2008 Ford Motor Company June Sales

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Before the numbers are out, I'll assume the following:

1. The Taurus hasn't shipped in sufficient quantity to be much help.

2. The Fusion will have another solid, if not record-breaking, month.

3. The slow housing industry will still hurt the F-series.

4. The decline will be in single-digit percentages and the rhetoric will be about lost fleet sales but solidified retail share.

5. Jaguar will continue to bleed red ink.

6. Land Rover will continue to be solid.

7. Volvo will be flat.

8. Mercury will be...errrr...up, by like 3 percent.

9. Lincoln will be flat.

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/release_dis...m?release=26284

FORD RETAIL SALES 'EDGE' HIGHER IN JUNE AS NEW, REDESIGNED CROSSOVERS SOAR

Featured Stories

Press Releases

Ford, Lincoln and Mercury posted combined retail sales increase in June – the first such increase since October 2006.

Combined crossover sales increased 83 percent, driven by strong demand for all-new Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX, and redesigned Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner.

Lincoln registers ninth month in a row of higher retail sales.

All-new Ford Expedition gains for the tenth month in a row.

Land Rover sales rose 8 percent, reflecting all-new LR2.

Total sales were 247,599, down 8 percent from a year ago reflecting 39 percent reduction in daily rental sales.

Taurus and Sable did pretty well considering the low dealer stock. Taurus & Five Hundred combined was almost 9000 units.

Fusion and Edge had another solid month well over 10,000.

So much for the new Escape and Mariner being flops. They both set sales records this month.

F-series actually held pretty steady from last year. Shocking.

Jaguar is a mess as always...even the new XK's sales are slumping already. Volvo doesn't look much better at this point.

Not a bad month all around, when you factor out last year's increased fleet sales.

Edited by NickF1011

Highlights by me:

FoMoCo Total: 247,599 (down 8%)

- Rental Fleet down 22,000 (down 22%)

Taurus: 5,836 (outsold CV and Five Hundred; FH and Taurus combined: 8,965)

Fusion: 12,435 (down 10% from a year ago)

Focus: 19,000 (up 20%)

Escape: 19,174 (up 33%)

Edge: 12,470 (outsold Fusion)

F-series: 65,156 (down 0.5%)

FORD TOTAL: 204,303 (down 9.7%)

Sable: 1,520 (Outsold Montego, Montego and Sable combined: 2,447)

Milan: 2,764 (down 13%)

Mariner: 3,788 (up 97%)

MERCURY TOTAL: 15,660 (down 6.1%)

MKZ: 3,123 (up 38%)

MKX: 3,400

Navigator: 2.045 (down 7.3%)

LINCOLN TOTAL: 12,464 (up 30%)

JAGUAR TOTAL: 1,410 (down 34.7%)

VOLVO TOTAL: 9,572 (down 12%)

LR2 1,096

LAND ROVER TOTAL: 4,160 (up 8.1%)

Igor

Edited by igor

MKZ alone outsold the Infinity Brand

Not sure I'm following you on that one?

And now we realize why Ford has to move Jaguar and LR as one. The sales of one brand have to counteract the abysmal sales of the other. Jaguar should not be that low volume.

A few other things:

-I hope Fusion sales stabilize and gain momentum. New technology and features hopefully address that. The Milan needs to be pushed as a slightly upscale and more premium choice over the Camry, Accord and Aura.

-I took friends car shopping the other day and there are NO Hybrid Escapes/Mariners to be found in the SoFla market

-Edge sales look good, I hope the 08 improvements bring more consumers into the showroom

Edited by Michael Reynolds

Not sure I'm following you on that one?

And now we realize why Ford has to move Jaguar and LR as one. The sales of one brand have to counteract the abysmal sales of the other. Jaguar should not be that low volume.

A few other things:

-I hope Fusion sales stabilize and gain momentum. New technology and features hopefully address that. The Milan needs to be pushed as a slightly upscale and more premium choice over the Camry, Accord and Aura.

-I took friends car shopping the other day and there are NO Hybrid Escapes/Mariners to be found in the SoFla market

-Edge sales look good, I hope the 08 improvements bring more consumers into the showroom

the infinity comment was a mistake .. I read the Infinity TRUCK number .. as the total Infinity number .. hence my assertion above.

I agree with your point 1 and 3 .. I am very impressed with the Taurus .. 5k in a first month is mighty good .. especially with still limited inventory.

Igor

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the limited-supply Taurus number a better debut month than the Edge OR Fusion were? I don't remember, but that seems awfully impressive to me at least. By the way, why has Ford stopped advertising the Fusion suddenly? I haven't seen any ads for it in ages. No wonder the sales are slipping.

Edited by SVT_MAN

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the limited-supply Taurus number a better debut month than the Edge OR Fusion were? I don't remember, but that seems awfully impressive to me at least. By the way, why has Ford stopped advertising the Fusion suddenly? I haven't seen any ads for it in ages. No wonder the sales are slipping.

I've seen a few of the Fusion ads whereas they quote all the raves from yahoo.

The MKX and MKZ seem to have a strong showing overall. If the momentum continues I wouldn't be surprised if Lincoln becomes the best selling luxury nameplate this year, or possibly next year with the introduce of the MKS.

do not under estimate the size of BMW and Lexus ... they are several times bigger than Lincoln.

Lincoln now outsells Infinity, and maybe Acura, but not the big players.

Igor

do not under estimate the size of BMW and Lexus ... they are several times bigger than Lincoln.

Lincoln now outsells Infinity, and maybe Acura, but not the big players.

Igor

True. BMW moves 3s like there is no tomorrow. When we were car shopping they had no problem at all trying to wheel and deal us into a 335.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

Well Toyota sales are out : http://www.toyota.com/about/news/corporate...03-1-sales.html

Edge outsold the Highlander (11,253) and Escape outsold the Rav4 (14,677). But Ford Cannot touch their car sales .. not at all.

Tundra sold 21k units.

Lincoln still cannot touch the Lexus though: ES350 sold 7,323 and RX sold 9,349; combined, Lexus is alsmost twice the size of Lincoln.

Igor

Well Toyota sales are out : http://www.toyota.com/about/news/corporate...03-1-sales.html

Edge outsold the Highlander (11,253) and Escape outsold the Rav4 (14,677). But Ford Cannot touch their car sales .. not at all.

Tundra sold 21k units.

Lincoln still cannot touch the Lexus though: ES350 sold 7,323 and RX sold 9,349; combined, Lexus is alsmost twice the size of Lincoln.

Igor

46K Camrys :nonono:

June was a very good new vehicle month.We are sold out of '07 Fusion and Focus. Escape is red-hot selling like crazy. F-series is holding steady....Edge is not doing well for us,but we have the wrong stock.

The '08 Taurus and Focus will sell great...IF....they come to market priced right,with no commodity restrictions.

PAG's sales figure are interesting. Volvo is down a wopping 12%! Despite the fact that it has 2 new models, including the C30 (so in a way that's a worse performance than Jag). Jag's down which I'd expect and even the XK is down already, however it should be noted that they are simply selling more in Europe instead (as they sell everyone they make still). the strong pound is hurting them. Also those sales should get a boost once the XF is online. Land Rover is the Rock at the moment and can do no wrong. Volvo is really shocking though.