely will not happen. The fact that you are a foreigner has nothing to do with this. One of my best friends in this life is an Aussie. He and I would kill and die for one another no questions asked, but that's another topic. Regardless of weather the price conversion was accurate or not. I know enough about it to know that they aren't going to import the Focus ST-3 as equipped on the European market and sell it here at 25 grand. They would have to seriously decontent it first. If consumers just wanted the look and the motor and a manual tranny, well maybe they could get there. But not with that features and options the car offers across the pond. I'm well aware that our cars are ultra cheap by comparison to a lot of other countries. I'm also well aware that a lot of those other countries are selling cars with a lot more option content then we have. Your typical American car is equipped with power windows and locks, cruise control, a so so stereo, rear window defog and keyless remote and that's about the extent of it here for the most part. Sure things like Nav systems and all that fancy stuff are available, but guess what, most people don't opt for them becuase they add $$$ to the price tag. My guess would be that an ST-3 as equipped in Europe would sell for somewhere in the 32 to 34 thousand range here.

Nothing like an argument with no basis whatsoever.

I don't think jpd80 is arguing that the ST-3 should be imported to the U.S., or that if it was imported to the U.S. it would cost less than $25k.

As far as the cost of U.S. cars, it's not just that they're not heavily optioned, they're not heavily taxed, and this is the most competitive market in the world. It has the lowest barriers to entry, the highest percentage of car ownership, and on and on it goes.

Sorry for the misunderstanding,

There is a huge helmet factor (profit margin) on this car, it's one of FoE's hero cars and attracts all the boy racers. A US$13K difference between the base model and ST at $25K, won't work in the US.

So I see that not good considering domestic performance cars for that price are much better value.

Now a C170 ST Turbo for $18K might work.

Pity, FNA could have easily use a 2.3 Turbo from the Mazda 3 if they wanted to get even more power. Oh, that's right it failed reliability tests, that would have been a much cheaper option.

Don't look at the UK for the ST price - just look at the Mexican Ford site.

ST retails @ 275,000 pesos

todays exchange rate: 10.7353 to 1

so thats +/- 25,600 US Dollars..

Still pricey? I don't know. Even though it doesn't compare directly seems pretty close to a Subaru WRX...

Now, touching on the ever existing C1 Focus issue - does any one know if the C1 Focus is selling in Mexico? I heard that its not doing so well... The sedan (only model shown other than the ST Hatch) starts at 15,700...

From that point on, that was the basis of the argument, perhaps you forgot that it was posted Richard. It's an espeically silly thing to say given that according to the Mexican Ford Website there is no ST Focus available. Their top of the line Focus does not include the volvo ST motor. At that point I began trying to point out that you coudln't get the Focus ST here for 25 thousand. Blueblood of course wanted to bring up the 22 K Volvo C30, but of course was apparently oblivous to the fact that at 22K it's below stripper status and unless you order one specifically that way you'll never find one on a dealership lot for anywhere near 22K. Remember when they advertised that the Solstice was going to sell for 20K? Yeah right, I've yet to see one below 26K anywhere. Also he left out that a C30 and C1 focus do not share the same platform and that could very well affect the price.

You know I wish it could happen guys. I really like the Focus ST-3 I think its an awesome car and if they could sell it here for 25 thousand I'd be all over it. It's one of those "wouldn't it be cool if" sort of things. Yeah it would be cool, but it's not going to happen.

Edited by BlackHorse

jpd80

According to statements from Ford officials (at least the guy who was promoted after the CD3 project took off) Ford in the US and Mexico have roughly the same prices.

Any differences you see are due to the fact that --by law-- mexican prices have to include government taxes in them, which ultimately add up to ~20-25%.

Another point of reference is the VW GTI , which also costs around the same in the US and Mexico once the proper equation is done, base Vs. fully equipped (w/o nav).

The Focus ST, as is, just like it happens in Mexico, Europe, and pretty much everywhere else, would undercut the GTI by the same average margin. In this case, it would retail for about 19k without a moonroof.

In Mexico, the C1 Focus range sells on average for 1k more than last years C170's prices, well equipped.

Edited by pcsario

jpd80

According to statements from Ford officials (at least the guy who was promoted after the CD3 project took off) Ford in the US and Mexico have roughly the same prices.

Any differences you see are due to the fact that --by law-- mexican prices have to include government taxes in them, which ultimately add up to ~20-25%.

Another point of reference is the VW GTI , which also costs around the same in the US and Mexico once the proper equation is done, base Vs. fully equipped (w/o nav).

The Focus ST, as is, just like it happens in Mexico, Europe, and pretty much everywhere else, would undercut the GTI by the same average margin. In this case, it would retail for about 19k without a moonroof.

In Mexico, the C1 Focus range sells on average for 1k more than last years C170's prices, well equipped.

Thanks for that, I felt the C1 package was no dearer than the previous C170s.

Our Aussie taxes on new cars are included similar to yours, same same I guess.

Looks like Europeans like to charge more for the Turbo hero car, they have every right to.